First Name
AKB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Suburban
Occupation
Physician
I received the following email on Wednesday, per my guide I was one of the 1st to receive due to my early res date, Oct 2019.
Screenshot 2.png

When exploring the "Shop" you are presented with the current inventory available for selection at that time, and yes it does change in real time. I was going to pull the trigger on a config that was very close to mine and In between the time it took to ask my wife if she liked GW over LG, poof it was gone. With that said some of the same trucks (mostly with 21 & 22" wheels)were still there on Friday when I actually did pull the trigger for real, more on that later.

Shop.jpg

You can filter for "Color, Wheels, Interior Color, Tow Hooks, Underbody Shield, Tonneau cover and Spare Tire". When you find something you like you just confirm you config and its added to your account and your access to the Shop is no longer available. At this point I have to add "Be Careful" on your clicks, I was letting my 12 yr old search the inventory and he added a config to my account that was not of my choosing. Luckily my guide was able to fix the mistake and in 30 minutes or so I was able to re-enter the shop. I had come to the conclusion that I was just going to wait for my config to go into production and let my access to the shop expire (you receive 1 week of access) and low and behold I just happened to go into the shop yesterday afternoon and sitting there was my exact config minus the spare, I pulled the trigger, I'll let you know how long it take to get from right coast to left coast. Regarding the spare, it does not transfer and if I want one, which I do, I will have to find someone in my neck of the woods I can persuade to add to their order and pay them for it because the only way to get one now is through the gear shop and per my guide that's going to be a long time away. I think what was holding up my res was the 20" wheels, I believe they are in short order which makes sense if you see what's being delivered. I'm still a little bit unsure of my decision to use the "Shop" instead of just waiting for my truck to go into
production, but a bird in the hand :) I want to mention all in all I like this way of purchasing a vehicle, I have purchased over 20 cars/trucks in my life an have only bought 1 off the lot. For the most part you can config to your liking and get what you really want as long as it comes with a "powered tonneau cover" oh I won't go there.

Hope this is helpful to other folks on the forum, they can be a great time suck, however they can also be useful if you share info that can be helpful to others like the Hazard Log hack: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...rvice-techs-find-logs-ahead-of-visiting.5114/

Cheers

AP
I thought the 21 inch wheels were in short supply. The posts I have been reading across the forum seem to indicate that most of the trucks being delivered have 20 inch all-terrain‘s.

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
I thought the 21 inch wheels were in short supply. The posts I have been reading across the forum seem to indicate that most of the trucks being delivered have 20 inch all-terrain‘s.
Perhaps they were doing a big batch of 20s and now they're doing 21s 🤷‍♂️

EMama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV-4
Occupation
retired
I received the following email on Wednesday, per my guide I was one of the 1st to receive due to my early res date, Oct 2019.
Screenshot 2.png

When exploring the "Shop" you are presented with the current inventory available for selection at that time, and yes it does change in real time. I was going to pull the trigger on a config that was very close to mine and In between the time it took to ask my wife if she liked GW over LG, poof it was gone. With that said some of the same trucks (mostly with 21 & 22" wheels)were still there on Friday when I actually did pull the trigger for real, more on that later.

Shop.jpg

You can filter for "Color, Wheels, Interior Color, Tow Hooks, Underbody Shield, Tonneau cover and Spare Tire". When you find something you like you just confirm you config and its added to your account and your access to the Shop is no longer available. At this point I have to add "Be Careful" on your clicks, I was letting my 12 yr old search the inventory and he added a config to my account that was not of my choosing. Luckily my guide was able to fix the mistake and in 30 minutes or so I was able to re-enter the shop. I had come to the conclusion that I was just going to wait for my config to go into production and let my access to the shop expire (you receive 1 week of access) and low and behold I just happened to go into the shop yesterday afternoon and sitting there was my exact config minus the spare, I pulled the trigger, I'll let you know how long it take to get from right coast to left coast. Regarding the spare, it does not transfer and if I want one, which I do, I will have to find someone in my neck of the woods I can persuade to add to their order and pay them for it because the only way to get one now is through the gear shop and per my guide that's going to be a long time away. I think what was holding up my res was the 20" wheels, I believe they are in short order which makes sense if you see what's being delivered. I'm still a little bit unsure of my decision to use the "Shop" instead of just waiting for my truck to go into
production, but a bird in the hand :) I want to mention all in all I like this way of purchasing a vehicle, I have purchased over 20 cars/trucks in my life an have only bought 1 off the lot. For the most part you can config to your liking and get what you really want as long as it comes with a "powered tonneau cover" oh I won't go there.

Hope this is helpful to other folks on the forum, they can be a great time suck, however they can also be useful if you share info that can be helpful to others like the Hazard Log hack: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...rvice-techs-find-logs-ahead-of-visiting.5114/

Cheers

AP
Hope it's true that October 2019 is considered an earlier pre-order, as I am waiting to get any reliable info on my March 2019 R1S LE.

