First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T MY
Occupation
entrepreneur/ski race coach
I received the following email on Wednesday, per my guide I was one of the 1st to receive due to my early res date, Oct 2019.
Rivian R1T R1S First look at @ “Introducing the R1 Shop” -- Rivian website to shop for R1T that delivers in 6-8 weeks Screenshot 2

When exploring the "Shop" you are presented with the current inventory available for selection at that time, and yes it does change in real time. I was going to pull the trigger on a config that was very close to mine and In between the time it took to ask my wife if she liked GW over LG, poof it was gone. With that said some of the same trucks (mostly with 21 & 22" wheels)were still there on Friday when I actually did pull the trigger for real, more on that later.

Rivian R1T R1S First look at @ “Introducing the R1 Shop” -- Rivian website to shop for R1T that delivers in 6-8 weeks Sho

You can filter for "Color, Wheels, Interior Color, Tow Hooks, Underbody Shield, Tonneau cover and Spare Tire". When you find something you like you just confirm you config and its added to your account and your access to the Shop is no longer available. At this point I have to add "Be Careful" on your clicks, I was letting my 12 yr old search the inventory and he added a config to my account that was not of my choosing. Luckily my guide was able to fix the mistake and in 30 minutes or so I was able to re-enter the shop. I had come to the conclusion that I was just going to wait for my config to go into production and let my access to the shop expire (you receive 1 week of access) and low and behold I just happened to go into the shop yesterday afternoon and sitting there was my exact config minus the spare, I pulled the trigger, I'll let you know how long it take to get from right coast to left coast. Regarding the spare, it does not transfer and if I want one, which I do, I will have to find someone in my neck of the woods I can persuade to add to their order and pay them for it because the only way to get one now is through the gear shop and per my guide that's going to be a long time away. I think what was holding up my res was the 20" wheels, I believe they are in short order which makes sense if you see what's being delivered. I'm still a little bit unsure of my decision to use the "Shop" instead of just waiting for my truck to go into
production, but a bird in the hand :) I want to mention all in all I like this way of purchasing a vehicle, I have purchased over 20 cars/trucks in my life an have only bought 1 off the lot. For the most part you can config to your liking and get what you really want as long as it comes with a "powered tonneau cover" oh I won't go there.

Hope this is helpful to other folks on the forum, they can be a great time suck, however they can also be useful if you share info that can be helpful to others like the Hazard Log hack: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...rvice-techs-find-logs-ahead-of-visiting.5114/

Cheers

AP
Sponsored

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mercedes EQS SUV
Do you have a sense of how many vehicles were available in the "Shop?"

OP
OP
M00v0vr

M00v0vr

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T MY
Occupation

agame32

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
The most I saw at anytime was 16, the fewest 11
Oh I was expecting more. My next thought was that these 11-16 trucks must be near your area, but didn’t you also mention the truck you selected is now shipping cross country? I thought the point of this is to quickly deliver existing, mid-matched inventory. Shipping cross country doesn’t seem efficient.

Sponsored

OP
OP
M00v0vr

M00v0vr

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T MY
Occupation
Oh I was expecting more. My next thought was that these 11-16 trucks must be near your area, but didn’t you also mention the truck you selected is now shipping cross country? I thought the point of this is to quickly deliver existing, mid-matched inventory. Shipping cross country doesn’t seem efficient.
Yes, I couldn't agree more. I think Rivian should also include the location & Vin of the Trucks that are available, it would help with the decision making process and reduce work on their part.

ksujeff99

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Financial Services
Were you assigned a guide before receiving the email or was the email your first indication you were ramping up for purchase?
I’d like to know this as well, especially as someone with a January 2019 preorder who has heard nothing from Rivian beyond Tony’s sweet, sweet confusing poetry.

**Edit** nevermind. I see OP had a first guide contact April 24. Well shit…

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, Acura TLX, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I’d like to know this as well, especially as someone with a January 2019 preorder who has heard nothing from Rivian beyond Tony’s sweet, sweet confusing poetry.

**Edit** nevermind. I see OP had a first guide contact April 24. Well shit…
Thanks - didn’t catch the guide contact in April…

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

16 seems like a really small number for all the people who would like to be moved up in line. I understand the trucks available are supposedly location dependent, but it makes zero sense they would have to ship your truck across country?

I read this as trying to mollify the earliest reservation holders, but at the same time use the parts they have in stock. Certain things are in short supply, such as 20in wheels (apparently), non-powered tonneau (God knows why?) and spare tires. They can just sell the trucks they have the parts for without really admitting they can't build what you want.

I would be happy with any of about 5 colors. However, I have certain deal breakers. While initially excited about the Shop, I'm getting less so the more I hear about it. I'm fairly sure I'll end up waiting for something closish to what I really want.

My suggestion for Rivian that will never be heard or heeded: let people flag "close enough" builds, and if that build pops up give people the option to automatically assign it to them. Order of preference would be exclusively order date and location.

