Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Jeep J10 (Pickup Truck) & 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Data Analytics and Intelligence
Clubs

No action today in Minneapolis shop... Forest Green / Forest Edge becomes more tempting every time I login even though my confirmed config is Rivian Blue / Ocean Coast and my guide said Ocean Coast is on the production line....
Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 20.44.02.png

Still these same three configurations in Chicagoland today as well. These three have been the only ones available since Saturday except one I saw was a Black with Black interior that was gone quickly.
Sponsored

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Don’t compromise for a truck that’s “close” to your configuration. You may regret your decision. Trust me, I know the temptation as I am holding out for the light and airy Orange Coast interior.

These are premium priced $75-$85k trucks. Please be patient grasshopapers😄

justintime

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
so something strange just happened. Last night I noticed that i had access to the shop without ever receiving an email. Was toying with the idea of 21" tires as 20" were not available in the color(s) i wanted. This morning while in the middle of the session of playing around with those options, I lost access to the shop. As in, the link is gone from the home page and i can not see the shop anymore. reached out to my guide and he said it is indeed strange and he will check with the "tech team" and get back to me. Not only this, i even lost "configuration confirmed" message in my account and now the website is allowing me to reconfigure my options. Hope that i did not lose my place in line. I had already signed PBA last week and this hiccup better not cost me my tax credit.

Kinda bummed that i had access and might have found something sooner than my delivery timeline (Oct-Nov 2022). Did anyone else experience this? If so, did you get access to the shop restored?

Background:
Ordered R1S in Sep 2021
Changed to R1T in Oct 2021
Config ready to confirm email: 8/10
Guide Assigned: 8/10
Call with Guide: 8/11 (Changed color from Blue to El Cap)
Follow-up call to "beg" for early delivery: 8/15
Access to Shop opened: 8/17 (12:00AM)
Access to shop lost: ~11:05AM

Config selected: El Cap, Long range quad motor, Underbody shield, 20" wheel, Powered Tonneau

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
What is typical time between "Confirm Delivery Address" email and actual access to the Shop?

Timo

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 cummins | 1994 FZJ80 | 2021 Bolt
R1T shop inventory and geographic location.

Hi everyone, for those of you that don't want to look back through 800+ messages, the R1T shops are somehow broken up regionally. There is occasionally overlap, but that could be due to either the exact same configuration for unique trucks in different cities, or because the shops are showing local inventory plus central inventory from the factory.

There is no strict schedule to additions to the shop inventories but I've never seen a weekend or middle of the night add. Most adds seem to happen between 9a and 6p central time and there have been adds at all hours in that window.

From the past 10 days of tracking the posts on inventory:
Atlanta/Charlotte/Chicago/San Diego/Washington St/Salt Lake/Minneapolis all see the same shop.
Denver seems to have its own.
DFW seems to have its own.
Mid Atlantic seems to have its own.
South Florida seems to have its own.
Thank you for this. Just received my email today about getting access to the shop. It's great to see a dedicated thread for updates. Can't believe the day is finally close...seems like I sent RJ my $1k a lifetime ago. :)

Sponsored

LTD in CBTS

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3, Vespa 300, R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I hope you like Compass Yellow. There are 2 nice ones in the shop and 1 Forest Green. Both with FE interior.

a76marine

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Jeep J10 (Pickup Truck) & 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Data Analytics and Intelligence
Clubs

It seems to me like they are adding a LOT of us to the shop in the past week, while simultaneously not adding a lot of new trucks to the shop.

This is going to turn into a bloodbath of whoever can hit the button the quickest when any new trucks DO finally post.

EDIT: The shop seems to have lost its exclusivity

Timo

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I hope you like Compass Yellow. There are 2 nice ones in the shop and 1 Forest Green. Both with FE interior.
Forest Green is on my maybe list. I configured white. Limestone is a close second. The wife has her say as well. We've seen LE, moonstone, yellow, blue and forest in person locally so far. No white or silver.

Timo

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It seems to me like they are adding a LOT of us to the shop in the past week, while simultaneously not adding a lot of new trucks to the shop.

This is going to turn into a bloodbath of whoever can hit the button the quickest when any new trucks DO finally post.

EDIT: The shop seems to have lost its exclusivity
Would be interesting to see if that's true or just anecdotal. I just joined the forum now that i'm getting close but I watch reddit every single day. I haven't seen a big uptick in people getting added at all. I was actually shocked when I got the email. My window is Nov-Dec.

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
Do you get to see VIN before you select in the Shop?

Sponsored

LTD in CBTS

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3, Vespa 300, R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I don't think so a least not what I can see. I have not had the nerve to click on a truck color that I don't want to test that out for fear of losing access. Maybe someone who took one from the shop can comment on that.

Md2003

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Occupation
Physician
What is typical time between "Confirm Delivery Address" email and actual access to the Shop?
for me it was 24hrs. That being said as I said before I actually had access a full 8hrs before I received the “you can now access the shop” email. I just happened to login the next day around 11am and the shop link was there

Md2003

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Occupation
Physician
I don't think so a least not what I can see. I have not had the nerve to click on a truck color that I don't want to test that out for fear of losing access. Maybe someone who took one from the shop can comment on that.
i don’t recall seeing VIN until after confirmed. But I’d be careful I don’t think it’s much of a safety mechanism to select your vehicle and then you are locked into it. I was a bit on the fence selecting and I confirmed it figuring there would be one additional level of confirmation if that makes sense… I don’t know how else to explain it. But then you’re locked in and outside of contacting guide or rivian you can’t go back

EBEG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2016 Pilot, 2019 Jetta
I got the shop access email today. However, I just moved a couple of hours away from where I used to live (further from the nearest SC). If I update my delivery address (which is my former business address), will it adversely affect my access to the shop or delivery? I'm thinking yes, but since it is just the delivery address, could I take delivery there and have them send the charger to a different address? Obviously they are prioritizing delivery to places close to a SC, but cars move all over. It seems like the kind of thing where mentioning the new address later is better for me, even if it irritates them.
Sponsored