Sponsored

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
My truck which I paid cash for on Monday is sitting in the Bellevue SC. They will not release it to me because it is affected by this recall.
How did you find out? I have a paid for truck in a service center also. Haven’t heard this news, but haven’t asked guide about it either. Guide says truck needs to be inspected (tentatively inspected today) before delivery. Wonder if there is a correlation with a range of VIN’s or interior color or some other factor.

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
How did you find out? I have a paid for truck in a service center also. Haven’t heard this news, but haven’t asked guide about it either. Guide says truck needs to be inspected (tentatively inspected today) before delivery. Wonder if there is a correlation with a range of VIN’s or interior color or some other factor.
I tried looking for a recall on my VIN on NHTSA website, but it was inconclusive, and recommends checking with Rivian. So asked my Guide specifically and she said my VIN number was not affected, however there was an issue with one of the door handles that needed repair, so delivery postponed from 5-12 to 5-21. Hoping no other problems.

NorskBoy

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 diesel, sold the BMW
Occupation
Contractor
I do wonder if this has had anything to do with the perceived early Q2 delivery slowdown. Hard to say if there truly was a slowdown but it certainly appears that way from what we can see and this might be a partial explanation.
my guide originally told me same thing. That the truck was on a “containment hold” first he didn’t know why then said it had something to do with the passenger seat sensor. I went the SC and they were in the dark as to why it was on hold. Then I see this recall notice. My VIN ends in 3063. Yours?

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

Here is how you know.

Does your truck think there is someone in the passenger seat when there isn’t?

No? You are not included.

Yes? You are part of the recall.

Do you have to buckle the seat belt for the passenger NOT in your passenger front seat so the seat belt chime will stop?

Are you on 11.2 or newer and your truck won’t go to sleep because it thinks someone is still in the vehicle even though the seat belt is NO LONGER FASTENED?

Lastly, did you receive an email from Rivian stating that your vehicle was part of a recall?

Sponsored

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
My VIN ends in 3063. Yours?
My "in the SC awaiting delivery" Vin is in the low 4400's, fortunately Guide just told me it is not affected by the recall, but needs minor paint correction at a body shop prior to delivery.

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 05 Saturn Relay 3
Occupation
Ast HR Director
Don't forget the classics...
  • Found On Road Dead
  • Fix Or Repair Daily
  • F'd Over Rebuilt Dodge
You forgot:
  • F'ed on race day
  • F'ed over rebuilt Dihatsu/Datsun
Backwards options
  • Driver Returns on Foot

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
My "in the SC awaiting delivery" Vin is in the low 4400's, fortunately Guide just told me it is not affected by the recall, but needs minor paint correction at a body shop prior to delivery.
Are you in NC? If so, is truck coming from Richmond? Just curious as I’m in North Carolina.

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer

TAZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
For those that this recall was effected by, how long did it take to get the seats replaced? I was notified of this issue a day after signing the paperwork, no payment, which i changed to this truck because it was available! I'm trying to decide whether to stick with it or ask my guide to find me another one. Thanks
Sponsored