Jay

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent
Hello All,

Wanted to check if anyone here got a chance to be at First Mile Demo Drive at Kansas City. If yes, what colors were available when you stopped by. I have my test drive event this weekend.
Sponsored

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
Hello All,

Wanted to check if anyone here got a chance to be at First Mile Demo Drive at Kansas City. If yes, what colors were available when you stopped by. I have my test drive event this weekend.
+1 on this question. I'll be there Friday of next week.

Reactions: Jay

omamatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Adventure; 2020 BMW X5
I've been down there (not for first drive). They had Launch Green, Black and White if I recall correctly.

Plummer43

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Clubs

White, LG, blue were the test trucks. They let me look at the exterior of other vehicles in service. Red, silver, black, el cap. Only black interiors.

Harvest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Rivian R1T Adventure Forest Green
Occupation
agriculture
I did my first mile drive there in KC (Olathe) a week ago and that day they had a white truck and launch green one out front for first mile drives. We were taken back into the service area (we could only go just inside the service area door, had to stay behind a dashed line) and saw a few other colors in a very large service bay, mostly from a distance. There were at least 3 other colors in there. I'm guessing at least half the vehicles in there were being prepped for delivery, but I didn't quiz the staff person about that. I'm just basing that on the fact there were 4-5 lined up in an area where there weren't any service tools.

The woman who did the first mile drive was very nice. She said the number of trucks coming in for deliveries had been increasing, and that they delivered over a fairly large multi-state area - at least 3 states I think she said. I did ask her about doing a factory pickup since we have family pretty close to the Rivian factory in Illinois, and she made it sound like that was an option but didn't offer any specifics on how to make it happen.

I've watched nearly all the Rivian R1T reviews and many other videos, so was fully prepared for the rapid acceleration in the sport mode launch test in our staff person had us try, but my wife has not watched a single video so she was shocked by the acceleration and loudly yelled a swear word from the back seat when we took off. I guess I should have warned her ; )

The truck met my expectations in terms of quality of build. The only slight disappointment was I found the seats a bit too firm for my liking (I'm in my early 60s and like a more cushioned seat), but it sounds like most customers like the seat comfort just fine.

I will say the one pedal driving took a little getting used to, not so much the aspect of not using the brake pedal as having to feather back the accelerator pedal to avoid overly rapid stops. If I just completely let up on the accelerator at city speeds it was like doing sudden hard braking in a regular vehicle. By easing back on the accelerator it was possible to more smoothly slow down.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jay

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent
I've been down there (not for first drive). They had Launch Green, Black and White if I recall correctly.
If I dont see an el cap, I know where to see one in town 😜

R1T311

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Camaro SS, 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Clubs

I was at the KC Service Center 6 days ago for my First Mile. There was an el cap there but it was an employees if I remember correctly.

tripb3

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X 100D
Occupation
IT
I was there 2 weeks ago and they had blue and white. Also probably not related but I was assigned a guide today so things may move really fast after your drive!

Underwhirled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, RIT
Occupation
Architect
I was there for a test drive a couple of weeks ago, and saw the Rivian Blue and Glacier White. Both had the Black Mountain interior. It was a pleasure to drive the RB.

Rivian R1T R1S First Mile Demo Drive- Kansas City KS 8587C5CD-4BE8-40CF-871D-9A4163B9B2EA

OP
OP

Jay

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent
I was there 2 weeks ago and they had blue and white. Also probably not related but I was assigned a guide today so things may move really fast after your drive!
I have an R1S reservation and that too adventure pack. Also my estimated window is first half of 2023. I hope I will be contacted by guide s00n😁

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

I did ask her about doing a factory pickup since we have family pretty close to the Rivian factory in Illinois, and she made it sound like that was an option but didn't offer any specifics on how to make it happen.
it is definitely an option, many folks (including myself) have done it. You can ask your guide and they can arrange it. Don't let them give you any nonsense about paying Illinois sales tax, that' s not a thing.
Sponsored