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

Hope it's true that October 2019 is considered an earlier pre-order, as I am waiting to get any reliable info on my March 2019 R1S LE.
Based on today's email for R1S res holders you may or may not see that reliable info sometime in the next 2 weeks to 6 months.

Sponsored

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
I'm really intrigued how Rivian will hand out Shop invites. Will the next round go to folks with August-September windows? October-November? Later? If the shop is delivery in 6-8 weeks and my delivery window is 6-12 weeks from now, why would I go for some suboptimal config to get the truck in basically the same amount of time? This process has turned me into a kid in the weeks leading up to Christmas -- anticipation/anxiety levels waayyyyy higher than they should be. I'm not locked in too firmly on my config so I could see myself jumping on a store option for not a ton of delivery improvement but the right thing would still need to be available. If they give me a Shop option in October for my Dec-Jan window I doubt I take it unless there's something super close.

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Not many have an earlier reservation date than we do. Ours is November 28, 2018. We have not received any email regarding the R1 Shop. I guess that a very early order date is not a factor.

Brian

OP
OP
M00v0vr

M00v0vr

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T MY
Occupation
entrepreneur/ski race coach
Not many have an earlier reservation date than we do. Ours is November 28, 2018. We have not received any email regarding the R1 Shop. I guess that a very early order date is not a factor.

Brian
Yes, you have a very early res, however your config is an Explorer, they are not going to reach out to you unless you have an LE or Adventure config saved.

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

They are giving others the opportunity to reassess their wants. Why are we not included?

Brian

PAFDenver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Baja
Occupation
retired
I...
The next day I logged in in the morning and it said that all the cars had been taken. I then checked that afternoon and there was an additional 8 or 10. I found one in my exact configuration except it was in limestone with the powered tonneau cover, but it had the spare tire. I jumped on it and in less than a day I was completing the steps and had a VIN number.
I wonder how long this shop will last. My suspicions are that most of these are vehicles that had significant issues at PDI and people got new vehicles assigned while these were fixed. Not all, but the majority. So once these are sold, it would seem that it should be fairly rare that new ones need that much correction before delivery. Or I hope so anyway since production SHOULD be producing better trucks as they continue to ramp. So I think there should be this original burst of vehicles available and then only a trickle.

Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
I wonder how long this shop will last. My suspicions are that most of these are vehicles that had significant issues at PDI and people got new vehicles assigned while these were fixed. Not all, but the majority. So once these are sold, it would seem that it should be fairly rare that new ones need that much correction before delivery. Or I hope so anyway since production SHOULD be producing better trucks as they continue to ramp. So I think there should be this original burst of vehicles available and then only a trickle.
I think a lot of the vehicles in the shop were originally matched with someone who bailed for one reason or another. Could be a configuration change, could be financing issue, etc.

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
I think the shop will be here for quite awhile, especially for folks that change their configuration a lot. For example, if u had a config and when u met with your guide changed the config prior to locking, that in turn could cause an "orphaned" vehicle. That happened to me when I asked the guide to change my interior to FE and the vehicle that was previously assigned to me was taken away. I am probably a bad example, but on avg have change my config at least 1/x week before locking. That was probably a main driver of me getting a guide as I was a nightmare for demand planning ;)

OP
OP
M00v0vr

M00v0vr

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T MY
Occupation
entrepreneur/ski race coach
Per my guide and the info from the shareholders meeting, the reason for the "Shop" is people backing out of their orders after they have confirmed them and they went into production. This forum is only a small portion of res holders and probably does not do a fair representation of total orders. My particular VIN 5XXX was just received at the location the week before last, and the buyer backed out at the last minute. I know that seems strange to us who know the market for theses trucks.

PAFDenver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Baja
Occupation
retired
I think the shop will be here for quite awhile, especially for folks that change their configuration a lot. For example, if u had a config and when u met with your guide changed the config prior to locking, that in turn could cause an "orphaned" vehicle. That happened to me when I asked the guide to change my interior to FE and the vehicle that was previously assigned to me was taken away. I am probably a bad example, but on avg have change my config at least 1/x week before locking. That was probably a main driver of me getting a guide as I was a nightmare for demand planning ;)
I guess I don't understand the buying process. I thought that you locked your config and signed the "intent to purchase" (sorry, forgot the term I kept hearing) before it entered production. It sounds like signing that doc means you are 6-8 weeks out, which seems like an appropriate time to build & ship a vehicle. I am really surprised that they would assign you a specific vehicle if you haven't locked your config.
I hope most of these vehicles are not related to troubles, but it feels strange that so many people would have unexpected issues at the 11th hour considering the tone of these forums.

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
I know that seems strange to us who know the market for theses trucks.
I am reminded of all the calls I received from time to time by otherwise intelligent clients who demanded I sell out all of their market holdings because someone on TV told them that Gold was the only market to be in.
Sponsored