First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Shelby GT350R & 2016 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Occupation
Medical Devices
I'm close to Jupiter as well. Was going to call around today and get a few quotes. I too only want the front done. Let me know what you find.

Also how did you find out your target date? My guide was super vocal when first assigned. Since then, I haven't heard much. I have 6 steps completed, waiting for delivery for payment.
I’m also local to Jupiter (PBG) and have a lead from a friend on an installer in Jupiter that has done R1’s but mainly focuses his business on Boat wraps. I’m also in the steps officially and expect the truck by month end according to my Guide. Will be the first stop for the truck so I can post pictures back here on the work. This guy is a Xpel installer so it will be Xpel (probably gloss but matte is tempting bc I like how it accentuates the truck’s body lines) with an Xpel cermaic coat on top.
Sponsored

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
I’m also local to Jupiter (PBG) and have a lead from a friend on an installer in Jupiter that has done R1’s but mainly focuses his business on Boat wraps. I’m also in the steps officially and expect the truck by month end according to my Guide. Will be the first stop for the truck so I can post pictures back here on the work. This guy is a Xpel installer so it will be Xpel (probably gloss but matte is tempting bc I like how it accentuates the truck’s body lines) with an Xpel cermaic coat on top.
Mine is supposedly end of month as well. What guide were you assigned? I have Sara. Hoping this actually all goes through on schedule. Selling my car Saturday and would love to have a vehicle close after.

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Medical Devices
Mine is supposedly end of month as well. What guide were you assigned? I have Sara. Hoping this actually all goes through on schedule. Selling my car Saturday and would love to have a vehicle close after.
you are gutsier than I - selling my current daily driver is off the table until the R1 is in my driveway with some of what we’ve seen here with other eager preorder holders:CWL: i bet our trucks are on the same train…
My guide is Britney and she’s been great getting back to me with questions. I snagged a truck from the shop that had my specs including the powered cover bc that was oddly important to me as an installed feature. Guessing I’ll also have the frunk outlet as well…my fiancé is NOT sold on Rivian (nor BEVs) and this will be my first. Cross your fingers I’m not buying a problem child they just figured out... If it gives me fits she’ll be pressing me to launch it.

Last edited:

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
you are gutsier than I - selling my current daily driver is off the table until the R1 is in my driveway with some of what we’ve seen here with other eager preorder holders:CWL: i bet our trucks are on the same train…
My guide is Britney and she’s been great getting back to me with questions. I snagged a truck from the shop that had my specs including the powered cover bc that was oddly important to me as an installed feature. Guessing I’ll also have the frunk outlet as well…my fiancé is NOT sold on Rivian (nor BEVs) and this will be my first. Cross your fingers I’m not buying a problem child they just figured out... If it gives me fits she’ll be pressing me to launch it.
Unfortunately I’ll need the funds from the model y to help pay for the rivian. My guide has been great but lately has been a tad quiet. Might just be out of town or something. I have so many questions. You’re in for a great ride for your first EV!

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Medical Devices
Unfortunately I’ll need the funds from the model y to help pay for the rivian. My guide has been great but lately has been a tad quiet. Might just be out of town or something. I have so many questions. You’re in for a great ride for your first EV!
Thanks! I'm in the same boat as you trying to be patient but also excited. What was your experience in the Rivian nationwide quote? It was 2x the cost I have right now through progressive so I think I'm going to have to add it there and just try to include stated value coverage (rather than replacement cost) to see if I can mimic that "new car replacement plus" from nationwide in the event of a total loss.

Sponsored

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Thanks! I'm in the same boat as you trying to be patient but also excited. What was your experience in the Rivian nationwide quote? It was 2x the cost I have right now through progressive so I think I'm going to have to add it there and just try to include stated value coverage (rather than replacement cost) to see if I can mimic that "new car replacement plus" from nationwide in the event of a total loss.
I didn’t even shop around to be honest. I bought the model Y in June and did my shopping then. I have USAA and everything is more expensive or very close to what they charge me that I didn’t bother switching. The rivian will add $80 per year to my payments so not mad about it.

RT1for Bill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian Blue R1S
Occupation
engineer
As I stated in another thread, my wife and I recently returned to Florida from the New York Auto Show. After talking to some of the Rivian folks, especially Brian and Kristin, both Rivian employees(not Auto show actors), seeing both the R1S and R1T in person, I had to get on board. These products are amazing and both of us are extremely excited about the delivery of our R1T. With all that said, is there no one else besides me that has a pre-order in the state of Florida? Or just no one in the state of Florida that is as excited as I am? The fact that this company was started in Florida even....no? Ok.

The Updated list as of 09 OCT 2021:

46 and counting...

1. Jimcgov3 | Jax | R1T | Launch | Glacier White | Black Mountain | 20s
2. Hmp10 | Naples | R1S | Launch |Launch Green | Forest Edge | 22s
3. BlindPass | Tampa | R1S
4. TN2NFL80 | Tally | R1T
5. Rockstar2020 | Orlando | R1T
6. GriffJP | Melbourne | R1T
7. schiavet | Coral Gables | R1S
8. Joel | Palm Beach | Both
9. Spruce Bruce | Port Orange | R1S
10. Novo-Caine | Indialantic | R1T
11. Fireguy2020 | Gainesville | R1T
12. sfadchi | Wellington | ??
13. Valmcgov | Satellite Beach | R1S | Adventure |
14. RivianR1T4me | Tampa | R1T
15. loosenup | Orlando | R1T
16. Josemontes | Miami | R1S
17. MattpR1T | Palm Beach | R1T
18. SRFlorida | N. Florida | R1T
19. daeHelkcunk | Naples | Both
20. Jehorton | Stuart | R1T - He's back!
21. Babbuino | Orlando | R1S | Launch | Launch Green | Black Mountain | 20s
22. trickledown | Port Orange | R1S
23. SharkSisB | Fort Lauderdale | R1T
24. iliadz | Land O' Lakes | R1T
25. MW_Riley | Tampa/Stuart | R1T | 22s
26. TomP | Tampa | R1T
27. Bobthebuilder352 | Orlando | R1T
28. craigkay | Orlando | Unk
29. ldrz | Delray Beach | R1T
30. Tpaguy | Tampa | R1S
31. LeDough | Pensacola | R1T
32. dizosw | Orlando | R1T
33. metalic5 | Miami Lakes | R1T
34. elas9000 | Stuart | R1T
35. twysocki | Jax | R1S
36. Ryanj | Tampa | R1S | Adventure | Rivian Blue | Black Moutain | 22s
37. GatorCat94 | Oviedo | R1S | Adventure | LA Silver | Black Mountain | 21s
38. Surfnturf | Winter Park | R1T | Launch | El Capitan | Black Mountain | 20s (Black)
39. rydb | Tallahassee | R1T | Launch | El Capitan | Ocean Coast | 20s
40. reyvaz2 | Orlando | R1T
41. Kkonez | Pensacola | R1T
42. JaxNole | Jax Beach | R1T
43. OverSurge | Jupiter | R1S
44. Screeper | Fort Lauderdale | R1T | Adventure
45. Kdiego | Jupiter | R1S | Adventure
46. Trpntj | Jacksonville | R1T
47. RT1FORBIll | Middleburg | R1S Adventure | Rivian Blue | OC | 21s
Sponsored