Sponsored

rhuber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S Plaid, 64 Mustang
Update: FYI -- ALL stations at a given Supercharging site will have the magic dock installed.

All via Reddit, not my photo or post.

Great choice of test vehicle for CCS adapter, eh?

Rivian R1T R1S First Tesla Supercharger with "Magic Dock" CCS adapter successfully charged a R1T. This is fantastic! coxy2d4oszja1

Rivian R1T R1S First Tesla Supercharger with "Magic Dock" CCS adapter successfully charged a R1T. This is fantastic! 1677184227667

Rivian R1T R1S First Tesla Supercharger with "Magic Dock" CCS adapter successfully charged a R1T. This is fantastic! 4l3tfkloszja1
Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Wow, this is GREAT news....can't wait to have access to Tesla Superchargers.

Aag12

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Na
Cable is still short... This going to be painful if the parking spot requires the rivian /or any other ev to park in the wrong spot to make the cable reach.

Example is tesla port is back left, rivian is front left. Rivian may have to park one spot over to make the cable reach.

If the spot adjacent isn't open, rivian can't charge, or if the spot is open, the rivian may be taking up 2 spots.

Tesla owners already going to be all pissy about sharing spots with non tesla, they will be even more pissed (understandably) if someone takes 2

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Nice!

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Cable is still short... This going to be painful if the parking spot requires the rivian /or any other ev to park in the wrong spot to make the cable reach.

Example is tesla port is back left, rivian is front left. Rivian may have to park one spot over to make the cable reach.

If the spot adjacent isn't open, rivian can't charge, or if the spot is open, the rivian may be taking up 2 spots.

Tesla owners already going to be all pissy about sharing spots with non tesla, they will be even more pissed (understandably) if someone takes 2
This exact station appears to have two parking spots set up for it. It certainly would explain why Tesla might only do 1/2 chargers per station if they are making sure they are configured this way.

Aag12

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Na
This exact station appears to have two parking spots set up for it. It certainly would explain why Tesla might only do 1/2 chargers per station if they are making sure they are configured this way.
That would make a ton of sense.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have majority of chargers be for tesla only and a small number be magic dock with bigger spots. Didn't think of that and that's a good compromise if that's what you're saying.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I can’t wait to annoy Tesla people!:fingerscrossed:

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I just know that Tesla's are going to make an effort to take these spots first, even if the others are free.
Especially if you can park on the line for lots of extra room. If they don't magic dock every single station, there's no way I would depend on them. I think that's what Tesla wants though. Money without actually having to service CCS vehicles.

*Edit: Someone claimed that Tesla is planning on putting magic dock connectors on every charger at the stations they convert over. It goes against what I've heard previously, but I'm guessing we both have incomplete information about it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I just know that Tesla's are going to make an effort to take these spots first, even if the others are free.
I can actually understand from their perspective why this will be annoying. They have had it pretty good up to this point. Change is hard!

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Especially if you can park on the line for lots of extra room. If they don't magic dock every single station, there's no way I would depend on them. I think that's what Tesla wants though. Money without actually having to service CCS vehicles.
I'd depend on them more than EA though. I'll get to charge eventually, just might have to wait. But I can depend on it to work

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I'd depend on them more than EA though. I'll get to charge eventually, just might have to wait. But I can depend on it to work
Good luck with that I guess.

• Haha
Reactions: Guy
OP
OP

rhuber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S Plaid, 64 Mustang
All stations at a given site will have the magic dock installed.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Fantastic. I'll be happily charging over at the EA station while you wait to pay a higher price. Much appreciated.
Sponsored