Sponsored

FOREST GREEN R1T Photos

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
This color is my current choice, until I switch back to el Cappe or LA Silver for the millionth time.

FG is starting to grow on me and feel like it might be a very good color for the R1s. The only thing is, in bright light the color looks washed out and very dull.
Have you seen it in person?

metallic paints don’t photograph well. Colour flop is a cruel mistress.
Sponsored

Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, VW ID.4, R1S on preorder
Clubs

My question is, will the ocean coast interior look ok with forest green, I prefer lighter interiors to all black when I can....

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
My question is, will the ocean coast interior look ok with forest green, I prefer lighter interiors to all black when I can....
Guess we will have to find oht at the test drives! (I'm not sure either)

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I'm sharing this post I just made in the Launch Green thread, only because it may be germaine to the discussion here of Forest Green.

Riviot said:
Another FE/BM flip-flopper here... I was "L.G./F.E./A.T./4ME!!!" and didn't flip until I saw the BM in the Motor Trend pics. It just looks so slick and clean! I fear the FE will fade into a baby-puke color over time... And I like the green line down the center of the BM seats! A nice accent.

But you, sir, saw it in person. Why do you think FE over BM?
DuckTruck said:
It's simply a preference. I think the Forest Edge looks great and it reminds me of the interior of the old green Chevy Caprice Estate Family Truckster Wagon I grew up with, and had in college. I think the Black Mountain also looks really nice, as does the Midnight paint.

That said, I also think both the black interior and exterior will show mud, dirt, and dust earlier than anything else, other than maybe Glacier White with Ocean Coast. For around town, that may not be an issue, but with more gravel in my travel, I think the LG/FE will suck up the yuck and suppress the mess way better.

I love a clean car, but I'm just as happy if I can't tell it's dirty. I have a black Acura that sometimes looks dirty thirty miles after coming through a car wash. With its black interior, my CDO brain notices every pine needle. That green & green combo of the old Chevy hid a lot of sins. None of them mine, of course....?

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
That is the exact color combination they put on the very first R1S to ever exist (the original show vehicle) so at least Rivian thinks it looks OK! I have seen it in person (twice!) and can tell you it looks fantastic!

Sponsored

Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I'm sharing this post I just made in the Launch Green thread, only because it may be germaine to the discussion here of Forest Green.

DuckTruck said:
It's simply a preference. I think the Forest Edge looks great and it reminds me of the interior of the old green Chevy Caprice Estate Family Truckster Wagon I grew up with, and had in college. I think the Black Mountain also looks really nice, as does the Midnight paint.

That said, I also think both the black interior and exterior will show mud, dirt, and dust earlier than anything else, other than maybe Glacier White with Ocean Coast. For around town, that may not be an issue, but with more gravel in my travel, I think the LG/FE will suck up the yuck and suppress the mess way better.

I love a clean car, but I'm just as happy if I can't tell it's dirty. I have a black Acura that sometimes looks dirty thirty miles after coming through a car wash. With its black interior, my CDO brain notices every pine needle. That green & green combo of the old Chevy hid a lot of sins. None of them mine, of course....?
Thanks for the post. For me I don't love FE enough from pictures to pay an extra fee for it. Maybe after I saw it in person I would, but as it is now it is something that is my clear 3rd preference.

I also had a black car with black leather interior for a long time (it just died after 19 years). It looked amazing with clean, but looked dirty fairly quickly. Plus black interiors get hotter and as the leather wore down over 19 years it showed that wear very clearly.

My last 2 car purchases have had light grey leather interiors. They have held up well to my muck from hiking and the muck from raising a kid. The wipe clean just fine, and when not recently cleaned looked as good or better than the black. Plus they are cooler and it makes the cabin feel a little more airy and pleasant to me.

My hope is my R1S will be forest green with the ocean coast interior, but I really need to see OC in person first. Hopefully it is more light grey than white. I have driven my friends white interior model X, and while it held up well to his two little kids and didn't look bad at all, it was just too much for me.

Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

That is the exact color combination they put on the very first R1S to ever exist (the original show vehicle) so at least Rivian thinks it looks OK! I have seen it in person (twice!) and can tell you it looks fantastic!
Awesome thanks!

Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

This color is my current choice, until I switch back to el Cappe or LA Silver for the millionth time.

