Sponsored

First service appointment - 1700 miles. 4 issues to fix.

Rivianation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Manager
I have my first service appointment in Miami:
  1. Slight pull to the right (need to hold wheel slightly left to go straight)
  2. Driver's side suspension slightly lower (<1").
  3. Seat venting stopped working
  4. Camera image shows dark patches, both sides of vehicle on 360 surround view. Its like there is schmutz on the lens, but I checked all cameras.
All of the above were noticed around the same time, about 1,600 miles. I have not had a single issue with is vehicle until the above items.

Issue 1 and 2 were noticed right after I 'educated' a Hellcat owner. Not sure why my first ever attempt at a spirited 0-60 run would cause either of these issues, but seems like too much of a coincidence. :(

Does anyone know why they added $1200 estimate to this -- All of the above should be under warranty, so what gives? Also what chance in hell do I have of getting a Rivian loaner?

Thanks for any info.
Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
They usually put the cost in and then when it's found to be warranty it's updated to zero dollars. That's what's happened with my services anyways. I got a Rivian loaner the time mine was in the shop but from what it sounds that's not too common.

OP
OP
Rivianation

Rivianation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Manager
They usually put the cost in and then when it's found to be warranty it's updated to zero dollars. That's what's happened with my services anyways. I got a Rivian loaner the time mine was in the shop but from what it sounds that's not too common.
Thanks
Do they determine its under warranty when you show up for appointment, or do you have to cross your fingers and hope they didn't conclude it was not covered, only after they are done? We should know up front what the bill will be, no?

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
It's a poor practice. They should only discuss costs after evaluating the situation and then advising customer they found something that they will not be able to cover due to abuse, lack of maintenance, etc... then getting their OK to perform the work at the agreed cost.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Thanks
Do they determine its under warranty when you show up for appointment, or do you have to cross your fingers and hope they didn't conclude it was not covered, only after they are done? We should know up front what the bill will be, no?
They determine it's under warranty after investigation and if the issue shows no signs of customer abuse, accident, neglect, etc...

It's like your windshield cracking by a rock strike, you say that didn't happen because you can't find any impact site.... then they get the truck and show you the actual impact crater evidence which explains why it will not be covered under warranty.

Last edited:

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Ford F350 Diesel, Mercedes GLC30
Occupation
CTO
It's a poor practice. They should only discuss costs after evaluating the situation and then advising customer they found something that they will not be able to cover due to abuse, lack of maintenance, etc... then getting their OK to perform the work at the agreed cost.
Tesla does the same thing. I had an out of warranty repair done and I got an estimate and paid it. But the work they did was messed up. So I made a new appointment and got an estimate for payment on it. I couldnt get a new appointment without it generating an estimate. I assumed they'd void the payment since they messed up the first repair and they did. Didnt reimburse me for 2 more hours of driving and 2 more hours of sitting in their waiting area though even though they messed up in an obvious way.
Sponsored