camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
As @pfbz mentioned the @RivianXpress thread is pretty definitive.

I did a temporary/short-drive single bike load today. Dropping R1T off for service tomorrow and decided to use the trip as a test and load up a bike and ride home.

Just straps for now (with some back tension to keep the front wheel off the tonneau cover.) I don’t love it without a front chock but It’s a relatively short hop and I did a a decent test drive this afternoon. “That ain’t goin’ nowhere!” (Only works with the double negative and a slap. My son corrects me if I mess it up.)

I did order the Builtright panel and a couple front wheel chocks for long term use.

Loading the one bike was easy. Loading and strapping two will be a little more work but certainly doable. Really want some sort of rear gate/net. Wish there was a high anchor point on the back. Would probably do one of the nets but with the extra strap probably amounts to same thing.

Ramps fit great in the tunnel.

8CF80C51-9EAB-45BC-BFC8-3F9D9E5D5DEF.jpeg

(Straps loosened to sit overnight)
The slap is critical.

Can you use the bed rail cargo port mounts for an upper tie-down? I haven't seen anyone post anything about ratings for these or anything, but I would assume they would be good for that.