Sponsored

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
My parents just moved into a house and had a NEMA 14-50 installed, so I used my mobile charger. Took nearly 20 hours to charge back up to full for the trip home. Thankfully, I had the extra day. Otherwise I would have charged at a 150 kWh station a mile from their home in Southern Highlands.
I do wish the provided mobile charger was 40 amp.
Sponsored

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

This truck continues to blow me away in terms of how well it does on road trips.

I'll post more details when I get back, but this thing told me I had 293 miles of range and gosh darn it got 293 miles. Actually, 294 miles. 2.4 miles per wh, cruising between 75 to 85 the entire way to northern California. My Tesla, as noted in the original post, was usually in the 2.4 range and that's one of the most aerodynamic cars ever built. This thing is a 7,000 brick going through the air. Just doesn't seem logical that it does as well as it does. How can this thing basically match the efficiency of a Tesla?????

The 21 inch wheels made a HUGE difference over the 20's. As noted in the original post, given, was a different trip to a different place, but on the 20's, averaged around 1.9 miles per wh. with the 21's, a whopping 0.5 more. 125 usable, basically another 62.5 miles in range. And that's with mine pushed out 5mm with the spacers and no aero covers. Just stupidly impressive.

My Tesla said I could do 360 something miles, but usually got 250. This thing, basically 300 miles in range. AND, it charges faster. 400 mile trip, stopped once for 30 minutes. Waited longer for my food than I did for the truck to charge. I arrived with 100 miles to spare. I made this same trip in my Tesla a few years ago, had to stop twice, charged for at least an hour and a half total and barely made it home. An hour quicker one-way trip in the Rivian. OK, I'll stop gushing now. Will post more details when I get back!