Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

time

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
Thats insane. I'd argue the Rivian is worth the premium because its cool and sexy. The Lightning is a great truck but cool it will never be. There's no premium for being standard. There's going to be so many of these coming off the line this year. Just buy a 2nd hand Rivian at that point. Buyer will lose less.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Thats insane. I'd argue the Rivian is worth the premium because its cool and sexy. The Lightning is a great truck but cool it will never be. There's no premium for being standard. There's going to be so many of these coming off the line this year. Just buy a 2nd hand Rivian at that point. Buyer will lose less.
Considering the truck is sold out for 2 years, it’s not really insane. There’s only 15,000 coming off the line this year.

I’ve got a couple of buddies who are tradesmen. They’re struggling to get trucks in general, much less a lightning. Imagine them getting 2 years of gas savings. That’s $20-30,000 in savings alone.

As for cool, eye of the beholder. I still drool over the Lightning SVT. The GMC Cyclone is still a cool truck. Just because it shares a similar body doesn’t mean it isn’t cool. Especially since Ford has already said the F150L will be a one and done and only exist from 2022-2025. There’s some potential collectors value in that.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

The GMC Cyclone is still a cool truck.
I'm still hoping they are going to bring the Sy/Tys back as high-performance EVs that blow everything else out of the water. Keep them small. Not midsize. Not between small and midsize.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Bring a Trailer or Cars and Bids would have probably brought in more cash IMO.

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I'm still hoping they are going to bring the Sy/Tys back as high-performance EVs that blow everything else out of the water. Keep them small. Not midsize. Not between small and midsize.
I would throw my money at a small sport truck in a heartbeat…or an Aussie type UTE. E-Camino?

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Actually I am surprised these are on the auction sites. A quick seach on Auto Trader says I could get a Lariat within 150 miles of me for a $5k ADM, maybe that becomes $10-15k after dealer shenanigans.

Edit: It looks like even the dealer here in Sandy has 6 of them available, unsure about their ADM:

https://www.suburbanford.net/searchnew.aspx?Model=F-150 Lightning

OP
OP
Riviot

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Actually I am surprised these are on the auction sites. A quick seach on Auto Trader says I could get a Lariat within 150 miles of me for a $5k ADM, maybe that becomes $10-15k after dealer shenanigans.

Edit: It looks like even the dealer here in Sandy has 6 of them available, unsure about their ADM:

https://www.suburbanford.net/searchnew.aspx?Model=F-150 Lightning
They aren't really available, it's a standard dealership tactic to post incoming inventory even if it's already spoken for just to draw attention, clicks, and calls. "Perhaps you're interested in this other thing we have to hold you over?"

s12dxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE - LA Silver
Clubs

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

They aren't really available, it's a standard dealership tactic to post incoming inventory even if it's already spoken for just to draw attention, clicks, and calls. "Perhaps you're interested in this other thing we have to hold you over?"
Won't miss those shenanigans SooN

s12dxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE - LA Silver
Clubs