Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Tundra/'18 Audi S6/'19 Rubicon/'22 R1T
Rivian R1T R1S FOREST GREEN R1T Photos 20220907_123843
Rivian R1T R1S FOREST GREEN R1T Photos 20220907_123916
Rivian R1T R1S FOREST GREEN R1T Photos 20220907_123828
About as clean as she'll ever be in my possession. And, yes, the Forest Edge interior has FAR exceeded my expectations. Other than the 21"ers, that was my my biggest hesitation on pulling the trigger on this shop option. No regrets on either.​
I saw 5 other Rivians in about 1.5 hrs driving around SLC today! 3 Glacier Whites, a Limestone, and a Launch Green. We all gave each other the brights and thumbs up! Waiting to see my first R1S.​
I need to watch more closely when exiting, but looking at these pics, methinks the "kneel" mode is being implemented in recent OTAs. ("All Purpose" in these pics.) 🤔

Last edited:

VermontR1T

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
She‘s here! What a gorgeous truck in person. Love the Forest Edge interior.

Delivery experience was exceptional and I cannot find anything wrong with her yet (knocks on wood). My only gripe is that the steering wheel is ever so slightly off center in a straight line and for some reason, this has always been a pet peeve of mine in every car I have every owned.

Wall charger installed hours before delivery and working great too.

Rivian R1T R1S FOREST GREEN R1T Photos IMG_1285

Last edited:

Sponsored

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

That's a lot of green!

tmmcgee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner; Mustang GT; M3; Grand Cherokee, R1T
20220907_123843.jpg
20220907_123916.jpg
20220907_123828.jpg
About as clean as she'll ever be in my possession. And, yes, the Forest Edge interior has FAR exceeded my expectations. Other than the 21"ers, that was my my biggest hesitation on pulling the trigger on this shop option. No regrets on either.​
I saw 5 other Rivians in about 1.5 hrs driving around SLC today! 3 Glacier Whites, a Limestone, and a Launch Green. We all gave each other the brights and thumbs up! Waiting to see my first R1S.​
I need to watch more closely when exiting, but looking at these pics, methinks the "kneel" mode is being implemented in recent OTAs. ("All Purpose" in these pics.) 🤔
I can't wait until my FG/FE can join the SLC Rivian crew. Should be any day now.

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Tundra/'18 Audi S6/'19 Rubicon/'22 R1T
I can't wait until my FG/FE can join the SLC Rivian crew. Should be any day now.
Right on man! It's a good crew to be in.

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
My fg/fe double mint. Does everyone have lots of orange peel in their paint? I didn't notice on mine till it was in the shade. But it's all over.

Rivian R1T R1S FOREST GREEN R1T Photos 20220816_093735

Sponsored

EVerywhere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C8 Corvette, Cayenne, Mk8 GTI, KTM 350-XCFW
Occupation
Technology
Clubs

After much waiting, and a false alert where tragically my assigned VIN (102xx) was sent several states away, I finally picked up my second assigned VIN (108xx) R1T from the Michigan SC (which was the original Rivian HQ) yesterday. Truck has 72 miles at delivery, so clearly was used for something, or something needed fixing/road testing at the factory. Here are a few photos, and some initial observations.

Rivian R1T R1S FOREST GREEN R1T Photos 20220913_234943657_iOS

The R1T replaces a Cayenne Diesel as my DD. Despite much marketing hype, it turned out that my Cayenne Diesel was green in color only. Although, with the Malone tune it has over 500 ft lbs and gets 33-34 mpg on a run.

Rivian R1T R1S FOREST GREEN R1T Photos 20220913_182228758_iOS

For the first couple of hours I was a little disappointed with the fit and finish on the R1T. I was comparing it to the Cayenne which has a ton of not cheap leather/interior options. Then I settled into the knowledge that these are different types of vehicles, with somewhat different use-cases, and for a truck the fit and finish, panel gaps, NVH are very good and way better than any of the direct competition. I'm already hooked on the instant torque of the R1T.

