Sponsored

First production R1T samples for press to review?

EVSport7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Kia Sorento Hybrid
Agreed. I actually don't have much interest from C&D (and to a lesser extent Edmund's) because I don't think either do a particularly great job with EVs so far, but do value getting a series of different relatively independent reviewers is really valuable to me. I'll gladly take a mix of OutofSpec, Edmunds, AA, and others. I just don't think that's happening day one unfortunately. However, I know at least a few are doing their own legwork to get cars from Rivian by either buying them, or getting them from people who are buying them for a period of time.
AA is Alex Autos? I do like Out of Spec, he does a good job at staying on task and focusing on EV specific metrics. The problem is they are very small, going with someone like Edmunds will give you so much more publicity.

Like it was mentioned earlier, the LE models will keep them busy for months, maybe after those roll out they can start with the reviews.
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
AA is Alex Autos? I do like Out of Spec, he does a good job at staying on task and focusing on EV specific metrics. The problem is they are very small, going with someone like Edmunds will give you so much more publicity.

Like it was mentioned earlier, the LE models will keep them busy for months, maybe after those roll out they can start with the reviews.
Agreed. I am thinking about it from value I get, not publicity for Rivian though. Haha.

And yeah, AA - Alex on autos. I was being lazy in my phone.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
I don't think they should make the first batch just for reviewers, but within that first 6 months to a year they need to let these bigger review outlets have access to them. I don't care if it's RJs family R1S haha.

This culty crap of letting all your media exposure be positive YouTube videos from fanboys is silly. Let's see some objective, real world testing from folks without any bias. I put 10x more stock in the Edmunds and C&D Tesla tests and reviews than from a fanboy "news" site.

I want them to show the world that these are fantastic vehicles, the good with the bad so Rivian continues to improve

You're kidding right? Youtube is the platform. Real world, objective testing is published on youtube. Thats your ROI.

MT - 6.64 million subscribers
Doug - 4.1 million subscribers
Jay Leno - 3.2 million
C&D - 714k subscribers

This forum
2720 registered users

As much as I want my car, it makes more business sense to send it to YT first. Especially with IPO coming up. And if they dont send one, then there will just be "why is the rivian a mystery vehicle". Ford was smart, sending broncos out to everyone. Even ones without a drivetrain.

EVSport7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Kia Sorento Hybrid
You're kidding right? Youtube is the platform. Real world, objective testing is published on youtube. Thats your ROI.

MT - 6.64 million subscribers
Doug - 4.1 million subscribers
Jay Leno - 3.2 million
C&D - 714k subscribers

This forum
2720 registered users

As much as I want my car, it makes more business sense to send it to YT first. Especially with IPO coming up. And if they dont send one, then there will just be "why is the rivian a mystery vehicle". Ford was smart, sending broncos out to everyone. Even ones without a drivetrain.
My response was geared more towards personal Tesla shill stuff vs actual publication like Motor Trend or Edmunds
Sponsored