Sponsored

omamatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Adventure; 2020 BMW X5
Same dealer did that w/ a Lucid a month or so ago. Nuts!
Sponsored

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

I've got great news for everyone in the market for an R1T (adventure package) with an estimated date of first half of 2023. GW/OC/22" wheels/spare.

It's yours for the bargain basement price of $138,899! :cool:

In all seriousness, supply chain disruptions are causing market fluctuations that, while great for resale value, are devastating our ability to facilitate EV adoption. We need low cost EVs with enough usable range and continuously expanding EV charging infrastructure to entice people to purchase an EV.

It's exactly this kind of ? that ruins the overarching goal: enable a transition away from ICE vehicles and maybe, just maybe, have a shot at saving our pieholes from a really miserable climate catastrophe.

Last edited:
OP
OP
manitou202

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mercedes EQS SUV
An interesting thought experiment.

In pure financial terms, keeping your early delivery is the same as losing out on the profit of selling the vehicle when this type of demand exists. So we are all making the decision to forgo the profit by keeping the vehicle. It's similar to paying a premium over MSRP to get the vehicle early.

I have no desire to sell my R1S when it arrives, but I do acknowledge I'm paying a premium in a sense by holding onto it.

Reactions: sub

Sponsored

tyfly867

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
370z, Chevy Suburban
Looks like a sale is already pending. Did not take long.

Northish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Santa Cruz 5010, Focus RS
Occupation
Mfg. Engineer
This thread is a reminder that some folks always want more. I hope they eventually find the happiness they seek.

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Civic, EX-L, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

I never said I was willing to pay markup!! If i did, I was definitely drunk ?
Shouldn't drink and post. :beer:

And what's the Cold Weather package they claim that their R1T has? Maybe it comes with a Rivian fleece blanket?

Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I got an email with the VIN for my F-150 Lightning order today. I had forgotten all about it. It's due to be built the week of May 23rd. I guess I'll take it and sell it. I'm in Los Angeles and the market should be hot (not Rivian hot, but certainly well over sticker hot).

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

I got an email with the VIN for my F-150 Lightning order today. I had forgotten all about it. It's due to be built the week of May 23rd. I guess I'll take it and sell it. I'm in Los Angeles and the market should be hot (not Rivian hot, but certainly well over sticker hot).
You are assuming that when you go to pick it up they don't spring a $50K "Constrant" markup on you.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
You are assuming that when you go to pick it up they don't spring a $50K "Constrant" markup on you.
yes I am. I have an email with the price confirmed with the dealer - but I don't trust anything. If that happens I'll just take my deposit back and walk away. As long as I can get my rivian in the near future I have no real desire for the lightning.

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
An interesting thought experiment.

In pure financial terms, keeping your early delivery is the same as losing out on the profit of selling the vehicle when this type of demand exists. So we are all making the decision to forgo the profit by keeping the vehicle. It's similar to paying a premium over MSRP to get the vehicle early.

I have no desire to sell my R1S when it arrives, but I do acknowledge I'm paying a premium in a sense by holding onto it.
Yeah basically posted that same thought a few days ago.

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

yes I am. I have an email with the price confirmed with the dealer - but I don't trust anything. If that happens I'll just take my deposit back and walk away. As long as I can get my rivian in the near future I have no real desire for the lightning.
Good luck. Hopefully you actually get MSRP and if you do, get whatever you can for it!
Sponsored