First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
This is our first EV and first trip outside of Seattle requiring public charging. Truck was delivered 9/21. Installed the Rivian wall charger on Saturday 8/24 and set it to charge to 85%. Did more trip research and changed charging to 100%. Bit of a EA charger desert between Olympia and Kelso (north of Portland) and wanted to try EA DCFC in Lacey on way home. Charging completed to 100% at 3am.

We hit the road at about 7:30am 58 degrees and about 0016' elevation. Effieciency wasn't great for the first 30-35 miles at 1.93 and SOC was down to 87%. Maybe I should have timed charging to hit 100% right before leaving so the batteries were warmer? This didn't help my range anxiety. After 60 miles trip A improved to 2.09.

Arrived at Mt. St. Helens Observatory at Johnson Ridge with range of 108 and SOC at 35%. Elevation is 4314. Walked the dogs then left them in cab with pet mode on. Sure wish NPS dog policy was like Canadian National parks. Headed out for a 90 minute hike. Weather was beautiful and in low 80s. Planned to do more exploring but hard to enjoy with range anxiety. Truck was now at 34% SOC with 105 range. Needed 101 miles to get to Lacey EA Walmart. Heading back to I5 we increased out buffer to 35 miles. Preconditioning started pretty early and before we stopped for a late lunch.

Arrived at Lacey EA/Walmart with a range of 31 miles...forgot what the SOC was...maybe 11 or 12%. Charging started fine (and free!) but only hit a max of 183 on a 350 unit. Didn't need much to get home so wasn't worried. Walked the dogs, hit the head and my wife did some quick shopping. Stopped charging in 20 minutes and hit the road home. Didn't track the rest since it didn't matter...we were home. Final efficiency was 2.31.

BTW- A Canyon Red R1T was rolling in when we were leaving. First time seeing that color...wouldn't be my choice. A couple of mustangs and a kia something were charging also.

Rivian R1T R1S First Trip Report: Seattle-Mt St Helens in R1T Limestone on 22s MSH Trip report

Rivian R1T R1S First Trip Report: Seattle-Mt St Helens in R1T Limestone on 22s Mt St Helens
Sponsored

Denver_Paulie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Porsche Taycan CT4s, '23 Rivian R1T
More pictures please!!!! Looked like a gorgeous day to break in the new truck in a beautiful part of the world.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Yes, would love more photos of your truck as my config is Limestone on 22" brights!

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Thanks for the report and congrats on your truck. What drive mode were you in on your trip?

OP
OP
WSea

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Thanks for the report and congrats on your truck. What drive mode were you in on your trip?
Conserve except for all purpose for the first couple of miles.
Running with ACC most of the trip. Driver+ gave me the wheel alignment error even though my alignment seems fine. Haven't received that OTA .06 update yet

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

You certainly did not have the best efficiency we've seen posted with the 22"s but 2.31 mi/kWh is not bad given the elevation climb. That still exceeds their posted estimates for 22"s.
Sponsored