Sponsored

First half 2023 delivery realistic for order placed in Nov 2021?

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

I'm in the same boat as OP. Nov. 2021 - but originally Max Pack and OC. Switched to LP and BM but then switched back to OC when they updated it.

Have never received an updated delivery estimate. Original (with Max Pack) was 2H 2023.
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

q177onique

First Name
Monique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
I’m in the same boat as well, Nov ‘21. Is supply chain still a thing? I am kind of optimistic I will get it sooner than later but probably just wishful thinking.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Lightning Standard
. Is supply chain still a thing?
Supply chain will seemingly be a thing for at least another year for just basic components, then batteries will continue to be in short supply for a couple more years.

Some F150 Lightnings are currently on Chip holds due to shortages.

I have a May 2021 order, and an initial Q1 2023 window. Initially it was Ocean Coast and Explore package, two things that was pushing it out. Still on Ocean Coast , but obviously now Adventure. Everything else is stock.

Who knows when I will get it. I'm not exactly in a hurry, I have my XLT lightning. If I can selll it to cover the cost of the Rivian, I may so do. Need to decide between Tech/Range vs. Function/Size.

Sponsored

Teddy184

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
Occupation
retired
Placed my deposit in September 2021. Configured with the manual tonneau cover. once the Chelsea center opened I changed to auto tonneau and was contacted 5 days later. Have had the truck for 3 weeks with no issues. Met a guy from West Springfield MA who has 28,000 miles on his and he had one small issue with the charge port cover. The truck puts a smile on my face every time I get in and I'm not a car guy. Truck was delivered on 8/18.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Is this delivery realistic? I placed just on Nov 2021. Whenever I asked Rivian, they say it’s still on track for first half of 2023. The excitement is killing me.
Depends on a million things. However I placed in Dec 2021 slated for Dec-Jan. Now that OC is in the funnel if that ramps up I'm hoping even sooner (fingers crossed...)

OP
OP

irvineboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Not bitter towards OP as it's not his/her fault, but your late 2021 order can easily be skipped for those that ordered in 2022 (for reasons only Rivian knows), which inevitably would push you back. Perhaps you will get lucky and be the one that jumps the queue.

GR
Please explain how a late 2021 R1S order can be skipped for an early 2022 R1S order?

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Placed my deposit in September 2021. Configured with the manual tonneau cover. once the Chelsea center opened I changed to auto tonneau and was contacted 5 days later. Have had the truck for 3 weeks with no issues. Met a guy from West Springfield MA who has 28,000 miles on his and he had one small issue with the charge port cover. The truck puts a smile on my face every time I get in and I'm not a car guy. Truck was delivered on 8/18.
Winning!!!!!

The_Frog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, MS
Based on my Tesla experiences, I am pretty conservative by nature, so I am expecting H2 '24 even though my initial delivery date was Q3 2023.

R1S large pack ordered in November 22.

I would LOVE to be proven wrong.

Last edited:

ERguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
It's hard to makes these sorts of predictions, but the one thing I do know is that all the experiences people keep posting about their R1T order and delivery experiences are not exactly indicative of what will happen with R1S deliveries. They are completely separate vehicles with different production timelines.

R1S production is still very low. The answers the OP seeks will depend on if Rivian can successfully ramp up R1S production in the next few months. We'll see what happens. I too have a 1st have 2023 R1S delivery estimate. I'm hopefully but not counting on it. It seems like the R1S production is at least 6 months behind the original schedule.