Sponsored

Ford Mach E 1400 HP, 7 motors and a 57kWh battery pack but it looks fun....

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT

CappyJax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
The battery would last 3.2 minutes at full power. Actually, probably less than that, because you would need a massive cooling system using energy to keep the batteries from igniting. LOL

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
That would be a wild ride, no doubt.

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
When I saw this news feed earlier today, I thought of nothing else but what the Rally Rivian could be and, best of all, it won't be a one-off like the Ford, but a true rally beast and a not bad, on-pavement performer.

I know a number of folks on the forum are just waiting until preorders are open. And as a compact R1S, it should sell surprisingly well since CUVs, compact utility vehicles, are the hottest selling segment in the country at present.

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
Having cancelled both my Mach E and Bronco reservations today, I'm keen to give Rivian money for a rally car to go along with the truck.

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Having cancelled both my Mach E and Bronco reservations today, I'm keen to give Rivian money for a rally car to go along with the truck.
Why did you already cancel the Bronco? Just curious...

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
Why did you already cancel the Bronco? Just curious...
I don't like it when companies sell me a "limited edition" product (the First Edition Bronco 2021) with the elevated pricing encompassing that supposed availability and they actually sell twice as many as they stated they would before the sale, and then tell you about it afterwards - approaching fraud in my opinion, but since it's a refundable deposit it's probably legal - just scammy, and I don't want to deal with it or them if I don't have to.

As for the Mach E (a car intended to replace my wife's i3s when it comes off lease), I was already on the fence about it because of the terrible "Ford Options" (their variation on leasing) pricing their calculator gave me - it was nearly three times as much as my i3s lease (about the same MSRP, I paid the lease all up front, saving a little more). Either BMW took a serious bath (possible), or Ford expects very poor residuals (also possible). With their decision about inflating the Bronco availability already leaving a very sour taste, I decided to cancel both and look for companies that I think will be more honest.

I'll have to find something else for my wife, probably electric - she's quite sure that she wouldn't like the size of the R1S or R1T (which is for me). Right now I'm thinking of buying the i3s outright - range limited, though adequate for her, and pleasant to drive.

Last edited:

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
I've never been a fan of destroying tires, but maybe I just don't know what fun is.