FG is starting to grow on me and feel like it might be a very good color for the R1s. The only thing is, in bright light the color looks washed out and very dull.
Haha, you and me are in the same boat exactly. I swap between LA Silver, El Cap and Forest Green. From the pictures I like the FG the best, but keep changing my mind. I am also curious about Limestone, but there are so few pictures of that out there. I also do like Rivian Blue, but I think it is a bit too bright for me long term. (And I agree with some of the others that it looks better on the R1T)

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks for the post. For me I don't love FE enough from pictures to pay an extra fee for it. Maybe after I saw it in person I would, but as it is now it is something that is my clear 3rd preference.

I also had a black car with black leather interior for a long time (it just died after 19 years). It looked amazing with clean, but looked dirty fairly quickly. Plus black interiors get hotter and as the leather wore down over 19 years it showed that wear very clearly.

My last 2 car purchases have had light grey leather interiors. They have held up well to my muck from hiking and the muck from raising a kid. The wipe clean just fine, and when not recently cleaned looked as good or better than the black. Plus they are cooler and it makes the cabin feel a little more airy and pleasant to me.

My hope is my R1S will be forest green with the ocean coast interior, but I really need to see OC in person first. Hopefully it is more light grey than white. I have driven my friends white interior model X, and while it held up well to his two little kids and didn't look bad at all, it was just too much for me.
My concern with OC is that I've seen more than a few pictures that show it having a more than slight blue hue to it, which I'm not so sure about pairing with green. It's possible that it's just bad photos/lighting, but ?‍♂

But I'm also in LOVE with FE. I'm pretty sold on my FG exterior, but I'm still waffling on switching to Compass Yellow, after seeing it in person. Even if I switch to yellow though, still 100% planning on keeping the FE.

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Have you seen it in person?

metallic paints don’t photograph well. Colour flop is a cruel mistress.
I wish I could see it in person to get a better grasp of the color, all the Rivian colors for that matter. But yeah I agree metallic colors do not photograph very well.

The meteor grey of my Audi, looks so much better in person than in pictures. Which is one of the reason I have been going back and fourth on el Cappe, hoping it would be like the meteor grey.

Rivian R1T R1S FOREST GREEN R1T Photos 20170525_194709

But my hope is that FG matches the Green/Gold combination of the Seiko Alpinist watch that I own and love how it looks in person,

Rivian R1T R1S FOREST GREEN R1T Photos post_7_10441
Rivian R1T R1S FOREST GREEN R1T Photos g2b6k78dfps21

Sponsored

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
I wish I could see it in person to get a better grasp of the color, all the Rivian colors for that matter. But yeah I agree metallic colors do not photograph very well.

The meteor grey of my Audi, looks so much better in person than in pictures. Which is one of the reason I have been going back and fourth on el Cappe, hoping it would be like the meteor grey.

20170525_194709.jpg

But my hope is that FG matches the Green/Gold combination of the Seiko Alpinist watch that I own and love how it looks in person,

post_7_10441.jpg
g2b6k78dfps21.jpg
Yeah, I'd be ok with that :like: ?

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
My concern with OC is that I've seen more than a few pictures that show it having a more than slight blue hue to it, which I'm not so sure about pairing with green. It's possible that it's just bad photos/lighting, but ?‍♂
I think at least some of that is white balance issues when taking pictures inside a car with tinted windows. The glass clearly has a blue-green tint, which would affect the color of light getting into the car. That won't show itself the same to human eyes as it does to a camera sensor. We'll know better when we can see color samples in person.

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
I think at least some of that is white balance issues when taking pictures inside a car with tinted windows. The glass clearly has a blue-green tint, which would affect the color of light getting into the car. That won't show itself the same to human eyes as it does to a camera sensor. We'll know better when we can see color samples in person.
I was actually specifically referring to the picture below, which I first saw in the thread about the CMF Display Table they had set up at the customer drive event. This is not inside a vehicle, but in their well lit service area, which a multitude of colors in frame which should lend towards a neutral color balance. Check the OC Swatch in the bottom right.

Rivian R1T R1S FOREST GREEN R1T Photos 1631890983772

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large

post_7_10441.jpg
g2b6k78dfps21.jpg
I'm not a classic watch guy. Never will be. Would drive me crazy.

That's one hell of a sexy watch.

Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I was actually specifically referring to the picture below, which I first saw in the thread about the CMF Display Table they had set up at the customer drive event. This is not inside a vehicle, but in their well lit service area, which a multitude of colors in frame which should lend towards a neutral color balance. Check the OC Swatch in the bottom right.

1631890983772.png
yeah that picture makes it look way to blue to match with the FG exterior. Hmmmm. Maybe back to LA Silver or El Cap for me
Sponsored