First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T MY
Occupation
entrepreneur/ski race coach
Well I told you I would give you an update on how long it too to go from right coast to left coast, well pretty fast.
Rivian R1T R1S First look at @ “Introducing the R1 Shop” -- Rivian website to shop for R1T that delivers in 6-8 weeks Screenshot 2022-06-13 125131

So after talking to the Mgr at the SC I got the real info on the truck. It was originally assigned to Brooklyn NY, however the buyer backed out and it was shipped from Normal to Portland, divine intervention? who knows. The guides don't have all the info on tracking but the SC's do. It also appears that your ticket to the "shop" does try to locate vehicles that are indeed close to your location.

EMama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV-4
Occupation
retired
Was gonna say, October 2019 is not really early...
From the excuses I got when I heard from Caravano, March 2019 apparently was early enough, but being 2 hours away from the Sacramento Service Center and configuring the R1S as LE Green/FE interior, and 21" road wheels somehow created problems. Moved to October/December (this time)

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
Well I told you I would give you an update on how long it too to go from right coast to left coast, well pretty fast.
Screenshot 2022-06-13 125131.png

So after talking to the Mgr at the SC I got the real info on the truck. It was originally assigned to Brooklyn NY, however the buyer backed out and it was shipped from Normal to Portland, divine intervention? who knows. The guides don't have all the info on tracking but the SC's do. It also appears that your ticket to the "shop" does try to locate vehicles that are indeed close to your location.
Congrats and thank you for starting this thread. I wasn't a customer for the shop but found it very insightful. Much gratitude from the community

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
U will.....it's coming. Make sure u have a plan on possible choices.....apparently you have to move quickly
Are R1S reservations being invited to the shop?

Sponsored

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Are R1S reservations being invited to the shop?
I don't know the answer, but thought about this same question and can't see how this would occur if they mentioned they are focusing on employee deliveries for the R1S first.
I think that is called a run-on sentence.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

For giggles, I contacted Rivian support and asked if I could get access to the R1 Shop. I mean it worked for Kyle. Very pleasant CS agent told me that I‘m already on the list for the R1 Shop but they are giving preference to those that ordered early. Honestly, that’s great. But I had to at least ask. 😁

OP
OP
M00v0vr

M00v0vr

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T MY
Occupation
I think this thread is beating a dead horse but I just got an email saying the one that I snagged from the shop is ready to be scheduled for delivery. I'm a little uneasy it's some return.... That makes it about 5 days from access to the shop to being able to schedule delivery...
Whats your VIN?

OP
OP
M00v0vr

M00v0vr

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T MY
Occupation

Carmelbythesea

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T & 2020 Tesla Model Y LR & R1S on order
I am 7035 - pretty sure it was a big batch of limestones. Same config minus the spare.

From my few Tesla orders over the years, I imagine rivian does something similar. Quick recap Tesla pushes cars to the east coast start of quarter and end of quarter delivers all the west coast cars.

Rivian is probably doing the opposite and pushing out west coast cars start of the quarter.

I’m still amazed I’m picking up truck this weekend. I was originally a October - December delivery.

Sponsored

ksujeff99

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Financial Services
With an early preorder date, I reached out to CS last night to see what they could tell me about invites to the R1 Shop.

Rivian Chat Transcript: 6/13/22

6/13/2022, 5:47:10 PM - CS Rep: Hi Jeff, thank you for reaching out to Rivian. My name is XXXXX. How may I assist you today?
------
6/13/2022, 5:49:28 PM - Jeff: Hi, I was just checking on the R1 Shop. I have a January 2019 preorder, which I think is pretty early and haven’t heard anything yet
------
6/13/2022, 5:51:58 PM - CS Rep: I believe that we are sending those invitations out on a weekly basis in batches to control the traffic on the shop.
------
6/13/2022, 5:54:37 PM - Jeff: I feel at times like my 3+ year preorder is forgotten
------
6/13/2022, 5:54:44 PM - CS Rep: You will likely be sent an invitation soon, but it will be sent to you through email and also reflected on your account page.
------
6/13/2022, 5:56:05 PM - CS Rep: To my understanding, the first interactions on the R1 Shop were testers to the purchasing process on the site before it became active to the public.
------
6/13/2022, 5:57:18 PM - Jeff: So, in a nutshell, nothing I can do, nothing you see in my account, I should just sit and wait?
------
6/13/2022, 5:59:23 PM - CS Rep: I do see you have received a refreshed window for your configuration from September to October. You may receive your invitation to the R1 Shop before delivery, and from there you can browse through the available configurations ready for delivery.
------
6/13/2022, 6:00:26 PM - Jeff: That’s not encouraging but I know it’s the best you can offer me right now with the information you have. Thanks for your help.
------
6/13/2022, 6:01:45 PM - CS Rep: I'm glad to help in any way I can. The R1 Shop has been active for a little over a week, so those invitations will roll out progressively. That is the best insight I have for access at this time.
------
6/13/2022, 6:01:59 PM - Jeff: Thank you again. Have a good night!
------
6/13/2022, 6:02:12 PM - CS Rep: Likewise, Jeff!

OP
OP
M00v0vr

M00v0vr

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T MY
Occupation
So I'm sharing my continuing journey as one of the 1st res holder to be granted access to the "R1 Shop".
I received the following yesterday after my delivery appt was confirmed on the phone w/ SC Mgr. and via email.

Appointment Cancellation
Hi Alan,
We have canceled your upcoming delivery appointment.
Delivery Location: XXXXX St, Portland, OR 97210
Delivery Experience: Guided Rivian Home Delivery
Date/Time: June 15, 2022 at 4:00:00 PM PDT
Need to reschedule? You can reschedule your appointment at any time by emailing your Guide or [email protected].
— Team Rivian

The Mgr. of the SC texted me to confirm that the truck was indeed @ the NY SC and was working to get it out to Portland ASAP. So it seems after it is added to your account it is transferred to the SC you are associated with and is then it is added to their site report with all the details needed for delivery, i.e. mileage, PDI status etc. I also had a great talk with him and he let me know how the trucks end up in the "R1 Shop". Most but not not all of them are there because the res holder changed their config between PBA signing/config confirmation and taking final delivery. I don't know if PBA signing is the trigger to start the production/ VIN assignment process or config confirmation. I would think it would be "Config Confirm" would be, however the timing on the production stamp is closer to PBA signing.
Now the very cool thing IMO, they are delivering a loner for me to use while I wait for it to show up. I know this journey has been frustrating for people who have had reservations for multiple years. I have been assigned multiple trucks only to have the delivery delayed/canceled, however this is a start-up working through all the processes and IMO they are really trying to do right by their customers and shareholders.
P.S. be nice to C.S. they are just doing their job.

ksujeff99

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Financial Services
Interesting that the truck really was in NY. If that continues forward, then location seems not to matter when granting access to the R1 Shop and/or showing what vehicles are available.

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
Interesting that the truck really was in NY. If that continues forward, then location seems not to matter when granting access to the R1 Shop and/or showing what vehicles are available.
Yeah which doesn't seem financially prudent to me. The Shop should also tell you where the truck is. If I'm torn between two I'm going to take the closer one.

OP
OP
M00v0vr

M00v0vr

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T MY
Occupation
That is exactly what the CS Mgr. told me, they want to get these trucks into the hands of early res holders.
Sponsored