Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster

DeafPug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Response is a simple two steps:

https://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/f150-lightning/2022/reservation-information/
Can Customers update their dealer selection for their reservation?
Customers may reach out to Ford Customer Support at (800) 334-4375, hours of operation is M-F 8AM - 8PM EST, for assistance in updating their dealer selection. In changing dealers, there will be no impact to a customer's reservation ID, vehicle details, or the associated timestamp.​

Once your reservation has been moved, call the original dealer and let them know that you've moved your reservation to their competition because you refuse to pay a market adjustment.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

This article just came across my news feed:
Ford dealers nearly doubling price of F-150 Lightning with ‘market adjustments’

That's gonna leave a mark.
I'm so glad that the various State Automobile Dealership Associations are reinvesting so much of their hard-earned money in people that support their cause of protecting consumers. They apparently help us by insuring the dealership model survives. Frequently, I find myself buying cars and trucks for no good reason, other than the joyful experience of getting to spend an entire day hearing the pros of investing $1,499 to have some miraculous spray applied to the seating surfaces of my new car.

It galls me every time I think of an unscrupulous manufacturer sending out vehicles with seats that apparently will fade within a year or two, should I stupidly neglect to have them properly treated before leaving the lot. And don't forget the carpets! This one dealer likes me so much, this last time they threw in that service for only an extra $899! Thank goodness we have these Saints living amongst us.

I feel so much better knowing that I have local dealerships protecting me. They must all really like me, because they always tell me "You just got the best deal anyone at that dealership can ever remember!". So I've got that going for me, which is nice.

pinolero

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
MYP, TLX
From another board, seems like that's their M.O.

Mudpie said:
Stay away from Koons Ford, Falls Church, VA or any of their locations; in my opinion. We found a Bronco Sport First Edition and drove 1.5 hours to test drive and buy it. We spoke to the dealership several times and asked about the price. No one gave a straight answer. First we were told MSRP ($39,995), then we were told $47,000, and finally today after the test drive, sitting with the salesman - he says "There is a premium on this car" "$15,000 over MSRP. I said that I am using X Plan. He gets his manager who said " No X Plan, No MSRP, $15,000 over if you want it." My wife and I are both senior citizens, we got up and left. Ford corporate will be hearing from us...like they care LOL.

Koons Ford
1051 E Broad St, Falls Church, VA 22044

Sponsored

FutureTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Pre Order 10/2021, Delivered 8/2022
You can move your reservation to a dealer that charges MSRP or less. The problem with that is that tons are doing that, which loads these small dealers (that don't tack on a mark-up) with reservations. Ford won't allocate that many vehicles to the smaller dealers. They allocate them to the larger dealers which do the mark-up. The small dealers are now coming out and saying, we will give you a deal, and you can transfer to us, but it could be years before we can fulfill your order.

It happened on the Bronco. The small dealers willing to sell at MSRP or less got loaded with tons of people transferring reservations to them. People complained on twitter to Mike Levine. He told them all to F*&^ off.

Rivian R1T R1S Ford dealers nearly doubling price of F-150 Lightning with ‘market adjustments’ Screen Shot 2021-12-28 at 10.19.28 PM

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

From another board, seems like that's their M.O.

Mudpie said:
Stay away from Koons Ford, Falls Church, VA or any of their locations; in my opinion. We found a Bronco Sport First Edition and drove 1.5 hours to test drive and buy it. We spoke to the dealership several times and asked about the price. No one gave a straight answer. First we were told MSRP ($39,995), then we were told $47,000, and finally today after the test drive, sitting with the salesman - he says "There is a premium on this car" "$15,000 over MSRP. I said that I am using X Plan. He gets his manager who said " No X Plan, No MSRP, $15,000 over if you want it." My wife and I are both senior citizens, we got up and left. Ford corporate will be hearing from us...like they care LOL.

