First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
That sucks that I want to black out my badges and get rid of the yellow on my quad and now that's the premium differentiator.
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Can't wait to hear if the "tocking" has been eliminated with the new motors.
I'm curious too, but I doubt it. It's not the actual motor causing it.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

That sucks that I want to black out my badges and get rid of the yellow on my quad and now that's the premium differentiator.
Guess you'll just have to use the long pedal to make people aware you're top dog.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Exciting...

Sponsored

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Gray brake calipers. No yellow accents on letters of badge. I’ve had my Quad-Max config since 10/2021, with delivery window of Dual-Max this Oct-Dec. To this very second I’ve been shown a truck with yellow calipers and yellow accented letters in my account. Now, I am finding out these details have changed… through looking closely at a Rivian social media post?! Yet again, Caravano and his “communications” team have failed my trust. Is he so busy that he couldn’t even be bothered to send a one sentence email?!

Death by a thousand cuts… one paper cut at a time. Fucking annoying.

Last edited:

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Guess you'll just have to use the long pedal to make people aware you're top dog.
True. That hasn't been a problem so far. Although most of the people who see it would be embarrassed even by the dual motor.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Gray brake calipers. No yellow accents on letters of badge. I’ve had my Quad-Max config since 10/2021, with delivery window of Dual-Max this Oct-Dec. To this very second I’ve been shown a truck with yellow calipers and yellow accented letters in my account. Now, I am finding out these details have changed… through looking closely at a Rivian social media post?! Yet again, Caravano and his “communications” team have failed my trust. Is he so busy that he couldn’t even be bothered to send a one sentence email?!

FWIW there was a accessory image leak due to website oopsie back in the day where the brake calipers were rendered in red. I think they moved away from that variant due to the tesla color similarly

Rivian R1T R1S First customer Dual-Motor R1T rolls off production line! Screenshot_20230525_201904_Photos

Hillbilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boat and tractor
Occupation
Hillbilly
Maize for the best.
Gray for the rest.

Go Blue.

Sponsored

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY

How do you know what the max pack version will be? Maybe it’ll be blue?

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
One yellow chapter closes— welcome back yellow logo floor mats!— and another yellow chapter begins. Rivian is out to get you, one yellow accent at a time. Death by a thousand yellow logos, or lack there of.

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
They will bring back the yellow accents when they release the Rivian R1 Legacy Edition!!

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I'm curious too, but I doubt it. It's not the actual motor causing it.
Took much spline movement in the hub...grease quieted mine down and once displaced comes back....why some people have it and others say they don't is beyond me...unless the tolerances for the factory that makes the half shafts just aren't rigorously controlled.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Took much spline movement in the hub...grease quieted mine down and once displaced comes back....why some people have it and others say they don't is beyond me...unless the tolerances for the factory that makes the half shafts just aren't rigorously controlled.
Tolerances that are too tight with mating parts can lead to issues with assembly. Having a vehicle stuck on the line that can't be assembled because the parts won't physically mate is a big problem. Seems like that would mean there is room for an aftermarket driveshaft company to release parts with tighter tolerances but I haven't heard of anything yet.
Sponsored