Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Fantastic. I'll be happily charging over at the EA station while you wait to pay a higher price. Much appreciated.
You'll have to fight the Teslas with CCS adapters :(
Sponsored

popoga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG R1T, '18 Impreza, '10 Triumph Bonneville
Occupation
Potato Farmer
Clubs

Fantastic. I'll be happily charging over at the EA station while you wait to pay a higher price. Much appreciated.
How much are the Tesla chargers going to be? I'd be willing to pay a little more than the already-pricey 40c/kWh that EA charges for a faster rate or better reliability, at least in some situations.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

You'll have to fight the Teslas with CCS adapters :(
But I don't understand, why would Tesla owners use EA if it's so terrible and Tesla SC network is so great.

OP
OP

rhuber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S Plaid, 64 Mustang
I'll buy my electrons from anyone. Options and competition and redundancy are very good things, and I'll use whatever station is more convenient at any given time.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

How much are the Tesla chargers going to be? I'd be willing to pay a little more than the already-pricey 40c/kWh that EA charges for a faster rate or better reliability, at least in some situations.
Never used one so I couldnā€™t tell you. A quick search says up to around 0.50/kWh during peak times for Tesla owners. I would be very surprised if open CCS rates were not higher but time will tell.

For what itā€™s worth if EA DCFC prices are too high for you then DCFC might not be for you, in my experience EA is cheaper than the alternatives when available.

Sponsored

popoga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Potato Farmer
Clubs

if EA DCFC prices are too high for you then DCFC might not be for you,
Weird post but ok. Obviously I prefer cheaper stuff where available, and in the same post said I'd be willing to pay more than the 40c price for speed or reliability, which EA has been pretty bad at in my experience.

Notaevfan

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Suburban, Silverado 2500, E39 M5, e34 M5, E36 M3,
Occupation
Home Builder
I don't know how this is supposed to work, but I downloaded the Tesla app and clicked on charge a non Tesla car for info. The map supposedly shows chargers that are available to non Tesla vehicles. Pretty much none in between cities, so no help on trips. Oh well.

popoga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Potato Farmer
Clubs

I don't know how this is supposed to work, but I downloaded the Tesla app and clicked on charge a non Tesla car for info. The map supposedly shows chargers that are available to non Tesla vehicles. Pretty much none in between cities, so no help on trips. Oh well.
Did you see any at all in the USA? That's novel if so, right?

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Weird post but ok. Obviously I prefer cheaper stuff where available, and in the same post said I'd be willing to pay more than the 40c price for speed or reliability, which EA has been pretty bad at in my experience.
My point is that 0.40/kWh is not high, you said it was 'pricey' and in my experience most other players charge more. Not sure what is weird about that?

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Model Y, Bronco - sold for R1T
Those are not Superchargers, they say wall connector and are just Level 2 destination chargers and the like.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Did you see any at all in the USA? That's novel if so, right?
All the ones listed as of this minute are tesla destination chargers. No DC charging yet. The one in the photo isn't open to the public yet.

popoga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Potato Farmer
Clubs

All the ones listed as of this minute are tesla destination chargers. No DC charging yet. The one in the photo isn't open to the public yet.
Oh, duh that totally makes sense.

Notaevfan

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Suburban, Silverado 2500, E39 M5, e34 M5, E36 M3,
Occupation
Home Builder
Those are not Superchargers, they say wall connector and are just Level 2 destination chargers and the like.
Yeah I see that now. So does anyone know which they will open up?

Aardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3
I had been curious if Magic Dock would first show up in new construction only. It does not appear to be the case. This SC station in Verona NY has been live since Oct 2022. The Magic Dock is either a modification to an existing pedestal, or a replacement pedestal.
As both a Tesla and (upcoming) Rivian owner, I will cuss myself out and leave a nasty note on my windshield if I have to block 2 spots to charge the R1S. šŸ˜
Sponsored