Sponsored

For those of us who opted to stay and go Dual and/or standard battery

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

What are we going to do until 2024? Has anyone looked into cryogenic freezing and reanimation?

But seriously, I am sad that I'll probably have to wait another 18 months for a Rivian but hopefully they will have more events etc to keep up engagement until then.

Anyone now in a situation of needing a placeholder car? If so, what are you looking at?
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf (2016), Mustang Mach E (2021)
I've also changed my pre-order to dual motor and standard battery, but am looking for an alternative to replace the Rivian pre-order. I had the max battery pack, and am looking for a something with 350-400 mile range that can go on rough forest roads in the PNW. I don't want a vehicle that is so expensive that I don't want to take it to the trail head. It might take a while to find my match.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I will just keep my Tacoma for now. I love my truck but hate the 17 mpg. The timing isn't that much different for me - I was a recent reservation even though I've been stalking Rivian since day 1.

OP
OP
kurtlikevonnegut

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I've also changed my pre-order to dual motor and standard battery, but am looking for an alternative to replace the Rivian pre-order. I had the max battery pack, and am looking for a something with 350-400 mile range that can go on rough forest roads in the PNW. I don't want a vehicle that is so expensive that I don't want to take it to the trail head. It might take a while to find my match.
I assume you are looking ICE to get that between now and 2024?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf (2016), Mustang Mach E (2021)
I assume you are looking ICE to get that between now and 2024?
I'll keep doing what I have been doing - travel with friends. I've been driving when a trail is closer in and not on a forest road. It is time for me to step up though. If anyone has suggestions, I need to start thinking about other options. I'm committed to electric vehicles and do not want a full size truck.

Sponsored

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
I cannot speak for anyone else as my needs/wants are varied and different.

I have yet to order a Rivian, though I have configured a R1T according to the new pricing, adjusting down to dual-motor config, and other minor changes here and there (including color choices). The increase was about $5k.

Currently I have a Bolt that has tied me down and covered my needs since 2017. I plan to keep this vehicle till I make the move towards Rivian (or Lucid, I'm still undecided). If I had to make a decision now and had to replace the Bolt, I'd most likely look into leasing a Toyota RAV4 hybrid for the extended range/milage.

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

I switched to the R1T Explorer dual motor, std battery. It is now my backup to any other possible options.

luriaj

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, Datsun 269Z
18 months? Hilarious. They probably haven't even started designing it. It'll be years and the price will go up by then.

Cavalryscout18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
The BMW iX is probably the only possible replacement for me. I wanted the R1S for the 7 seats so the iX is not ideal since only a 5 seater. In the past, I would not have considered it since it was so expensive (starts at $84k). Now though, the price is comparable in price to the R1S. Still not ideal but if I need an SUV in the next 12 months, that is probably the only option I can think of. They give you 2 years of free charging and it is a BMW. Maybe the Cadillac Lyriq SUV would be option 2. Not idea either but a lot cheaper than other two.

Sponsored

KidThunder

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Entertainment
Clubs

Same boat - I just put in an order for a Model Y to hold me over for the next couple years. Maybe then we'll have actual other options as well

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

are you seriously considering the dual motor and smaller battery? good luck.

we have no idea what those specs are other than the little they listed on the configurator. its almost 2 years away from starting deliveries and if you've been waiting 2-3 years already, thats crazy to wait 4-5 years for a vehicle. and of course no guarantee that price is going to stick.... track record says no right before you take delivery.

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
I'll keep doing what I have been doing - travel with friends. I've been driving when a trail is closer in and not on a forest road. It is time for me to step up though. If anyone has suggestions, I need to start thinking about other options. I'm committed to electric vehicles and do not want a full size truck.
If you are looking for a true off road BEV alternative, we are SOL for at least the next 2-3 years.
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/off-road-bev-choices.3753/