Sponsored

Ford launching 'Charge Angels' - To evaluate and fix broken chargers.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
And it's a big ass battery that has an 800v architecture. That's part of the reason I've been so pointed about being borderline disappointed by the rumored R1T curve. The R1T only pulling 145kw at like 50% charge is very conservative, and I hope is a software decision by them to learn more after production than a hardware limitation.

That's pretty nuts. A couple of notes:
1. Don't trust the "vehicle requested" value blindly. I've seen it wrong several times. I'm sure they'll fix it (and maybe they have), but it hasn't been reliable so far.
2. How is it at 140kW, when it's taken 45 minutes to charge 99kwh. The rate increased at a higher SOC?
3. I think thas a ~200kwh bummer, which matches with 99kwh after 50% charged.
That particular Hummer only had a 165kWh battery (300 mile range version). It is 60% to add 100kWh. I suspect it may have also been charging at 400V, since it was one of the early prototypes, not one of the preproduction Hummers.
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
That particular Hummer only had a 165kWh battery (300 mile range version). It is 60% to add 100kWh. I suspect it may have also been charging at 400V, since it was one of the early prototypes, not one of the preproduction Hummers.
Good catch. I botched my math for the 60% obviously (did 80-30 instead of 90-30). That's even more crazy with the 140kw at 90%.

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
I'd happily sign up to send reports to the Angels. The EA Charger by us was broken the other day when we tried to charge the ID.4. First one thinks it's still connected and is idling (someone is going to be unhappy with that idle bill) and the other one the app couldn't connect but the NFC feature of their in phone card (iOS at least) triggered it enough to charge.

I'd just like a simple 'report an issue' button not 'call us and sit on hold'
Sponsored