Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I see my exact config here....man it kinda sucks to see the exact truck you are waiting on being unclaimed but unable to do anything about it. Then again, I know there's someone who's probably been waiting longer than me who will end up getting it, so it's probably fair.

gtlevan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I see my exact config here....man it kinda sucks to see the exact truck you are waiting on being unclaimed but unable to do anything about it. Then again, I know there's someone who's probably been waiting longer than me who will end up getting it, so it's probably fair.
I'm wondering if it isn't claimed within the week by an "earlier" reservation holder - it may get released to the waiting list of preolder holders.

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
Has anyone seen that GW/FE combo in person? Been holding out for the OC interior, but could be tempted by this combo....

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I'm wondering if it isn't claimed within the week by an "earlier" reservation holder - it may get released to the waiting list of preolder holders.
Yeah, it's a pretty common combo so I'd be shocked if I was the "next in line" for that specific build but if a guide called me tomorrow and said "if you come to Normal it's yours" I'd be heading to the car within a few minutes.

Sponsored

RivianNE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla 3 LR Dual|2021 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
I couldn’t resist. My must have was the 20”. Got a FG/FE with underbody and 20”!!

bigsteve

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1S LE
Occupation
Manager
Can someone explain to me how these trucks end up in the R1 Shop? Are all these trucks overflow from a manufacturing batch, refurbished units that had issues, or back outs by previous pre-order holders? Seems weird to have trucks in this R1 Shop when other folks are still waiting on their original configurations. Maybe I missed something…

RivianNE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla 3 LR Dual|2021 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Can someone explain to me how these trucks end up in the R1 Shop? Are all these trucks overflow from a manufacturing batch, refurbished units that had issues, or back outs by previous pre-order holders? Seems weird to have trucks in this R1 Shop when other folks are still waiting on their original configurations. Maybe I missed something…
I am not sure but I know that my truck is in Normal and it’s a 63xxx VIN. Is it a recent number?

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

No one knows for sure, but there are too many for them all to be rejected by customers. And they tend to come in batches (ie all FE interior).

I think they are doing big runs of the components they have, and if no order holder before 2021 matches then it goes in the Shop. That way they maximize production, and also make (some of) the earlier reservation holders happy-ish.

martinb8

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
@bigsteve literally nobody understands the process. Originally, it’s believed they were trucks that were ordered but the owners rejected or couldn’t finance so they sat where they were delivered. Now, it’s just a guessing game.

Sponsored

martinb8

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Here is a full screen capture. I'm in San Diego - so this inventory appears to be across all distributions?

rivian.com_vehicle-shop_list.png
If you look closely, there is never the EXACT same configuration in the shop listed twice. It's always slightly different. My belief is that there could be multiples of some of these. So that would make sense that there aren't just a handful of trucks available in the shop, but there may be a handful of configurations, but 10+ trucks available across those configurations. Not to say they all have multiple trucks tied to them, it's likely there may only be one yellow or red available since those appear to be pretty rare.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I think it is two types of trucks:

First are trucks where the buyer backs out. I think this are very rare for anyone with pre-March pricing since even if you don't want to keep it you can easily flip it for a quick profit.

Second and more common are trucks that were matched to a person during production and then the person they were matched to changed something in their config making the truck no longer a match.

In both cases you have what they refer to as an "orphaned" truck that goes into the shop. It's possible that some are built as part of a batch without anyone who has that specific config, but I find that to be highly unlikely.

HimuraMOdo

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Blue R1T Adventure+22" ; 14 Durango
Occupation
Engineer
Here is a full screen capture. I'm in San Diego - so this inventory appears to be across all distributions?

rivian.com_vehicle-shop_list.png
Thanks for the heads up! Decided to take the blue one with the 22" wheel. An upgrade to have 20 mile less in range heh...

SoCol

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE
Occupation
Operations
I’m having second thoughts… and contemplating going deep in the forest. Since I selected a vehicle earlier today, I no longer have access… can anyone with access confirm current availability?

thanks!!

gtlevan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I’m having second thoughts… and contemplating going deep in the forest. Since I selected a vehicle earlier today, I no longer have access… can anyone with access confirm current availability?

thanks!!
Owe me a beer

Rivian R1T R1S First look at @ “Introducing the R1 Shop” -- Rivian website to shop for R1T that delivers in 6-8 weeks rivian.com_vehicle-shop_list
Sponsored