Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

You are a beast! Great sluething!
I'm assuming confirms 2021 model and no FY 2022! Would have been nice to have a FY2022 for some better value but that's far down the road? and still could change.

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

I'm assuming confirms 2021 model and no FY 2022! Would have been nice to have a FY2022 for some better value but that's far down the road? and still could change.
I was thinking that as well. Not a huge deal to me other than saying I own a 2022 R1T. There is tons of time. Not sure what the process is for Rivian "registering" the model years of vehicles with NHTSA and whomever else...

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

FWIW Tidbits: Only Avilablae in a 2021 Model (Rivian) they have R1S too, nothing populated really but will be soon I am assuming!

https://yakima.com/pages/request-a-catalog

1617055970402.png
The other thing I stated in the Real Photos thread...not that it matters as ANY accessory from any manufacturer will fit on the Rivian crossbars, so if you find a snowboard rack, bike rack, or kayak J-cradles at a garage sale of the Facebook marketplace, they will fit...the only downside is if you planned on wrapping those into the loan...

Sponsored

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Civic, EX-L, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

Dang! Now I have to buy it because it matches my truck. So much glorious yellow.
What if it comes in other matching colors? I'd consider a blue tent.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Not necessarily. It could just mean the prototypes are labelled as 2021 models, and when they start production they will switch to 2022. Then again, they could just make all Launch Edition models 2021 and save 2022 for regular production.

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
Not necessarily. It could just mean the prototypes are labelled as 2021 models, and when they start production they will switch to 2022. Then again, they could just make all Launch Edition models 2021 and save 2022 for regular production.
The model year discussion is interesting. I’ve thought of Rivians in similar terms to how I thought about my Tesla MS. It was never a 2016 to me, but it was a pre-face lift 90D with AP1. The specific manufacturing date was discussed a lot as Tesla worked through quality issues over time, but I don’t recall the model year ever being discussed much (at least on the message boards).

I think I’ll always refer to my R1T as simply an LE R1T.

Sponsored

Gearhead500

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Director of Marketing & Ecommerce
Does anyone else get the impression the R2T is a 2023 thing? So you have R1T LE (2021) and R1T (2022) then R2T (2023). I go back and forth. I highly doubt it thinking that I know RJs plans for other models, but they’ve been really aggressive on the roll out of 3 vehicles this far.
?

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Does anyone else get the impression the R2T is a 2023 thing? So you have R1T LE (2021) and R1T (2022) then R2T (2023). I go back and forth. I highly doubt it thinking that I know RJs plans for other models, but they’ve been really aggressive on the roll out of 3 vehicles this far.
?
I think Rivian will have their hands full for a few years, especially with their commitment to deliver Amazon vans. It took Tesla 5 years to get from Model S to Model 3, and I'd expect a similar timeline before we see any smaller, more affordable models from Rivian. I could see additional 1-series models, like perhaps a R1V, in the interim.

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
Clearly RJ didn’t see my pending change.org petition to have the color yellow removed from the visible spectrum!
Or he’s hoping it passes in order to market his entire lineup of invisible truck accessories. Take that, car industry!

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
I think Rivian will have their hands full for a few years, especially with their commitment to deliver Amazon vans. It took Tesla 5 years to get from Model S to Model 3, and I'd expect a similar timeline before we see any smaller, more affordable models from Rivian.
I think that the Rivian skateboard is more flexible than the Model S skateboard, so they should be able to develope new vehicles faster than Tesla has. Rivian is better capitalized than Tesla was at the same point. It also took a lot longer for Tesla to go from the Model S to the Model X than Rivian is going to take to go from R1T to R1S.
Sponsored