Sponsored

First-Mile Mobile test drive in San Diego!

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

glanced at my phone during lunch and saw a Rivian email with "First Mile" in the subject line.. got all giddy inside! invited to experience the R1T firsthand that comes to your place (or wherever you pick) with a 45-min. time slot. appointment options were scattered across April so picked next Thursday.

Actually rather surprised to get the invite since I fall into the "middle of the pack" with a reservation made in fall of 2020. I do have a Launch Edition configured it that makes a difference. So damn excited. Just need to prepare with more than generic questions. Also decide on a route to drive in the approx 30-min period it said can be for test driving it.

:eek::p:rock::party:
Sponsored

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I have mine set up for Saturday. I’m in Agoura Hills and ordered in January. Looking forward to it.

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I have mine set up for Saturday. I’m in Agoura Hills and ordered in January. Looking forward to it.
That means you didn't score a Launch Edition vehicle, right? That's really unexpected 🤔

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Definitely not a launch edition. Are these events prioritized for people taking delivery sooner rather than later or just based on geography?

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Definitely not a launch edition. Are these events prioritized for people taking delivery sooner rather than later or just based on geography?
Not sure what the "code" is for Rivian's decision to send mobile test drive invites.
Only speculated about a Launch Ed. prerequisite - which now appears incorrect.

Sponsored

bhlackey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, KTM SX-450F
I am a reservation holder from this year! And I was sent an invite in SD. Got a spot. Very excited.

LTD in CBTS

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3, Vespa 300, R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I am an order holder in Cardiff-by-the-Sea since 1/4/20. I won't get mine until 2023 as I am holding out for the Max Pack Adventure, but they brought me a R1T 2 months ago for a test drive. I think it was because I signed up the Aqua Dulce First Mile that got rained out. It is a beautiful machine and it was painful to watch the driver leave my driveway knowing that I cant have one for more than a year more to go. It will be totally worth the wait!!!
Sponsored