Sponsored

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
My sacrifice for 21s can help y'all get your 20's and 22's.

(I've always wanted the 21s....)
Sponsored

Ronin

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Tacoma
Occupation
Problem Solver
Clubs

Weekend update for the Chicago/Atlanta/San Diego shop; one Forest Green picked up by someone yesterday, one Midnight Black added today. Current count is 13 trucks, all Forest Edge.

Last edited:

Siguy90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I hate lotteries. this one is especially hateable.
This. I never had any luck in any lottery type thing in my life. Even if I am a late preorder and the "Rivian lottery" is in my favor I would much rather have it so as close to sequential based off order date and with specified configurations that can accelerate/delay delivery.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
I love the Forest Edge interior but $2k seems rather steep for a minor color change. It would look awesome though with a Midnight Black exterior.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
So I'll add another data point to this. Up until yesterday I had my address in DFW set as my delivery address because that's where I expected to be during my anticipated delivery window. The address is about 40 miles from the DFW SC. Yesterday, as a test, I changed my delivery address to my permanent address in Charleston, which is ~250 miles from the ATL SC. This morning, on a whim, I changed my delivery address to where I spend my time during the week in Clemson, SC, which is about 120 miles from the ATL SC. This evening got invited to lock my configuration. The only thing I changed in that process was my delivery address.

Could be total coincidence, but unlikely. My guess is, ATL is getting a higher output right now than DFW (could be several reasons), and the acceptable delivery radius for Rivian right now is between 130 miles and 250 miles.
I'm going to try your experiment...my parents live 13 miles from the SC in Atlanta which may be my new address.

Ronin

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Tacoma
Occupation
Problem Solver
Clubs

It was a busy weekend for the Chicago/Atlanta/San Diego shop; only 5 trucks left after starting with 13 on Friday night. No new trucks added over the weekend and the 5 trucks left are all still Adventures with Forest Edge interior. There is a Forest Green with RUS, spare tire, and dark 22" wheels and the rest are basic 21s in blue, el cap, limestone, and another forest green.

Ronin

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Tacoma
Occupation
Problem Solver
Clubs

Data Point:
Chicago/Atlanta/San Diego shop added two trucks around 11:15a, one black and one blue, both with FE interior. There are now 7. This is the second time in the past week that trucks got added around this time.

ChampagneUnicorn

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (preorder), XC90 Recharge, 65 Riviera GS
Occupation
Gnome Figurine Day Trader
Clubs

Data Point:
Chicago/Atlanta/San Diego shop added two trucks around 11:15a, one black and one blue, both with FE interior. There are now 7. This is the second time in the past week that trucks got added around this time.
@Ronin, Thanks for all the updates!! Any chance you can post pics with your excellent Vin Scully broadcasting updates boss? Asking for a friend..

LTD in CBTS

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3, Vespa 300, R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Now there are 7 including a Blue with FE and 20" AT Bright with reinforced underbody shield

Sponsored

Flexnet

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sold 9/08/22 - 15 Ford F-150 Platinum FX4 off-road
Occupation
Project Manager
I'm going to try your experiment...my parents live 13 miles from the SC in Atlanta which may be my new address.
Good luck. Watching to see if it helps you out!

Ronin

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Tacoma
Occupation
Problem Solver
Clubs

Back down to 5. Trying to post the full inventory this time.
Also, my 1 week of access to the shop was supposed to end at noon today and for now I still have it, so I'm another one confirming that the "limited time" is longer than a week.

Attachments

LTD in CBTS

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3, Vespa 300, R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

yep. 5 it is. I have had access for 3 weeks. No end in sight and no end in sight of Forest Edge interiors.

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Now there are 7 including a Blue with FE and 20" AT Bright with reinforced underbody shield
I bit the bullet and grabbed that one (it comes with a spare, too) - after much debate over Forest Edge. I'm trusting that it's more gray in person. If it's not, at least I can enjoy the lovely wood grain. I'm calling it the Seahawks build.

Was trying to hold out for Max Pack and Ocean Coast - and would have taken Black Mountain even though that's not ideal in the desert - but I just couldn't wait anymore.

Don't love the A/T Bright either, but I'll just powder coat them.

gunslinger201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T and a '22 IS500 Launch Edition
Occupation
Professional Scapegoat
Back down to 5. Trying to post the full inventory this time.
Also, my 1 week of access to the shop was supposed to end at noon today and for now I still have it, so I'm another one confirming that the "limited time" is longer than a week.
@Ronin and @LTD in CBTS - have you locked your respective configs yet? Just curious...
I was told by my guide that even after you lock your config, you still retain shop access. I've had it for almost two months and will retain it until I get assigned a VIN - which, at this point, I'm not even confident God knows when that will be... :)
Sponsored