FOREST GREEN R1T Photos

Karen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
64c.impala, 75mgb, 93D.Dakota, 00Jeep,14 QX70,22R1
Clubs

Love my new R1T

After being disappointed that my delivery date was postponed from July/Sept to Sept/Oct., I decided to go on vacation. On a Monday, the day before I was leaving I received the email to start my 8 steps; my truck was going into production, I should receive it in 2-3 weeks. Oh, my! Good thing I started the process at home that day. Lots of scanning in paperwork and phone calls. I finally find out who my guide is because I was having an issue with the insurance step. You need to prove you have insurance for the truck before you even have a delivery date and I cannot put it on my insurance unless I have a delivery date. If I give a fictitious date to my insurance company, then when I get the exact date, the contract would have to be cancelled and rewritten. Finally had to get my guide in contact with my insurance agent to straighten all that out. Payment was relatively easy. My bank was on the ‘list’ thankfully so I did not have to wire the payment. It would not take a savings account number, you can only use a checking account. Then I get an email from my guide, well, she wants to have it delivered the following week sometime Monday thru Wednesday. Well, I won’t be home from my trip! Yikes! So I offer that Friday, yay, that day worked.

My truck came from Brooklyn. I even get a call from the driver that he can arrive earlier that day. How exciting to see it roll off the back of the flatbed, I was so in awe that I forgot to take pictures of it on or rolling off. Bummer. I did have neighbors looking on.

I am so glad I waited for the Forest Green with Forest Edge interior. The pictures just don’t do the Forest Edge justice. With all the colors inside, they blend so well together. The Forest Green also does not show up well in pictures either. In the sun it is an awesome green with the metallic sparkle. In the shade it is a dark forest green with a bit of sparkle. Could also look black at times. A real chameleon.

Everything looked great on delivery. The only thing is one of the lights are out in the gear tunnel and we have to wait for our full spare tire kit to be delivered.

Also, if you do not close the spare tire cover down well, when you try to close the lift gate, the rollers get caught. It is a challenge to close the cover well to get both latches on either side to seat at the same time.

It is also a challenge to get up into the bed since there is no bumper to step onto. Will have to get used to opening the gear tunnel and stepping in from there. Note to self, put hand broom in gear tunnel to brush off door after stepping on it with muddy shoes.

I remember looking at the video a couple of weeks ago where the couple took apart the interior and talked about all the faux paus. Yes, the stitching is not ‘perfect’ either is the spacing. I sew, so I know what to look for as well. But if you don’t know to look for it, you would never see it.

Having it a week, I have to say we have no issues! I love driving it around. Much to get used to the regenerative breaking (one pedal driving) especially backing up.

Still have lots to learn. Did not use Driver+ app. Though when driving and getting close to white line, it beeps at you…sometimes. Sometimes you don’t have to be near it and it beeps at you. It seems not to see the yellow line. Also, the ‘rumble bumps’ in the road it tends to beep at us. Be careful attempting to pass someone who is stepping on the break and turning right, as I accelerated, I got a loud noise and in a big read swath across the driver’s screen it said to break. I’m not sure if I made the truck slow down or if the truck was automatically stopping.

Charging was not a problem (did both fast and slow), though, not all charging stations are on the Rivian GPS. So, there is no way to tell the battery to prepare to charge without picking the charging station on the map. That means it takes longer to charge. We had issues with the ElectrifyAmerica.com app whether or not the chargers were available. So we could not use our account and had to pay as guests.

The radio is interesting. Though for some reason the stations drop off or I lose the radio connection altogether. I would have thought since it is internet it would not be as sensitive. Not sure how to ‘turn the radio off’ when exiting the truck. We just put it on Spotify so not to draw unnecessary electricity.

I love, love, love the section under the screen for my pocketbook! It keeps it close without rolling around on the floor or flying off the passenger seat and spilling out on the floor. Love it!

I am truly disappointed that I cannot do ‘tank turns’! One of the major selling points.

I got the automatic Tourneau cover. Love it. So far it’s working well.

The back seat is very spacious. Has storage under the seats. Can put umbrellas in there. The arm rest is comfortable, has a place for 2 drinks and a very thin storage bin, possibly to hold either a Gameboy or a pack of gum. The entry into the gear tunnel there has a roll top door. Very nice. Could use a light to go on when you open the roll top door to see when you can grab.

There are 2 usb-c ports in the arm rest bin and one on each of the front seat head rest backs. There are no regular usb ports. Had to order some converters from Amazon. Otherwise could not charge my Google phone anywhere in the truck. The charging bed does not charge my Google phone.

