Sponsored

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

That seems to be the case as there are no inventory that has manual tonneau covers.
Earliest manual or no tonneau we are aware of on the forum isn't scheduled until an October window
Sponsored

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

They seem to be working so well and everyone raves about them. Why not??
They must be losing money hand over fist on all the repairs / service calls. Would make much more sense just to sell without a Tonneau.

Last edited:

Davethadog

First Name
YaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Trucks, bikes, excavators
Just snagged that red canyon. I saw one with 22” darks, but it must have been taken before your screenshot
If you're second half of 2019 orders and getting the invite that gives me good hope as a 6/21 order.

EBEG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2016 Pilot, 2019 Jetta
It looks like Rivian is trying to clear the warehouse of excess 21s, which is great for everyone who likes the 21s. I think I'll wait for the wheels I really want.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Earliest manual or no tonneau we are aware of on the forum isn't scheduled until an October window
Right around the time for OC interiors.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Manager
So I just locked in an El Cap with 21s from the Shop, without a spare tire, and now am getting freaked out that I won't be able to find a spare through Rivian or even in the aftermarket anytime soon. I see that TireRack has options for 20" and 22", but I'm 21". Does anyone know if there is ANY aftermarket option that could work as a spare? Not being a "car guy," would a 20 or 22 spare from TireRack work in a pinch on my truck that otherwise has 21s? Since my understanding is the the overall tire diameter would be same?? I live in a rural area with many dirt road and poor cell service and just would want something to get to civilization in a pinch.

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

So I just locked in an El Cap with 21s from the Shop, without a spare tire, and now am getting freaked out that I won't be able to find a spare through Rivian or even in the aftermarket anytime soon. I see that TireRack has options for 20" and 22", but I'm 21". Does anyone know if there is ANY aftermarket option that could work as a spare? Not being a "car guy," would a 20 or 22 spare from TireRack work in a pinch on my truck that otherwise has 21s? Since my understanding is the the overall tire diameter would be same?? I live in a rural area with many dirt road and poor cell service and just would want something to get to civilization in a pinch.
If all you need is to make it 10 miles, you could get a spare rim/tire with similar total diameter, weight, and load rating. Wouldn't be a permanent solution.

martinb8

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
@MovingtoMontanaSoon why not just try and wait for what you want? Is the anxiety now worth it? I've seen where people get invites again to the shop after their time expires and they haven't chosen one.

I feel like so many people just want a truck, and they're initial willingness to change configuration just to get a truck will eventually cause them to have regrets they didn't just wait for what they really wanted and were comfortable with. I know some won't have regrets, but many people will look back and wish they had just waited it out a little longer and got what they really wanted. For many people getting shop access right now, they have delivery windows in the next 3-5 months to get their builds as is. Is it really worth the hassle to grab a truck just for the sake of getting it instead of waiting (if that is your window)? I know many in the shop are getting those trucks within weeks, but the longer the shop is around, I feel like the closer those times will be to the 6-8 week suggested window. For those early preorders, is waiting an extra couple months not worth it after waiting 3+ years? I know those delivery windows could shift again, but I do think Rivian is closer to meeting this time then in the past. Now the R1S and ocean coast issues are different altogether and I wouldn't bank on those meeting current windows if I'm being honest.

kewlasu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LA Silver Adventure Large Pack 21"
Clubs

I see only 3 left for today. A RC with no spare, 1 FG with spare, 1 FG with no spare. All 21's.

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Just snagged that red canyon. I saw one with 22” darks, but it must have been taken before your screenshot
Congrats! If I had access, I would have been tempted by that one as well. Letting go of your Christmas configuration (Red/Green), though? That would have been unique!

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Manager
@MovingtoMontanaSoon why not just try and wait for what you want? Is the anxiety now worth it? I've seen where people get invites again to the shop after their time expires and they haven't chosen one.

I feel like so many people just want a truck, and they're initial willingness to change configuration just to get a truck will eventually cause them to have regrets they didn't just wait for what they really wanted and were comfortable with. I know some won't have regrets, but many people will look back and wish they had just waited it out a little longer and got what they really wanted. For many people getting shop access right now, they have delivery windows in the next 3-5 months to get their builds as is. Is it really worth the hassle to grab a truck just for the sake of getting it instead of waiting (if that is your window)? I know many in the shop are getting those trucks within weeks, but the longer the shop is around, I feel like the closer those times will be to the 6-8 week suggested window. For those early preorders, is waiting an extra couple months not worth it after waiting 3+ years? I know those delivery windows could shift again, but I do think Rivian is closer to meeting this time then in the past. Now the R1S and ocean coast issues are different altogether and I wouldn't bank on those meeting current windows if I'm being honest.
Reasonable perspective. For me, it's just the spare (for now) that I'm sacrificing. Guide says spare wheels will be able to be ordered "very soon." But we know Rivian has a loose definition of 'soon.' Just sort of surprised there no full size spare available, even aftermarket. And my original delivery window is/was 6 months away, and the waiting frankly is getting old. Not to mention they say you go to the back of the line if you bail on the expedited Shop configuration!

martinb8

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Reasonable perspective. For me, it's just the spare (for now) that I'm sacrificing. Guide says spare wheels will be able to be ordered "very soon." But we know Rivian has a loose definition of 'soon.' Just sort of surprised there no full size spare available, even aftermarket. And my original delivery window is/was 6 months away, and the waiting frankly is getting old. Not to mention they say you go to the back of the line if you bail on the expedited Shop configuration!
@MovingtoMontanaSoon agreed the spare is probably the most minor thing to compromise on next to the tonneau cover. I feel like the rumor of "going to the back of the line" is just made up entirely. That would go beyond sensable logic and there is no reason to punish someone who chooses to just wait for their build. According to my guide, if you don't pick a truck in your shop window, your build will be processed in the order it was placed, based on how Rivian is batching them.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Manager
@MovingtoMontanaSoon agreed the spare is probably the most minor thing to compromise on next to the tonneau cover. I feel like the rumor of "going to the back of the line" is just made up entirely. That would go beyond sensable logic and there is no reason to punish someone who chooses to just wait for their build. According to my guide, if you don't pick a truck in your shop window, your build will be processed in the order it was placed, based on how Rivian is batching them.
Yes, that all sounds right. I'm referring to what happens if you lock in a shop vehicle and bail on that.

martinb8

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Yes, that all sounds right. I'm referring to what happens if you lock in a shop vehicle and bail on that.
@MovingtoMontanaSoon I know if you match and change your mind within your window period, you can have your guide reject your match and then you get access again to the shop if it's within the window still. Not sure if you do it outside of that window. I've heard of people who matched even getting an email after their window closed that they can get access again to the shop, but I'm assuming that was a glitch at the beginning of the shop.