Sponsored

First Service Experience (Service Suspension Soon)

Jedwards

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Hey all! I wanted to share with you my first experience so far with Rivian Service. My truck was delivered on June 21st and has been great no issues besides the tonneau cover not closing and making some loud noises. On July 26th I got into my truck and had some warnings pop up saying to drive carefully and to service suspension soon. Along with these messages, my car would not allow me to change ride heights due to this problem. I called Rivian Service and the employee I spoke with was great very professional and asked great questions to help diagnose what has happened. While on the phone with him the error messages fully cleared and the truck allowed me to change ride heights and drive normally. The conversation was left with he was going to push all the info through to the diagnostic team to look further into it and if it happens again I should call back.

I start driving the truck no more than 1-2 miles and the service suspension soon notification pops up again. I pull over call Rivian back and get connected to another employee. He asked the same general questions and had me do a hard reset of the car's computer system by holding the left-most button on the steering wheel and the hazards. This had no effect. After this, he called me back a few times to give me updates on what our plan was and on scheduling maintenance. We set a tentative pick-up for my truck for today August 1st. We discussed sending the truck to Portland OR or Sacramento CA but ultimately he decided on Sacramento because they had a lift and Portland did not. He briefly mentioned sending a tech to me but I believe he thought the problem was serious enough to need the lift. I was supposed to receive a call to confirm this pick-up but was not contacted by Rivian or the trucking company.

This morning I received some texts about the pick-up truck and a rough ETA. The information provided was incorrect and the tracking function through Rivian did not work. The trucking company arrived about 50 minutes earlier than what Rivians tracking service showed. Once the driver arrived he called me twice but barely spoke any English and eventually hung up on me because the phone was cutting out and I could not understand. I then received a text from what I presumed to be the trucking company letting me know the driver was here. I drove the Rivian out of my driveway towards where he was parked and tried to communicate what our plan was because he was parked on the main road off of our driveway which is technically an old highway with speed limits of 55. He then turned his truck around hitting a neighbor's fence and parked his truck on the side of the road. I pulled the truck out and then he took pictures of the car and my key fob. He then proceeded to load the Rivian onto the trucks bed which had 2 other cars in front of it. He drove the Rivian up and had me assist in telling him how much distance he had to pull forward and not hit the other customer's car in front of mine. He unfortunately bumped the Rivian into the car in front of mine. With the 2 cars literally touching there was not enough room to load the Rivian with the 2 other cars. He backed the Rivian off the truck and accidentally? floored it in reverse spinning the tires on gravel and narrowly avoiding our mailboxes which have a thick metal pole and would have done serious damage to the Rivian. He then drove the 2 other customer cars off and back on the truck in a fast aggressive manner to re-arrange them and hopefully fit the Rivian. He then loaded the cars back on and was attempting to load mine on last again. The driver bumped the front of my Rivian 2 more times trying to get it close enough to fit on the truck bed. The Rivian "fit" and he was on his way.

I contacted Rivian service and let them know the situation. The employee I was speaking to sounded legitimately concerned about what had happened and was going to pass the information along to a higher-up. He also was going to contact the service center to have an inspection done once unloaded to make sure the truck had no damage done from loading - transporting and unloading.

To summarize my thoughts. Rivian was great helpful and generally very communicative but for the life of me they should not use 3rd party trucking companies for this process. I attached the pictures of the error symbol my truck on the bed of the transport the communcation I received this morning about tracking the truck and my work order from Rivian. I hope this is insightful I did not intend for it to be a fully negative review and I hope the positives from Rivian also show through. My truck is on the way to Sacremento currently and will update here what service lets me know. I will post my specs down below.

Adventure Package
21 inch wheels
Location Southern Oregon
Milage on the Rivian 2,822
Vin ends in 7534

Rivian R1T R1S First Service Experience (Service Suspension Soon) 398E8956-49CB-4FF7-B689-A7BBD9278E6A (2)

Rivian R1T R1S First Service Experience (Service Suspension Soon) IMG_3043

Rivian R1T R1S First Service Experience (Service Suspension Soon) IMG_30432

Rivian R1T R1S First Service Experience (Service Suspension Soon) Screenshot 2022-08-01 140315

Rivian R1T R1S First Service Experience (Service Suspension Soon) IMG_3038

Rivian R1T R1S First Service Experience (Service Suspension Soon) Screenshot 2022-08-01 141513
Sponsored