First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
it's funny...I thought just yesterday that Rivian should take 1 R1T a week and auction it to the highest bidder. It wouldn't knock too many people back too far, but would do two things:
1. It would decrease these few people that just want a new toy and have too much money
2. It would bring in a bit of revenue (not too much, but some) to make up for keeping early adopter prices low.
actually 3

3. It would bring eyes and press to Rivian each week there is a bidding war.
Sponsored

Bobthebuilder352

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kubota
Occupation
Farmer
$140k Pricing too low? Lol
I don't think it's crazy high, yes maybe in a couple months as more are delivered.

Don't discount the cool factor of this truck. You can't go anywhere without causing whiplash in those poor innocent people who happen to see you drive by :)

Some people will just pay anything to have the latest, coolest new toy.
I’m surprised Rivian didn’t do a charity auction for the first few trucks. That said. I still think $140k is sort of silly for something that is market up and only scarce for the next year or so.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
kind of nuts to go to a dealer when you could auction it for more on Bring A Trailer. But maybe the auction sights would bristle at the no-resale clause and these sketchier dealers don't care.

You could sell it private part in Los Angles for more right now. I'm pretty sure. Lots of people with too much money who would love to be first of their friends to have one.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
What are the odds that the person who ordered this R1T happens to also own or work for this dealership? ?

Varuca-TX

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Colorado Duramax - 2001 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Real Estate
Then buy it and try to flip it. Lots of people on here that think it's worth more, so here's your chance to prove it.
My thoughts didn't actually translate to my keyboard accurately - I do think the truck will sell above this list price, but I feel the dealership has listed it appropriately to spur action from those with more money than patience -

My intent in the original msg was to indicate that the original owner left substantial money on the table .... assuming...

1. original owner isn't affiliated with the dealership
2. original owner doesn't have some sort of consignment agreement where they will share in sale amount over list price.

As for my opportunity to prove an opinion of value - I have no idea what these things are worth - but now is the time when we will see people willing to pay silly prices to be one of the first to grab the latest cool thing.

Sponsored

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Then buy it and try to flip it. Lots of people on here that think it's worth more, so here's your chance to prove it.
Huge fun for the Forum! Comment, act, report back, and then discussion will rage and range forever. Endless delight. Cheers.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
@OutofSpecKyle said he wants one now and willing to pay markup. That would be the best way to finally get some reviews on 21" tire.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
I never said I was willing to pay markup!! If i did, I was definitely drunk ?
Man, That was the quickest response I have had on the forum ;) I thought you were loaded.

I wouldn't mind getting bumped by one spot if Rivian pushes you ahead of the line. You and your team put a lot into these reviews and they were amazing.

Last edited:

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

First thought: I do think it will go for that. The "people with more money than patience" line.

Second thought: I wonder if the tonneau cover works? ?

Sponsored

888tom888

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Self Storage
There's always somebody with who gives a shit money in life. And if he's a Rivian fan or I'll be the first on the block with a cool truck, it will get sold. And with all of the free money the government gave out due to Covid, that's more likely now than at any time in my life.

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

Why anyone would pay over the retail price for a vehicle like this just astonishes me. This isn't a limited run Ferrari, it is a pickup truck that there will be 1000s of , not 50. I get the concept of supply and demand just not something I am willing to do.

Last edited:

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Why anyone would pay over the retail price for a vehicle like this just astonishes me. This isn't a limited run Ferrari, it is a pickup truck that there will be 1000s of , not 50.
Until there is more supply, the demand is there...and people with money who don't want to wait 2 years will pay.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Why anyone would pay over the retail price for a vehicle like this just astonishes me. This isn't a limited run Ferrari, it is a pickup truck that there will be 1000s of , not 50.
I saw a ford Maverick selling for $51,995 today please everyone is selling for more than they paid. Yes there will be more of them if you want to wait but especially with the R1 that could be 2 more years for people that just found out about it.
Sponsored