First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE LG, 2023 R1S LE El Cap
Occupation
Concrete Polisher
The R1T sold for $150k. I was not surprised to hear this number. Some of those looking to cut the line and get ahead by offering reservations of another vehicle or current MSRP should keep this in mind.
Well that did not last long "It appears that vehicle has been removed!" I am not sure if the LE R1T was sold or simply removed for other reasons but it is no long listed on Charged Automotive.

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
An interesting thought experiment.

In pure financial terms, keeping your early delivery is the same as losing out on the profit of selling the vehicle when this type of demand exists. So we are all making the decision to forgo the profit by keeping the vehicle. It's similar to paying a premium over MSRP to get the vehicle early.

I have no desire to sell my R1S when it arrives, but I do acknowledge I'm paying a premium in a sense by holding onto it.

Kind-of…

The premium we are “paying” is vs replacement cost, not vs the price we are paying, however. With the price increase, a replacement is at a higher price and might be higher yet in 2 years when delivery occurs. Same with government subsidies.

So, sell an $80k build now for $150k, isn’t a $70k profit, it’s actually likely more like $30-40k (factoring in options, estimated taxes, fees, etc)
Sponsored