Occupation
Actuary

Cavalryscout18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Who?

Haha, jk. I didnā€™t even know adt was still around. Kind of like seeing a Kmart. And now Ford is partnering with them. No wonder their software is patchy. They donā€™t keep its development in-house.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I like gear guard, but I like the idea of catching people damaging or breaking into your vehicle in real time even better.
https://www.fool.com/investing/2022/01/18/ford-just-launched-a-start-up-thats-significant/
I like it, so long as it works as advertised. It'll be interesting to see the limitations of location. I'm sure in cellular-rich environs, it'll work as well as their home/commercial services do. But, if I'm out in the backwoods in my R1T, and then hike some distance away, can they still monitor it and respond or contact me should they even be able to detect trouble?

Of course, the full services and subscription details would be nice to know. I already know I'm not jumping back into bed with the Motley Fool again. I still feel icky and violated over that recently-ended relationship.

OP
OP
Longhorngirl

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
I like it, so long as it works as advertised. It'll be interesting to see the limitations of location. I'm sure in cellular-rich environs, it'll work as well as their home/commercial services do. But, if I'm out in the backwoods in my R1T, and then hike some distance away, can they still monitor it and respond or contact me should they even be able to detect trouble?

Of course, the full services and subscription details would be nice to know. I already know I'm not jumping back into bed with the Motley Fool again. I still feel icky and violated over that recently-ended relationship.
I would hope if you are out in the woods, the camera system could still be monitored. In the backwoods, you have to worry about bears opening your car door and climbing inside.

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
Who?

Haha, jk. I didnā€™t even know adt was still around. Kind of like seeing a Kmart. And now Ford is partnering with them. No wonder their software is patchy. They donā€™t keep its development in-house.
Still using chips and software from 2012ā€¦ lol ?

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I would hope if you are out in the woods, the camera system could still be monitored. In the backwoods, you have to worry about bears opening your car door and climbing inside.
I'm with you! I'd hope that system would work everywhere, either in the outback, or in my garage.

I love how nonchalant and well-trained that bear is. Right to the (seemingly unlocked?) door handle and, Bingo! Meals-on-Wheels is open for business!

I'm not sure an auto-alarm would help should someone yank on a locked door handle, and it might not dissuade a bear, but I'd love all the protection we can get.

Cool video! Thanks for sharing it, and its implicit reminder to lock your doors! ???

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Will this work like a monitored alarm system in a building, where theyā€™ll call you when youā€™re 2000 miles away to tell you the alarmā€˜s gone off?

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Will this work like a monitored alarm system in a building, where theyā€™ll call you when youā€™re 2000 miles away to tell you the alarmā€˜s gone off?
I'm guessing we'd have to be hiking or biking pretty fast to get that far away, but I think you're right.

"Sir? You're vehicle has had all its windows broken and is on fire now at the Portland Airport.....I'm sorry, sir. No, I didn't know it's 3:30 A.M. in Bangkok, sir. On a cheerier note, it was a mostly-peaceful protest." ?

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Who?

I mean itā€™s still the top home security monitoring company lol
Sponsored