Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicles
Hummer H1, Lotus Elise, Fusion Energi
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Why anyone would pay over the retail price for a vehicle like this just astonishes me. This isn't a limited run Ferrari, it is a pickup truck that there will be 1000s of , not 50.
I saw a ford Maverick selling for $51,995 today please everyone is selling for more than they paid. Yes there will be more of them if you want to wait but especially with the R1 that could be 2 more years for people that just found out about it.

omamatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Adventure; 2020 BMW X5
Same dealer did that w/ a Lucid a month or so ago. Nuts!

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicles
2008 mazdaspeed3; 2009 mazda3

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
I've got great news for everyone in the market for an R1T (adventure package) with an estimated date of first half of 2023. GW/OC/22" wheels/spare.

It's yours for the bargain basement price of $138,899! :cool:

In all seriousness, supply chain disruptions are causing market fluctuations that, while great for resale value, are devastating our ability to facilitate EV adoption. We need low cost EVs with enough usable range and continuously expanding EV charging infrastructure to entice people to purchase an EV.

It's exactly this kind of ? that ruins the overarching goal: enable a transition away from ICE vehicles and maybe, just maybe, have a shot at saving our pieholes from a really miserable climate catastrophe.

Last edited:
OP
OP
manitou202

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Audi E-tron, R1S Launch Edition Reservation
An interesting thought experiment.

In pure financial terms, keeping your early delivery is the same as losing out on the profit of selling the vehicle when this type of demand exists. So we are all making the decision to forgo the profit by keeping the vehicle. It's similar to paying a premium over MSRP to get the vehicle early.

I have no desire to sell my R1S when it arrives, but I do acknowledge I'm paying a premium in a sense by holding onto it.

Reactions: sub

tyfly867

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
370z, Chevy Suburban
Looks like a sale is already pending. Did not take long.

Northish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Santa Cruz 5010
Occupation
Mfg. Engineer
This thread is a reminder that some folks always want more. I hope they eventually find the happiness they seek.

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicles
Honda Civic, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
I never said I was willing to pay markup!! If i did, I was definitely drunk ?
Shouldn't drink and post. :beer:

And what's the Cold Weather package they claim that their R1T has? Maybe it comes with a Rivian fleece blanket?

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Model S, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I got an email with the VIN for my F-150 Lightning order today. I had forgotten all about it. It's due to be built the week of May 23rd. I guess I'll take it and sell it. I'm in Los Angeles and the market should be hot (not Rivian hot, but certainly well over sticker hot).

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
I got an email with the VIN for my F-150 Lightning order today. I had forgotten all about it. It's due to be built the week of May 23rd. I guess I'll take it and sell it. I'm in Los Angeles and the market should be hot (not Rivian hot, but certainly well over sticker hot).
You are assuming that when you go to pick it up they don't spring a $50K "Constrant" markup on you.