Sponsored

Ford & Rivian - Motortrend article on the relationship & future plans

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Great article.

Rivian-powered Bronco EV, please! (broken record)
Now, THAT Bronco would work! I'll bet R2 or R3 gives us something similar to the Bronco.

I love this article, but it is funny that, in the 38 pictures included with it, we get the now-tossed tailgate, but not one Launch Green viewing (another broken record). Whoever's running this campaign probably tore the wings off of houseflies as a kid.

"I can't take it anymore" :eek:

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
Bronco seems unlikely. Rivian would be competing with themselves. Explorer seems like a pretty good bet.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Occupation
health care
The article doesn't mention that Ford assisted Rivian with the build process of vehicles. Several Ford executives have stated in the past that Rivian has a lot on their plate now and adding the Lincoln project would just be too much now. Ford currently uses "pouch" battery cells while Rivian is going the cylinder format making sharing of battery packs an issue. Ford also has an investment in solid state battery via Solid Power Ford invests in 'breakthrough' solid-state battery startup already backed by BMW and Hyundai - Electrek Colorado company makes progress toward the "holy grail" of electric transportation (denverpost.com)
Sponsored