First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
That's very weird! I can only hope it turns out to be that simple! Did you have the same exact warnings? suspension and driver+ sensors? Thanks for the info!
I had the harness issue in April '22. Same symptoms. Thought they were trying to catch these before they went critical. Was there any contact before the problem?
Sponsored

E Parx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Mine would be able to adjust height and maintain after clearing the warnings with a hard reset or letting the vehicle go to sleep. Never heard any leaks or pops of air being released. Would be interested to hear what they find on yours!
Got the truck back same day. Turns out the hose from inside the air compressor was never put on properly by the supplier and eventually fully came off but was slowly leaking for awhile.

Explains why the air compressor always kicked in when I got back in the truck. I thought that was normal behavior since it's been doing it since new. šŸ¤£ oops šŸ˜¬

Working better than ever now!

OP
OP
trmaier

trmaier

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro Hybrid, R1T El Cap, BM
Clubs

Got the truck back same day. Turns out the hose from inside the air compressor was never put on properly by the supplier and eventually fully came off but was slowly leaking for awhile.

Explains why the air compressor always kicked in when I got back in the truck. I thought that was normal behavior since it's been doing it since new. šŸ¤£ oops šŸ˜¬

Working better than ever now!
Glad you got yours back so quickly, and was a relatively quick fix!

Zybane

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Raptor 37
Occupation
Military Pilot
Having owned multiple Land Rovers with air suspensions I can say it's a bittersweet component to have equipped. I think it's going to be a sore spot for many Rivian owners new to the feature. They are historically always delicate instruments and very sensitive. This is a bit of a general comment but I can honestly say of the four LR's I've owned, I've had issues at one time or another with all of them in some compact associated to the air suspension.
Air suspensions are garbage and always a ticking time bomb. Wait until these Rivians go out of warranty.

jbronkoR1T

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure
Occupation
Music&Tech
Iā€™m having this issue now.
Since Iā€™ve had my truck, I feel like thereā€™s rattling in the front end going over small bumps. It sounds like a lot of people have had that. Was going to address whenever I had to bring it in for service for whatever. Now is whatever.
Started with the front sensors 3 weeks ago, and no cruise control on long trips is tough on the ankle.
This weekend the ā€œservice suspension soonā€ warnings have happened. Reset a few times. Seems ok now but still have sensor issues.
Also my key fob has pretty much never worked.
I decided Iā€™m likely going to sell the Rivian and get a canyon AT4x Edition 1, or a Bronco Badlands. I paid pre-order pricing so I should be able to get all my money back after these fixes.
Itā€™s a great truck and drives like nothing else Iā€™ve ever been in, but Iā€™ve decided I want zero issues with my vehicle. Iā€™d rather limit the downside and have less upside.

Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Air suspensions are garbage and always a ticking time bomb. Wait until these Rivians go out of warranty.
There are positive and negatives with everything. The truck needs the air suspension to give it the versatility it has. Everything that's expensive and has lots of features is a bad bet out of warranty. This sort of thing is nothing new in the world of luxury vehicles.

Jsidell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T
Reading through this thread, it sounds like Iā€™ve had a similar reoccurance of issues.

1. Random notification of ā€œservice suspension system soonā€ with associated error lights for driver+

2. Happened for a 2nd time last night, but additional errors lit up and went into turtle mode.

Houston/Austin service centers are packed until Mid-July for an appointment. So fingers crossed the hard resets continue to fix the problem over the next monthā€¦

First time the error popped up:
Rivian R1T R1S First major issue with R1T after 9 months and 21K miles IMG_5679

2nd time with more issues (last night):

Rivian R1T R1S First major issue with R1T after 9 months and 21K miles IMG_2918

OP
OP
trmaier

trmaier

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro Hybrid, R1T El Cap, BM
Clubs

Well, it's back from service. Turned out to be a solenoid valve that shorted out. Exact diagnosis was: Hydraulic pump valve manifold solenoid internal short.

They had to replace the hydraulic suspension manifold and drain and refill the hydraulic fluid.

Apparently, the solenoid short also disabled the blind spot warning system. After replacing the above, they ran a communications module diagnosic and cleared the warning.

Everything seems back to normal now.

TheIglu

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata
Occupation
IT
I'm having this exact issue. Bummer it needs to go into a SC for a fix, my front end is LOW and I have a 2 hour drive to get it there.

I'm also getting a bunch of other warning lights. Auto high beams not operational, sensors not available, adaptive cruise not available, etc.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I'm having this exact issue. Bummer it needs to go into a SC for a fix, my front end is LOW and I have a 2 hour drive to get it there.

I'm also getting a bunch of other warning lights. Auto high beams not operational, sensors not available, adaptive cruise not available, etc.
Won't Rivian pick it up at no cost to you?

Sponsored

TheIglu

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
It's still driveable for now, no turtle icon or anything. I towed a big trailer home from an hour away last night with no issue.

If I start driving it in and it becomes an issue, they said they'd get it towed. But no reason to have them spend that $$ driving all the way out here when I'm headed close to the SC next week for work anyways.

TheIglu

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Now it's at the Rivian SC in Chelsea MA.

Still no R1x loaners available, drove home in a beat to shit Chevy Equinox from Enterprise.

Hopefully they can identify the issue and get it fixed in a reasonable timeframe. This SC has always been pretty good. They said they are adding the washers to the axle stubs as a customer satisfaction campaign even though I haven't any "knock" issues since they replaced my axles and front drive unit last year.

I also asked them to check my rear calipers. They appear to be stuck. Rotors are starting to pit slightly from lack of use. Common up here in the New England salt-belt.

TheIglu

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Couple pins in my front drivers side ride height sensor has started to pull out of the connector, likely from misalignment during assembly at the factory. At least know what to check next time, as I did check the rear ride height sensors before giving up and dropping it off for service. Only downside is that owners can't clear out the error state on their own; need the Rivian canbus program to clear the faults. Be nice if certain non-critical faults could be reset via a hard reset.

Tech checked the brakes, basically said this is expected in environments like ours. Recommended -unofficially- to "use the brakes more". I'll toss it in neutral once in a while during driving and give those brakes the old italian tune up.

With no regen at all, you really do have to put some foot into the brakes. As expected with brakes that are likely glazed over from lack of use, and 8k lbs of Green Lightning to slow down.
Sponsored