DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I just went online with the U.S. Postal Service and put in a retro-active change of address form to an apartment across the street from the Irvine facility. That ought to do the trick....
Sponsored

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Sure hope that San Diego falls within the "close proximity" of Los Angeles. Its around 120 miles between city centers. My poor luck is they'll draw the line at 100 miles

I was going to post the same thing but you beat me to it. SD and L.A. should very much be considered the same market - just ask the Chargers :(.

Also wonder how accurate they are going to be - I'm in north county so it's less than 100m for me to downtown L.A.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
All this time time though, for only 4 locations with no dates? One being at the factory? All being invite only?

I'm glad that this is getting going, but geeze...

scooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 1250GS
Clubs

I chatted up customer service as they don't have the logistics yet on who gets invited but he offered to put a note on my order to let the organizers know that I'm 200 miles away from Normal and willing to drive.

Reactions: Jay

Spiffster

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 (Sold), Ford Fusion Energi
Denver should be on the short list IMO. We have massive EV incentives in CO and everyone here drives a Truck or SUV. I think we have Rivian Amazon delivery vans here too so Rivian must have some service presence here already.

Sponsored

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
I live in the KC area so hopefully I’ll be invited to Normal, otherwise I’m SOL because NY is about the same distance as CA is for me lol

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Same. Not sure why proximity matters when so many of us are ready to drive a pretty good distance to get a chance to drive one.
It matters because without limits they would end up with 10k or more people showing up to the early events wanting to test drive. It's a way to manage event size and ensure fair access.

87Ducks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T,
Rivian is putting charging networks to service remote locations for their adventure vehicles, so lets get some test drives near those sites. If nothing else, they could just make sure all the deposit holders don't need to travel more than 100-150 miles to see the products.

Sponsored

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

It matters because without limits they would end up with 10k or more people showing up to the early events wanting to test drive. It's a way to manage event size and ensure fair access.
True, though someone who pre-ordered last week may get to go to an event because they live close while someone who ordered a few years ago may be waiting awhile.
I definitely get the manage event size aspect, but it doesn't feel like "fair access" to early pre-order holders.
Then again, nothing will satisfy everyone.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
True, though someone who pre-ordered last week may get to go to an event because they live close while someone who ordered a few years ago may be waiting awhile.
I definitely get the manage event size aspect, but it doesn't feel like "fair access" to early pre-order holders.
Then again, nothing will satisfy everyone.
Same can be said of deliveries.

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Anyone know if LA is actually LA, or will it be proximity to Irvine?
Sure hope it's Irvine...
Just spoke with CS Chat and they have no details. More to come later. I asked if we can assume it will be at a Rivian Facility (El Segundo or Irvine) and she said that would make sense, but she had no information.
Sponsored