First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
How can they do this without first taking a poll of their customers happiness/ mood/ blood pH/ astrology cycles? It’s unheard of!

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

It's not looking good for the Cybertruck.

Indy avocado

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, '17 Macan S, '11 Mustang GT
The better comparison is the R1T Dual Motor - similar range, power, efficiency, but a way more adaptable suspension and the inclusion of the gear tunnel. Starts around $75k edit: $80k, right in line with the "standard range" lariat. I still think the R1T is a great "value" in the EV space, even if it is very expensive.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

A much smaller increase this time and exactly what Rivian will be doing as they fill post February 2022 orders. Dynamic pricing makes sense and is needed for Rivian to make money.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
The better comparison is the R1T Dual Motor - similar range, power, efficiency, but a way more adaptable suspension and the inclusion of the gear tunnel. Starts around $75k, right in line with the "standard range" lariat. I still think the R1T is a great "value" in the EV space, even if it is very expensive.
Pros and cons I can see a argument for each

Rivian:
More range, better tech, better UI (arguably but then missing CarPlay android auto), more storage, better looking (IMO), more daily due to smaller size, more luxury car interior.

Ford:
Simpler likely more reliable suspension system, CarPlay / android auto, larger bed, more electrical outlets in bed and frunk, much larger dealership and service network, much easier to get parts for repairs if not related to electrical system.

I kept the list short, missing a lot of others, but point being both good options for their use cases.

OP
OP

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY

Rivian:
More range, better tech, better UI (arguably but then missing CarPlay android auto), more storage, better looking (IMO), more daily due to smaller size, more luxury car interior.

Ford:
Simpler likely more reliable suspension system, CarPlay / android auto, larger bed, more electrical outlets in bed and frunk, much larger dealership and service network, much easier to get parts for repairs if not related to electrical system.

I kept the list short, missing a lot of others, but point being both good options for their use cases.
Ford CarPlay/AA is a long term disadvantage to me. Emblematic of a poor software team that prefers to outsource. Dealer network for service is good, but for sales sucks

Sponsored

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Ford continues to shoot themselves in the foot. F150 Lightning is a good truck, but they are way overpricing it. F150 Lariat ER should be $79,999 so it qualifies for the tax credit. Ford is either ignorant or someone is purposely trying to sabotage their EV sales.

allisgoodman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
What if Tesla keeps dropping the price on Model X? Could it force Rivian to drop its price on R1S?

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

A much smaller increase this time and exactly what Rivian will be doing as they fill post February 2022 orders. Dynamic pricing makes sense and is needed for Rivian to make money.
Prices are locked until the reservations that started sometime in late May 2022. March-Early May pricing is higher but it's still locked.

Indy avocado

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, '17 Macan S, '11 Mustang GT

Rivian:

Ford:

I’m sure I’m missing a lot of others, but point being both good options for their use cases.
Totally agree. If I was doing "work" with my truck every day, and/or I was coming from an F150, the lightning is more attractive. But as-is, it's $2k more ($81k) for the same range in the lowest trim, and I think when you compare driving/luxury features, you get way more for your money in the Rivian.

It is nice that Ford includes the charging station with their higher trim trucks... but I also like the flexibility of that being optional.

OP
OP

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
What if Tesla keeps dropping the price on Model X? Could it force Rivian to drop its price on R1S?
No one wants a Model X. Broad appeal for Teslas have fallen. They can try to sell their cars as commodities, but many others can thrive without participating in price war. People have no problem paying premium for brand value. Bottled water sells for 200%+ more just because of a label.
Sponsored