First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evhelphub.com
Vehicles
R1T
Can't wait to hear if the "tocking" has been eliminated with the new motors.
I'm curious too, but I doubt it. It's not the actual motor causing it.
To both of your points, I'm curious if they took this opportunity to roll out a lot of new things, whether they can be seen or not, to improve vehicle quality or otherwise. My money is that there will be some surprises.
Sponsored

VHRivian

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Chevrolet Traverse
I’ll be selling these badges on Etsy.

IMG_6385.jpeg
Where is the pre-order link? I am in for a set ASAP so my R1S can be the first 'sleeper.' I may stick one on every panel all the way around just to make sure everyone sees it.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
To both of your points, I'm curious if they took this opportunity to roll out a lot of new things, whether they can be seen or not, to improve vehicle quality or otherwise. My money is that there will be some surprises.
Stamped sub-frames and new beefed up suspension components are already being seen on newly built vehicles....unfortunately, us early adopters get welded subframes that are showing signs of wear already and not as beefy suspension components. Annoyed, but expected.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Looks like the dual-motor variants don't have all the yellow accents. I like the difference.
Oh yeah, there'd been talk of the yellow accents only being for Quads for over a year now. Nice to see that panned out. FG with the accents looks great.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Took much spline movement in the hub...grease quieted mine down and once displaced comes back....why some people have it and others say they don't is beyond me...unless the tolerances for the factory that makes the half shafts just aren't rigorously controlled.
can you explain in laymans terms what "too much spline movement in the hub" means?

Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Stamped sub-frames and new beefed up suspension components are already being seen on newly built vehicles....unfortunately, us early adopters get welded subframes that are showing signs of wear already and not as beefy suspension components. Annoyed, but expected.
ive seen pics of the new stamped sub-frames. what are the "new beefed up suspension components"? i think thats just a rumor, no?

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
can you explain in laymans terms what "too much spline movement in the hub" means?
Well, I'm somewhat of a layman myself....but if you look at the spline it has "teeth" or notches that line up inside the hub....the notches just have too much space inside the receiving hub so they move, hence the tick/tock when getting on/off throttle. So either the hub or shaft don't fit tight enough together...sloppy tolerances.

Rivian R1T R1S First customer Dual-Motor R1T rolls off production line! 1685116810206

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
ive seen pics of the new stamped sub-frames. what are the "new beefed up suspension components"? i think thats just a rumor, no?
A detailer based in Colorado has posted pics of the new parts...he details a lot of Rivians, so he's seen the changes on newer vins...

Rivian R1T R1S First customer Dual-Motor R1T rolls off production line! 1685117148104
Sponsored