Sponsored

dilmorecg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Rivian R1T, '19 Raptor, '15 Porsche 911 GTS
I am 12/21 preorder in Denver and have not even been assigned a guide to ask for access…
I just got my guide like a week and a half ago. I had just updated my configuration to add underbody and got Confirmation to configure 2 days later. Not sure if they were planning on doing a big batch or what. I didn’t really want underbody but figured it was worth a shot to try to get it sooner.
Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I just got my guide like a week and a half ago. I had just updated my configuration to add underbody and got Confirmation to configure 2 days later. Not sure if they were planning on doing a big batch or what. I didn’t really want underbody but figured it was worth a shot to try to get it sooner.
And when was your preorder date?

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
9/21 preorder (well 8/31 preorder, but I guess the deposit wasn't posted till 9/1).

no guide. no store access.

There is a lot of range in who gets a guide or not. Hence the term Rivian Lottery.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
9/21 preorder (well 8/31 preorder, but I guess the deposit wasn't posted till 9/1).

no guide. no store access.

There is a lot of range in who gets a guide or not. Hence the term Rivian Lottery.
Demonstrated right there!

Interestingly, I don't really want to take delivery until early 2023 anyways so I'm not totally disappointed but still....

Sponsored

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
Demonstrated right there!

Interestingly, I don't really want to take delivery until early 2023 anyways so I'm not totally disappointed but still....
I am in a weirder situation (of my own choosing, so...) where I don't have a car right now. So I personally would love the R1T before the really cold weather gets here.

That said, if I know it won't be till early, mid, or even late 2023 (eeek, I hate even typing that), I can just buy a beater car to get me through winter.

It's the not knowing that's tough. I keep eyeing the local used cars, but I'm good on a bicycle for another month or two.

November will mean layers. December, more layers and maybe the bus on really bad days.
Or just get the beater car and be done with it.
Eyeing up a couple of old Honda Elements. Would allow me to go up to the mountains on the weekends and then I could maybe save to give to my granddaughter in a couple of years? Though I'd probably rather she get an EV as her first car (safer).

Biturbowned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Model Y, ‘22 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

As a datapoint: 5/21 preorder, originally an Explore trim with 1H 2023 delivery window. Got the email asking me to confirm my address to get access to the store w/in weeks. Never heard from a guide. I’ll post an update if/when I get in.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
I bribed Rivian C/S to give me shop access.

It did not work.

I have upped the bribe to no response. I assume they are taking it up the chain.

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
I bribed Rivian C/S to give me shop access.

It did not work.

I have upped the bribe to no response. I assume they are taking it up the chain.

It could be that Rivian has seen your avatar and are afraid that is the first custom modification you plan to do to your R1T :)

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

its hard to determine what factors
As a datapoint: 5/21 preorder, originally an Explore trim with 1H 2023 delivery window. Got the email asking me to confirm my address to get access to the store w/in weeks. Never heard from a guide. I’ll post an update if/when I get in.
login to your account. you might have one assigned but they just haven't reached out to you yet. if you have one you can proactively reach out to them first. you can check by clicking on the question mark at the bottom left corner of the screen.

Sponsored

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
It could be that Rivian has seen your avatar and are afraid that is the first custom modification you plan to do to your R1T :)
There is a very real possibility they are now ignoring me.

We've gone back a forth a few times, each time they've prepared a pretty immaculate corporate "no" response, and my next email completely disregards the "no" and is something along the line of, "you drive a hard bargain, now I will offer X+1. Such an attractive offer no one could refuse". I'm at X+2 at this point so we will see! We're at a box of fancy donuts, fancy cookies, and a hearty handshake.

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
There is a very real possibility they are now ignoring me.

We've gone back a forth a few times, each time they've prepared a pretty immaculate corporate "no" response, and my next email completely disregards the "no" and is something along the line of, "you drive a hard bargain, now I will offer X+1. Such an attractive offer no one could refuse". I'm at X+2 at this point so we will see! We're at a box of fancy donuts, fancy cookies, and a hearty handshake.
Perhaps they are waiting on an offer of hearty donuts, hearty cooties, and a fancy handshake?

Fencer

First Name
Vlad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
govt
My story and timing as well...

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Lightning Standard
Exactly the same situation here. I doubt there will be an ocean coast in the store, but we'll see....

dilmorecg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Rivian R1T, '19 Raptor, '15 Porsche 911 GTS
Exactly the same situation here. I doubt there will be an ocean coast in the store, but we'll see....
There were lots of OC options when I got access to the shop. I switched my configuration from limestone/FE to blue/OC which I originally wanted but was worried I’d have to wait longer to get it.
Sponsored