Sponsored

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
My suggestion for Rivian that will never be heard or heeded: let people flag "close enough" builds, and if that build pops up give people the option to automatically assign it to them. Order of preference would be exclusively order date and location.
That's a great suggestion and I do wish they would consider implementing it.

However, I reserve the "right" to be pissed at you if you somehow get your Rivian before I do! 🤣

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
16 seems like a really small number for all the people who would like to be moved up in line. I understand the trucks available are supposedly location dependent, but it makes zero sense they would have to ship your truck across country?

I read this as trying to mollify the earliest reservation holders, but at the same time use the parts they have in stock. Certain things are in short supply, such as 20in wheels (apparently), non-powered tonneau (God knows why?) and spare tires. They can just sell the trucks they have the parts for without really admitting they can't build what you want.

I would be happy with any of about 5 colors. However, I have certain deal breakers. While initially excited about the Shop, I'm getting less so the more I hear about it. I'm fairly sure I'll end up waiting for something closish to what I really want.

It sounds like they're going up and getting snapped up so not too bad imo.

I plan on scripting an alert for myself if I ever get invited to the shop to notify me of something that meets my requirements.

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

It sounds like they're going up and getting snapped up so not too bad imo.

I plan on scripting an alert for myself if I ever get invited to the shop to notify me of something that meets my requirements.
I would love to contract out exactly that process to one of you computer whizzes, as it seems otherwise I'm at a disadvantage.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
I received the following email on Wednesday, per my guide I was one of the 1st to receive due to my early res date, Oct 2019.

When exploring the "Shop" you are presented with the current inventory available for selection at that time, and yes it does change in real time. I was going to pull the trigger on a config that was very close to mine and In between the time it took to ask my wife if she liked GW over LG, poof it was gone. With that said some of the same trucks (mostly with 21 & 22" wheels)were still there on Friday when I actually did pull the trigger for real, more on that later.

You can filter for "Color, Wheels, Interior Color, Tow Hooks, Underbody Shield, Tonneau cover and Spare Tire". When you find something you like you just confirm you config and its added to your account and your access to the Shop is no longer available. At this point I have to add "Be Careful" on your clicks, I was letting my 12 yr old search the inventory and he added a config to my account that was not of my choosing. Luckily my guide was able to fix the mistake and in 30 minutes or so I was able to re-enter the shop. I had come to the conclusion that I was just going to wait for my config to go into production and let my access to the shop expire (you receive 1 week of access) and low and behold I just happened to go into the shop yesterday afternoon and sitting there was my exact config minus the spare, I pulled the trigger, I'll let you know how long it take to get from right coast to left coast. Regarding the spare, it does not transfer and if I want one, which I do, I will have to find someone in my neck of the woods I can persuade to add to their order and pay them for it because the only way to get one now is through the gear shop and per my guide that's going to be a long time away. I think what was holding up my res was the 20" wheels, I believe they are in short order which makes sense if you see what's being delivered. I'm still a little bit unsure of my decision to use the "Shop" instead of just waiting for my truck to go into
production, but a bird in the hand :) I want to mention all in all I like this way of purchasing a vehicle, I have purchased over 20 cars/trucks in my life an have only bought 1 off the lot. For the most part you can config to your liking and get what you really want as long as it comes with a "powered tonneau cover" oh I won't go there.

Hope this is helpful to other folks on the forum, they can be a great time suck, however they can also be useful if you share info that can be helpful to others like the Hazard Log hack: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...rvice-techs-find-logs-ahead-of-visiting.5114/

Cheers

AP
Congrats. Great to see this work. Brings up some questions:

• Do you know if you let your week expire, you still could get another offer later? or it is a once in a life time opportunity?
  • Was there any info before or after selection about what is the story about the truck and why it is in the shop?
  • Very curious as this goes on, if older R1S and explore reservations get R1T Adventure shopping offers.
I probably would still wait for my window even if I get the offer for an R1T Adventure.

OP
OP
M00v0vr

M00v0vr

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T MY
Occupation
Congrats. Great to see this work. Brings up some questions:

• Do you know if you let your week expire, you still could get another offer later? or it is a once in a life time opportunity?
  • Was there any info before or after selection about what is the story about the truck and why it is in the shop?
  • Very curious as this goes on, if older R1S and explore reservations get R1T Adventure shopping offers.
I probably would still wait for my window even if I get the offer for an R1T Adventure.
#1 Per the FAQ's inside the "Shop" Your windows ends in 7 days, there may be another opportunity at a later time.
#2 No info is available before selecting, the VIN shows up in your account immediately. BTW I would have canceled if it had been a very low VIN however that was not the case. It was for the one my son accidently added to my account (low 21XX). I found out the current location from my guide and it appears that the person who ordered it had a last minute change of plans because their trade originally showed up on my account. I don't know if it has already gone through PDI.
#3 I doubt it, if you want to play that game I think you would have to change your config.
Sponsored

Reactions: Max