I had to reboot the IVI system 10 minutes into ownership to login to Alexa (I love this forum). Initially Alexa seemed quite helpful, but she is now mostly uncooperative: complaining of connection errors, not understanding the question/command (how difficult is "navigate to Target"?), or being otherwise MIA. I like the big screen, and the nav system seems to have little difficulty if I use the virtual keyboard rather than voice. I miss CarPlay already, having to pick up my phone to call people (Alexa gets it right about 30% of the time) or change what I'm listening to. I'm hoping that the monthly OTA updates continue to add useful functionality and smooth off the rough edges. As a motorcycle rider I was surprised to see the minivan in front of me identified as a motorcycle, I guess everything is putting weight on these days. On the subject of weight, the R1T is truly remarkable in its ability to disguise its 7+k weight.

Rivian R1T R1S FOREST GREEN R1T Photos 20220913_205858207_iOS

With all the talk of phantom drain, I decided to leave the R1T unlocked in my garage without charging it to see what happened to %charge overnight. Not a long test, but I can live with 1% in nearly 12 hours, much better than some of the horror stories that I read.
Rivian R1T R1S FOREST GREEN R1T Photos Phantom Drain

With regen on high I did not need to use the friction brakes yesterday, which promoted me to take a look at the discs this morning and conclude that they needed bedding-in. So with regen on standard I did a bunch of 55-10 mph braking progressing gentle to threshold to transfer pad material to the discs followed by a long cooldown (which is easier with regen braking). Much better stopping power and no grinding on friction braking. If any owners have not done this it is a safety must. Its difficult to see the slight bluish tint to the discs with pad material transferred.
Rivian R1T R1S FOREST GREEN R1T Photos Bed-I

I eased my anxiety of dropping from 700 miles/tank range to <300/charge with every adapter I thought might be useful: Tesla-J1772, NEMA 14-30P and 10-30P to 14-50 adapters, and a 20' 40A J1772 extension. I decided that storing them under the rear seat would mean that they were easily accessible when the frunk is full, and that the copper would be pliable in very cold weather. Great plan, apart from the banging every time I go over a bump. I've ordered a couple of bags from Amazon which will fit alongside the Rivian charge bag and hopefully fix the issue.

Rivian R1T R1S FOREST GREEN R1T Photos Cable storage

Overall paint quality is not quite up to Porsche standards, but is certainly a match for the paint on my C8 Corvette (painted in a new $500M paint shop). I'm going to run over it with a random orbital using Menzerna SI polish, which I've had great results with on other cars (its designed to level new car clearcoat). I'm going to be gentle, but it should take out much of the optical waviness in the clear coat before I get the front end PPF'd next week.

And finally, for my granola-munching brethren: I see your store bought granola, and raise you home made granola!
Rivian R1T R1S FOREST GREEN R1T Photos Granola

SRTConvert

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lincoln Navigator L
Since placing my order in June 2019, I've gone from LA Silver / Black Mountain to Red Canyon / Black Mountain, back to LA Silver / Black Mountain, and now to Forest Green / Forest Edge.

I have a black Model S with Stealth Xpel, so I'm not looking for a black or dark gray truck. LA Silver seemed like a good contrast and a color I haven't had on a vehicle I owned. The problem is the R1T, to my eyes, is much more interesting in red, blue, yellow or green. Compass Yellow is too attention grabbing and the Rivian Blue is tempting -- but not dark or bright enough for my taste.

That leaves the Christmas Colors. What pushed me to Forest Green is the Forest Edge option. I can't see Red Canyon / Forest Edge. The wood trim in the Forest Edge really appeals to me. Why hide the trim in the dark gray / black finish?

Forest Green seems right for an Adventure vehicle and looks great in most lights.

I've seen on in person under parking lot lights and outside on a cloudy day and was impressed.

I'll keep looking at photos and in person when I get the chance.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

She‘s here! What a gorgeous truck in person. Love the Forest Edge interior.

Delivery experience was exceptional and I cannot find anything wrong with her yet (knocks on wood). My only gripe is that the steering wheel is ever so slightly off center in a straight line and for some reason, this has always been a pet peeve of mine in every car I have every owned.

Wall charger installed hours before delivery and working great too.

IMG_1285.jpeg
Double Forrest!!!!
Sponsored