Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I'm excited that they're starting. I'm a little sad they're making it invite-only, and basing invitations on proximity to the event. I would be willing to travel (at my own expense).

Hopefully we see many more events open up, soon -- and not limited to just the largest cities.

OP
OP
Jarico75

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

I'm excited that they're starting. I'm a little sad they're making it invite-only, and basing invitations on proximity to the event. I would be willing to travel (at my own expense).

Hopefully we see many more events open up, soon -- and not limited to just the largest cities.
I agree. I am willing to travel too!

Sponsored

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
my gas tank is full - ready for a road trip to Normal if they will just invite me!

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

I'm about 100 miles from the plant, hope that's close enough to be included in the first round of the Noraml, IL group.

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
I wonder how they determine proximity to send you an invite. Is it based on a certain mile radius or what? My best bet would be getting invited to Normal, but I’m guessing I’m out of the “range”.

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

Same. Not sure why proximity matters when so many of us are ready to drive a pretty good distance to get a chance to drive one.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Sure hope that San Diego falls within the "close proximity" of Los Angeles. Its around 120 miles between city centers. My poor luck is they'll draw the line at 100 miles

Sponsored

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Same. Not sure why proximity matters when so many of us are ready to drive a pretty good distance to get a chance to drive one.
Closer you are the more flexible they can be if they need to reschedule the event. I

f they have people flying in and the state issues new covid guidelines that force them to reschedule, that's a pain to cancel flights and hotels.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
I live in San Francisco, so will be awfully disappointed if I don't get an invite to the event here!

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired
The email also states “Invitations are based on where you live and your proximity to our event sites.”
I wonder how many miles away they consider proximity to event site? I’m 320 miles from the Seattle Service Center.

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

Closer you are the more flexible they can be if they need to reschedule the event. I

f they have people flying in and the state issues new covid guidelines that force them to reschedule, that's a pain to cancel flights and hotels.
Makes sense for those flying, but I'll be driving the 7hrs and am happy to leave at a moments notice :D
Sponsored