Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kevinjwangler.com
Vehicles
2014 Ford Flex, non-LE R1S preorder
Occupation
IT Director
Right? Makes me wonder if the All-Terrain "Bright" wheels are the most popular configuration.
These pictures all depict the regular AT wheels, right? NOT the Bright?
Sponsored

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

These pictures all depict the regular AT wheels, right? NOT the Bright?
Correct. These are the wheels originally offered only on the R1T, while the Bright and Dark wheels are those originally offered only on the R1S.

Temerarius

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X, 2018 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Occupation
Sr. Program Manager
Black is HARD out for me. Ive had two black WRX/STIs and while beautiful, It is not meant for an offroad vehicle lol.
Every black coloured car I've had was a magnet for dust, dirt, bird shit and rainstorms with in 24 hours of washing them.

They look GORGEOUS... for 6 hours.

Also, handwash (gently) only, else you will see every swirl and scuff.

If you do get a darker toned rig, I highly recommend both XPEL PPF (or like product) to protect the paint, and Ceramic coating to help keep it clean and cut down on UV damage.

Last edited:

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
There are already a decent number of photos of white and silver R1Ts.

The cars pictured in this thread are for an automotive press off road event, all are thus on the 20 inch wheels.

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/glacier-white-rivian-club.2011/

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/la-silver-rivian-club.2012/page-2#post-55978
Thanks a bunch, this was very helpful. Definitely Silver for me. Will never wash it and it will always look clean. I wish they had road tires on 20s standard.

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
With the white facemask tilting their head a bit, mostly blocked by the dude in the blue shirt....I mean...could be...she hasn't...guess we'll find out soon enough in the next landscape mega cut or maybe even a specific TE featurette? ??✌?

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Thanks a bunch, this was very helpful. Definitely Silver for me. Will never wash it and it will always look clean. I wish they had road tires on 20s standard.
I am going white for the same reason, I don't want to wash my car all the time. Also because its a no cost option.

Reactions: Max

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
Thank you so much. I believe this is the first high quality photo of an actual black vehicle. Seeing it will make my wife very happy.
At this point my wife doesn't care about color, she just wants the R1T in our driveway! Lol...she used to care about my color preference, but now she just wants my truck delivered.

Gearhead500

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Director of Marketing & Ecommerce
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLOW!
Launch Green for its long term value or Yellow because its Fu@king awesome. Thats the question.
*Edits- just added a preorder for a R1S in Canyon Red. Wife won't do Yellow. Who are you?

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
So, anyone knows who was invited from the press ?
Seems like Inside EVs and Transport Evolved were invited. Im guessing the roadshow with Emme Hall since she's driving the R1T for the Rebelle and maybe MT again, but this time with a more production R1T...
I don't think TFL was invited to the party.
Anyone else has any idea who else could've been invited.
I'm trying to make a list of all the reviews I'll watch and read ?

Sponsored

Vern Bybee

First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sierra, Cherokee, XJ...
White with Ocean Coast
I should have drove up
Wish this picture was posted earlier
Is it still on?

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Sr software engineer - manager
First stop for my wife's most recent black SUV was for PPF installation on the entirety of the vehicle. I wouldn't let her drive it until that task was completed. The same will be true for her R1S, assuming she holds true to form and settles on black.
I'm in on the black. We've had back cars for years and yes - the dust shows up almost instantly - but I deal with it for a look I like. The badging and yellow calipers with the black has clinched it for me. I've messaged with @DuckTruck and have also switched to limestone before reverting back. Maybe I'll price out PPF for the R1T.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I'm in on the black. We've had back cars for years and yes - the dust shows up almost instantly - but I deal with it for a look I like. The badging and yellow calipers with the black has clinched it for me. I've messaged with @DuckTruck and have also switched to limestone before reverting back. Maybe I'll price out PPF for the R1T.
Jamuso,

I've really enjoyed our interactions to date and Im looking forward to hearing what you find out about PPF for the R1T. I have feelers out regarding the cost for going with XPEL for the R1T. I have friends who have had it done on sedans and convertibles (some front-only, others more complete) and all love the finished product. That said, the R1 vehicles are huge by comparison.

Let's keep in touch!

Last edited:

SpinDoc7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback XT LTD
So, anyone knows who was invited from the press ?
Seems like Inside EVs and Transport Evolved were invited. Im guessing the roadshow with Emme Hall since she's driving the R1T for the Rebelle and maybe MT again, but this time with a more production R1T...
I don't think TFL was invited to the party.
Anyone else has any idea who else could've been invited.
I'm trying to make a list of all the reviews I'll watch and read ?
I Tweeted at Jonny Smith (@carpervert), told him he needs to book his flight to Colorado. And the boys from @FullyCharged.
Sponsored