Koons Ford
1051 E Broad St, Falls Church, VA 22044
On the bright side, maybe they'll throw in the carpet protection for under the $1,499 that my F××× dealer originally charged. (Sorry, but out of politeness, I didn't want to name names) ?

dano9258

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Tesla Model 3 SR+, 18' Tesla Model 3 LR
Well, their loss then. That's why Rivian has the better option for pickups!

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
To be fair to Ford, being on the "dealer train" prohibits them from doing anything to influence or manipulate dealer pricing (can you say "anti-competitive" or "Robinson Patman Act"?). At least that's what my old training from IBM had to say about the dealer channel.

Just one, of the probably many, legacy issues Ford and other "traditional" manufacturers will have to deal with. Putting them at a significant disadvantage. The Dealer Association lobby will fight them all the way down, but over time, this stone will be ground down (IMHO).

Bigeasy70075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Tundra, Wrangler
Ford is screwing the Pooch with the lightning launch. They have set the rules to allow dealerships to do a bunch of nasty things to customers. Allowing dealers to let up to 25 people jump the reservation line (often at a price between $5k-30K). They have locked your reservation to the current reservation dealership already so not able to find a better dealer without losing your place in line, and allowing dealers to price gouge customers with "Market Adjustments"

FORD WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP

Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
I got an email from my assigned dealer (Larry Miller Ford in Salt Lake City) saying they did not get any wave 1 or 2 allocations, but they were not going to be adding any dealer markups or adjustments for preorder holders who complete their orders online. I’ve got a May-June R1T delivery window, so I fully expect to either cancel my Lightning reservation or work a deal with the dealer so they can get the truck and sell it on their lot (*with* a markup since they won’t be selling it to a preorder holder).

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
I got an email from my assigned dealer (Larry Miller Ford in Salt Lake City) saying they did not get any wave 1 or 2 allocations, but they were not going to be adding any dealer markups or adjustments for preorder holders who complete their orders online. I’ve got a May-June R1T delivery window, so I fully expect to either cancel my Lightning reservation or work a deal with the dealer so they can get the truck and sell it on their lot (*with* a markup since they won’t be selling it to a preorder holder).
This deal you speak of, does it involve any love for you from the dealer?

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
The ford dealer near me is offering a discount if ordered online from ford.com. Must be different per dealer, some good, some bad

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I am no fan of Elon Musk, but the one thing I give him HUGE props for is finally putting a crack in that whole dealer sales model. And I hope the other direct sales manufacturers that come after can break it open even more. The state and national Dealer associations are ”protecting consumers” like a fox protects a henhouse.

We will never be rid of dealers entirely, but if enough consumers have access to a Rivian or Tesla or Lucid or Polestar that does not constantly try to bait/ switch and f**k them over, the dealers and manufacturers will be forced to change their behavior to get those customers back.

One thing I have never been able to figure out though: Does Ford have the ability to redirect allocation to the better behaving dealers or are they locked into some agreement with the highest “performers” to supply specific numbers of certain vehicles? I personally don’t think Ford gives a crap either way.

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
I am no fan of Elon Musk, but the one thing I give him HUGE props for is finally putting a crack in that whole dealer sales model. And I hope the other direct sales manufacturers that come after can break it open even more. The state and national Dealer associations are ”protecting consumers” like a fox protects a henhouse.

We will never be rid of dealers entirely, but if enough consumers have access to a Rivian or Tesla or Lucid or Polestar that does not constantly try to bait/ switch and f**k them over, the dealers and manufacturers will be forced to change their behavior to get those customers back.

One thing I have never been able to figure out though: Does Ford have the ability to redirect allocation to the better behaving dealers or are they locked into some agreement with the highest “performers” to supply specific numbers of certain vehicles? I personally don’t think Ford gives a crap either way.
I think you'll see the whole industry move to direct sales in some form. Stellantis already is, in what they are referring to something like an agency model. You buy direct from them online, then the local dealers are there for delivery and post-sale customer service. I think they still get a commission cut of the sale, but they aren't necessarily involved in the actual sales process. Perhaps they are still there to show you around and test drive before going home to buy online. Perfect scenario actually if it works.
Sponsored