First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Retired
@John G. I believe that in theory there are more than just these 5 individual trucks, but all the available ones fall within these builds. So there could be multiple midnight in that one build available right now. Hence why they don’t show location or VIN of them. That’s my philosophy. I can’t imagine the store just having 4-5 trucks a day given the access to the store is probably far more people at one time. These trucks would be gone within minutes or hours and not make it the entire day.
On a side note, the midnight one is one I’d snag. It’s close enough to my build. Just not a fan of the wheels
I agree. I'm sure this is just a just small sampling of what's being produced and ready to sell from this batch.

Yep, you said it. The midnight looks good to me, also. Just doesn't have the wheels or interior of my choice, or it would have been gone in a heartbeat!
Sponsored

martinb8

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
I agree. I'm sure this is just a just small sampling of what's being produced and ready to sell from this batch.

Yep, you said it. The midnight looks good to me, also. Just doesn't have the wheels or interior of my choice, or it would have been gone in a heartbeat!
@John G. Yea. I’m actually shocked at how few people have chosen midnight. It’s my go to which is good I suppose. So are you going to just wait till ocean coast then? Or do you have any compromise?

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

Given we keep seeing the same builds every day, I'm doubling down that these are planned builds. I don't believe these are orphans at all. It makes no sense the same 3-4 builds would get repeatedly orphaned.

Rivian is low on certain parts (20s, etc), and in an effort to sell as many trucks as possible they are building what they have: Adventure trim, 21s and Powered tonneau (because I don't think they have a manual tonneau yet). No spares because wheel supply is short.

I don't blame them at all for trying to sell trucks. I just think this is a moderately disingenuous effort to get people to accept less than the truck they want ("orphans") so they can expedite sales. It's the dealer convincing you to compromise and buy off the lot by telling us he's "helping us out."

John G.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Retired
@John G. Yea. I’m actually shocked at how few people have chosen midnight. It’s my go to which is good I suppose. So are you going to just wait till ocean coast then? Or do you have any compromise?
Yes, Ben. I'm going to wait for my specific build. Like you, I just happened to prefer Midnight exterior. But I never considered it to be a race to get a truck. So, I can wait for my build. And I don't feel threatened by any who preordered after me and got a truck before me. In fact, I'm glad to see them all get a RIVIAN! We're all going to enjoy having a new R1T!

I don't think it's a disingenuous effort that RIVIAN got people to accept less than the truck they want ("orphans") so they can expedite sales, but instead that RIVIAN has simply cloned the car dealer experience... online. That may be why you may be feeling the way you do?

By the way, if I hear anymore from The Shop, that is... if I'm not aced out because my week in The Shop may be over, I'll report back what I see with new available truck configurations.

martinb8

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Yes, Ben. I'm going to wait for my specific build. Like you, I just happened to prefer Midnight exterior. But I never considered it to be a race to get a truck. So, I can wait for my build. And I don't feel threatened by any who preordered after me and got a truck before me. In fact, I'm glad to see them all get a RIVIAN! We're all going to enjoy having a new R1T!

I don't think it's a disingenuous effort that RIVIAN got people to accept less than the truck they want ("orphans") so they can expedite sales, but instead that RIVIAN has simply cloned the car dealer experience... online. That may be why you may be feeling the way you do?

By the way, if I hear anymore from The Shop, that is... if I'm not aced out because my week in The Shop may be over, I'll report back what I see with new available truck configurations.
@John G. agreed on all points. I've heard of people getting emails after their shop access has expired, inviting them back to the shop shortly after or telling them they'll get access again. It'll be interesting see. I appreciate you posting the pics you have :)

Sponsored

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

@John G. - You seem very kind, wise, and patient. I have really appreciated your informative R1 shop posts. Thank you for sharing with the community here. I hope you get your preferred build soon. Looking forward to hearing more about your experiences once you become an owner!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Manager
Given we keep seeing the same builds every day, I'm doubling down that these are planned builds. I don't believe these are orphans at all. It makes no sense the same 3-4 builds would get repeatedly orphaned.

Rivian is low on certain parts (20s, etc), and in an effort to sell as many trucks as possible they are building what they have: Adventure trim, 21s and Powered tonneau (because I don't think they have a manual tonneau yet). No spares because wheel supply is short.

I don't blame them at all for trying to sell trucks. I just think this is a moderately disingenuous effort to get people to accept less than the truck they want ("orphans") so they can expedite sales. It's the dealer convincing you to compromise and buy off the lot by telling us he's "helping us out."
Well said. I have no problem with Rivian trying to move product given the massive ongoing supply-chain and other challenges they face, but I do think it's a bit sketchy to deliver vehicles with known problems, e.g., power tonneau cover. Seems like a risky calculus to disappoint their early adopters with almost certain service items.

John G.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Retired
@John G. - You seem very kind, wise, and patient. I have really appreciated your informative R1 shop posts. Thank you for sharing with the community here. I hope you get your preferred build soon. Looking forward to hearing more about your experiences once you become an owner!
Thanks shrink. Keep following your own configuration. I'll do the same. I'll keep you posted. Do as well.

John G.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Retired
Ok guys...here's the latest this evening 6/22/2022 for what's available in my window for The Shop: Again they are all Adventure Package, BM, 21" tires; and no spares:

Rivian R1T R1S First look at @ “Introducing the R1 Shop” -- Rivian website to shop for R1T that delivers in 6-8 weeks New_1

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Keep seeing my config! Just lemme in the shoooooop lol

Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

RJ told me directly in an email that Adventure reservations would have to pay for LE upgrades. My guide told me in no uncertain terms that Adventure reservations would not be allowed to see and select LE builds at all in the R1 Shop. Both of these statements are demonstrably not true.

Regardless of the numbers, if the point was to push LE holders to take builds without free wheel upgrades to save money they damn sure would be certain not to give those upgrades out for free to non-LE holders. Furthermore, as LE holders reject the builds with 21s Rivian will be forced to produce more LEs than originally intended. I suspect, like myself, most LE holders will happily wait for their upgrades.
keep it down. we dont want them to know theres a bug in their software. some of us will be able to get free wheel upgrades.

martinb8

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Anyone have vision into the shop today that wants to share snapshots of it? @John G. do you still happen to have access?

John G.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Retired
Anyone have vision into the shop today that wants to share snapshots of it? @John G. do you still happen to have access?
Hey Ben,

Earlier this morning, I found only this one Blue R1T with 21"s on the shop page. Planned go back later to check to see if Rivian would replenish the stock again.

When I did just a few minutes ago, I had no luck getting into the shop. So, this must be the end of my week for shop privileges. But I'll keep checking from time to time, and if anything changes on the page, I'll post an update. Maybe someone else enjoying shop privileges can continue posting photos?

Rivian R1T R1S First look at @ “Introducing the R1 Shop” -- Rivian website to shop for R1T that delivers in 6-8 weeks Final Shop Photo

ksujeff99

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Financial Services
My R1 Shop vehicle is scheduled for delivery tomorrow morning at 10:30. I didn't get Shop access until about 1p last Friday so it will be slightly less than a week from the time I got access to when I get my vehicle.
Sponsored