I have not used the air compressor or the gear guard cable yet. Will try those out this weekend. The bed is too short to hold our bikes. Have to leave the back gate down to carry them.

Not sure if I’m a fan of the cooling seats. Have not tried or figured out how to put the heated steering wheel on. Also, if that can be turned on before you enter the truck.

I like that you can move the steering wheel column forward and back and up and down. Especially since the petals are so far away. I am only 5’4” and don’t like to be right on top of the steering wheel. If only the petals can move as well. We had that in my ’97 Dodge minivan. It was great.

There are a few things I can suggest:

A touch screen that is finger print proof. Especially with the light reflecting off of it, you can see how dirty it is and have trouble reading it while driving.

The driver’s side view mirror arm is so glossy that it reflects things off of it and is very distracting when driving.

I was really nervous about getting the truck, I am 5’4”. My daughter has the launch edition and I have trouble even getting in at the lowest height. I have the Adventure package. I can easily get in on the lowest level. I can get by with the ‘low’ level, but the ‘standard’ level is a challenge. Would love to see on the app that the car could lower when you approach to enter the truck if it is in your profile.

Would love to be able to connect to my SiriusXM or I Heart Radio accounts on the music app. Why is Spotify and not the others?

Would love to be able to change the fonts on the screen, especially the top tag where the time and temperature are.

Love the net in the frunk. Would like to see more hooks/net areas so when putting groceries in they don’t roll around.

I would like to have the arm rest opening in the other direction, so, you can open one side or the other. Or just have one door and have it swing back. Also would like to have a bin to have the interior of the bin more organized. So can put paper work on the bottom out of the way since there is no glove box to put important papers.

A light in the gear tunnel to go on when opening the roll top door from the back seat.

Oh, and why only Alexa? What about Google, Bixby, Siri?

That’s my 2cents.

Rivian R1T R1S FOREST GREEN R1T Photos Rivian_first day_07_22_22

Rivian R1T R1S FOREST GREEN R1T Photos PXL_20220722_161634502

Rivian R1T R1S FOREST GREEN R1T Photos PXL_20220722_161651710

Rivian R1T R1S FOREST GREEN R1T Photos PXL_20220725_190530028

Rivian R1T R1S FOREST GREEN R1T Photos PXL_20220725_190556775

Rivian R1T R1S FOREST GREEN R1T Photos PXL_20220725_190608289

Rivian R1T R1S FOREST GREEN R1T Photos PXL_20220725_190635279

Rivian R1T R1S FOREST GREEN R1T Photos PXL_20220725_190712064

Rivian R1T R1S FOREST GREEN R1T Photos PXL_20220725_190735583

Rivian R1T R1S FOREST GREEN R1T Photos PXL_20220725_190849034
Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Congrats @Karen....

I didn't think green on green would look good, but you proved me wrong. That FE interior looks great!!!

Honorz

First Name
Anu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MY, 2018 Q7 , 2015 Q5 TDI,
After hunting for a while, I finally found a video of matte FG that wasn't actually LG. Already flipped my color back to FG.
Enjoy!

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

After hunting for a while, I finally found a video of matte FG that wasn't actually LG. Already flipped my color back to FG.
Enjoy!
Hhhhhnnnnggghhhgggghhhhh

Sponsored

Flexnet

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sold 9/08/22 - 15 Ford F-150 Platinum FX4 off-road
Occupation
Project Manager

Honorz

First Name
Anu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MY, 2018 Q7 , 2015 Q5 TDI,
Nice find....but not as great as shiny green....
I think it is funny that the color representations on the rivian website when configuring the R1 is more accurate for the matte color, than the metal flake.

GangWarily

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Software Engineer
Not sure if its the same person but saw these photos of FG in Stealth on Reddit

I think I'm gonna go back to Ultimate 😅

Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Last edited:

dazdanq

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Adventure; Subaru Impreza 2018
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Completed a road trip from San Diego -> Inyo National Forest -> San Francisco -> Big Sur -> San Diego. Went camping out for the Inyo National Forest and Big Sur legs.
Rivian R1T R1S FOREST GREEN R1T Photos PXL_20220723_133729988

Rivian R1T R1S FOREST GREEN R1T Photos PXL_20220726_125846238

Rivian R1T R1S FOREST GREEN R1T Photos PXL_20220726_015816723

With enough dirt, Forest green can look like launch green.
Rivian R1T R1S FOREST GREEN R1T Photos PXL_20220726_212024986
Sponsored