Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Nice…charging door and hood alignment are acceptable here. ?. Hoping for exceptional by Spring 2022.

R1TFanatic

First Name
Mustafa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota 4Runner Limited
Occupation
Sales
Rivian employee or regular Joe? Curious to how many vehicles have been delivered so far

Enjen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M240i
Clubs

Rivian employee or regular Joe? Curious to how many vehicles have been delivered so far

As per the ammendment to Rivian's S-1: "as of October 22, 2021, we produced 56 R1Ts and delivered 42 R1Ts"

Sponsored

Ssaygmo

First Name
Sage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
From looking at the ig posts from all the vehicles we’ve seen, ALL appear to be posting as if following some rivian social media guidelines but not actually admitting anywhere to being employees. It all feels like a big charade to prove deliveries, when no deliveries to the general public have occurred. If they planned on delivering the first several months worth of production to employee orders, just say so, “it’s for quality assurance purposes” or something.

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
From looking at the ig posts from all the vehicles we’ve seen, ALL appear to be posting as if following some rivian social media guidelines but not actually admitting anywhere to being employees. It all feels like a big charade to prove deliveries, when no deliveries to the general public have occurred. If they planned on delivering the first several months worth of production to employee orders, just say so, “it’s for quality assurance purposes” or something.
From the recent update to their IPO filing:

As of September 30, 2021, we produced 12 R1Ts and delivered 11 R1Ts, and as of October 22, 2021, we produced 56 R1Ts and delivered 42 R1Ts.

They averaged producing 2 per day in October. I agree with your assessment that they are all to employees and that they are following some sort of company guidelines. The reality is that for all intents and purposes, commercial production hasn’t actually started.

Last edited:

Ssaygmo

First Name
Sage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
From the recent update to their IPO filing:

As of September 30, 2021, we produced 12 R1Ts and delivered 11 R1Ts, and as of October 22, 2021, we produced 56 R1Ts and delivered 42 R1Ts.

They averaged producing 2 per day in October. I agree with your assessment that they are all to employees and that they are following some sort of company guidelines. The reality is that for all intents and purposes, commercial production hasn’t actually started.
Yes. Seems like release candidate vehicles, good enough to use for test drive events and give to employees who get a discount and will likely sign an nda to only post about cool features, not issues.

I’m excited to see the full production ramp, and delivery of thousands of vehicles.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
charging door and hood alignment are acceptable here
I can live with acceptable alignment on charging door but nervous about the fact that is motorized. I know everyone is going ooh and ahhh about how smooth it is but I can totally see in a few years when owners start getting stranded at charging stations because the motor start acting up and they can’t get it open to charge. Something that important should be mechanical and as simple as possible. I am probably the only one freaking out about this but I have had just too many of this type of things go wrong on me in the past.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I can live with acceptable alignment on charging door but nervous about the fact that is motorized. I know everyone is going ooh and ahhh about how smooth it is but I can totally see in a few years when owners start getting stranded at charging stations because the motor start acting up and they can’t get it open to charge. Something that important should be mechanical and as simple as possible. I am probably the only one freaking out about this but I have had just too many of this type of things go wrong on me in the past.
How do you know that you can't still force the charging door open even when its not working? Just like those automatic doors entering some stores, you can push those open even if its not working.

Reactions: Max

Sponsored

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
How do you know that you can't still force the charging door open even when its not working? Just like those automatic doors entering some stores, you can push those open even if its not working.
I don’t. I hope you are correct. I know I will break it open with a screwdriver if I am in that position but I would rather not have to.

LeoH

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, Tesla S, MAzda CX-30, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Software Engineering Director
I don’t. I hope you are correct. I know I will break it open with a screwdriver if I am in that position but I would rather not have to.
I had that issue with my Model S once, and there was a manual release for it. Put car in Park, and just push on the charge port and it will pop open. However, if I remember correctly I only had 60 seconds before it locks again.

Cactus

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feb 2014 Tesla Model S, June 2023 R1S
Occupation
Professor
Clubs

I completely agree. Critical operations (charging doors, vehicle doors) need to have a manual override, or be manual-tension loaded in the first place. We don't need electric motors for everything...
Sponsored