Sponsored

FOREST EDGE Rivian Interior Photos

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
I switched from BM to FE after attending the Sonoma event yesterday. There's an LG/FE truck on display and it looks great - I will be getting FG instead of LG, but it was a close call, and both will work fine with FE. I'd only worry about blue or red potentially clashing with FE interior.
Sponsored

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

I switched from BM to FE after attending the Sonoma event yesterday. There's an LG/FE truck on display and it looks great - I will be getting FG instead of LG, but it was a close call, and both will work fine with FE. I'd only worry about blue or red potentially clashing with FE interior.
Thanks for the feedback. I changed mine from LG/BM to LG/FE a couple of weeks ago. Glad to know it won't be too much green!

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Wish they kept the steering wheel two tone. Ive seen it gray/green in other pix
The airbag cover should still match the seats, it's just not clearly shown from the angle of this photo.

Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
The airbag cover should still match the seats, it's just not clearly shown from the angle of this photo.
i mean the steering wheel itself. Some of the random banner pix on here show a two tone steering wheel rim.

Here‘s a pic from the banner:

Rivian R1T R1S FOREST EDGE Rivian Interior Photos AD2A848F-6B85-4BAB-9300-55A3335DF58E

Last edited:

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

i mean the steering wheel itself. Some of the random banner pix on here show a two tone steering while rim.

Here‘s a pic from the banner:

AD2A848F-6B85-4BAB-9300-55A3335DF58E.jpeg
You'll often see that on show cars, but it generally doesn't make it to production on account of it being such a high touch point item that any color other than black is going to look dirty and not wear well. The Mach E was the same way.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
You'll often see that on show cars, but it generally doesn't make it to production on account of it being such a high touch point item that any color other than black is going to look dirty and not wear well. The Mach E was the same way.
‘Yes, agreed. But if Hyundai/Genesis can do it on an SUV that starts at $50k (GV80), would have been good if Rivian had as well. Apparently they tried in the show car, but the bean counters won ☹

Rivian R1T R1S FOREST EDGE Rivian Interior Photos 9A77EA4D-E19C-4090-90F2-A65FAB2717F9

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, Acura TLX, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I would upgrade to the adventure package if they let me order black interior with the FE wood. It’s a shame more customizations aren’t allowed, especially considering it could be profitable…..

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Has anyone seen Forest Edge in a delivered production vehicle yet? FE is what has my delivery set a month or two back from others in my area. Me thinks their FE supplier isn't coming through...

Sponsored

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Has anyone seen Forest Edge in a delivered production vehicle yet? FE is what has my delivery set a month or two back from others in my area. Me thinks their FE supplier isn't coming through...
This is my worry as well. I hope it is just 1 month and not a long term issue.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
This is my worry as well. I hope it is just 1 month and not a long term issue.
Could be. Could also be as simple as they chose to batch up a run of FE orders. We'll never know and it's not something I would worry about.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Could be. Could also be as simple as they chose to batch up a run of FE orders. We'll never know and it's not something I would worry about.
If it extends my delivery into June or July, when I could've had a Black Mountain truck in March or April, yeah I'm going to worry about it. I don't have a car right now, and I'm tired of renting from Enterprise.

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
Ya, I changed from OC to FE…

when you see it live it looks great. I also like the darker wood. The OC or BM wood looks a bit more synthetic to me.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
If it extends my delivery into June or July, when I could've had a Black Mountain truck in March or April, yeah I'm going to worry about it. I don't have a car right now, and I'm tired of renting from Enterprise.
Your earlier post suggested that you already knew that your delivery would be later than others in your area with BM so I was assuming you were ok with that. Your statement about supply issues made it sound like you were more concerned about it pushing out even further. Since you're in a rental car until you get your Rivian, I would recommend contacting Rivian and asking if changing to BM might pull your delivery date in (if you haven't already). That's a long shot though, seems more likely any config change at this point would either not impact delivery at all or delay it further. Rivian has been giving some early pre-order holders an option to reconfigure (pack, wheels) to pull their deliveries in a bit and I don't recall FE coming up in this context before so perhaps that's a sign that it's more a build sequencing issue and not a supplier issue.
Sponsored