Sponsored

First Mile Drive tomorrow - Anything specific to look for and be mindful?

punjabi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Software
Clubs

Hello Everyone,
I am scheduled for first mile drive tomorrow. Anything specific to look for and be mindful?
Sponsored

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Hello Everyone,
I am scheduled for first mile drive tomorrow. Anything specific to look for and be mindful?
Let me know what you think about low speed noise maker with windows down. Is it annoying to you?

And if the tour guide knows how to disable the automatic ride height feature.

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
Try to drive it in as many everyday situations as you can.

OP
OP

punjabi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Software
Clubs

Drive it home....may be a while before you get one
:) i will try to bargain with the guy. they are coming to my house so may be will offer him a trade. earlier delivery time offered to me is end of this year. but not sure how it changed with their production in batch etc.

Sponsored

OP
OP

punjabi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Software
Clubs

Let me know what you think about low speed noise maker with windows down. Is it annoying to you?

Max, i will listen to the sound and let you know what i think. will ask question about automatic ride height.

Reactions: Max

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
that is great input. I will try to cover my common routes.
And try different driving modes on those routs especially if you don’t like the mode you start with for some reason.

If you have a significant other that may drive it, you may want that person check the driver seat, height and general position.

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
that is great input. I will try to cover my common routes.
Yup! That’s what I did. I drove it in some of my normal suburban roads. Stop light to stop light. Then took it on the freeway. Tried to get stuck in a little congestion to see how comfortable it was changing lanes and merging. Finally went on some less congested, more open roads.

Drove in Sport Mode and All Purpose.

Sponsored

OP
OP

punjabi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Software
Clubs

Max, as per the tour guide there is no way to disable automatic ride height feature. you have to adjust manually from console.
as for the noise maker, it didn't bother me much.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Max, as per the tour guide there is no way to disable automatic ride height feature. you have to adjust manually from console.
as for the noise maker, it didn't bother me much.
‘Thanks for the feedback. What was your overall impression? Does it drive like a truck?

OP
OP

punjabi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Software
Clubs

Yup! That’s what I did. I drove it in some of my normal suburban roads. Stop light to stop light. Then took it on the freeway. Tried to get stuck in a little congestion to see how comfortable it was changing lanes and merging. Finally went on some less congested, more open roads.

Drove in Sport Mode and All Purpose.
I did try All purpose, Conserve and Sports mode. Ride was pretty comfortable. I drove through suburb roads and then get on interstate but unfortunately interstate was pretty crowded too. but did get to see crazy acceleration and crazy brake regen.

OP
OP

punjabi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Software
Clubs

‘Thanks for the feedback. What was your overall impression? Does it drive like a truck?
I may offend lot of people with my comment, but it felt like driving a golf cart. especially the brake regen. Don't get me wrong, it is fun drive. i liked the acceleration, comfort and it is feature rich vehicle.

for me personally, i am still sticking with my order but there are few things/concerns

1. Sunroof don't open up
2. No car play
3. No running boards, it will be tough for my older parents to get in and out of truck. Lowest suspension setting did help with that but i guess running boards would help more.
4. while getting in/out from back seat, side bumper/plastic guard bruise against leg. it has sharp edge.
5. Braking Regen will take a lot of learning to master. especially at slower speed. i tried both standard and high.
6. Charging network. as per tour guide we don't have many DC chargers in texas. so that is bit of concern for out of city drives.
7. Automatic tonneau cover is very noisy which i found bit annoying.

Overall we loved the truck. it is great piece of technology. I am still going to hold my order and probably will end up buying.
Sponsored