Sponsored

alisdair1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Quick update for today, no pics (sorry, was a quick drive-by and didn't think to get my phone out of my pocket 😅). Not much has changed out front; no 'Rivian' signage installed just yet that I could see anyway. In the back by the loading bay they have additional charging spots in the works. So far it's just the bare ground conduits that are in place, but the SC tech I spoke to at the open house event said that those are going to be DC fast chargers (apply grain of salt here). Other than that, they have the black signposts out for customer pickup and staging area! Only a couple more weeks before we start seeing first Canadian deliveries now.
Sponsored

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
I went by the Calgary Service Centre yesterday and there was evidence some work is/had been done. Makes even more bitter about my 2024 timeline since they could clearly open it next year.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I went by the Calgary Service Centre yesterday and there was evidence some work is/had been done. Makes even more bitter about my 2024 timeline since they could clearly open it next year.
who knows what their plan is…maybe Calgary one comes online sooner than projected and that helps get AB deliveries out of 2024
An estimate is just an estimate, after all.

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
who knows what their plan is…maybe Calgary one comes online sooner than projected and that helps get AB deliveries out of 2024
An estimate is just an estimate, after all.
Rivian estimates only move backward, not forward lol.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Sponsored

aliasyvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40
Will be interesting to see for those who get it in BC if the Federal 'luxury' tax will apply or if it's exempt do to weight and what the destination charge will be?

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Will be interesting to see for those who get it in BC if the Federal 'luxury' tax will apply or if it's exempt do to weight and what the destination charge will be?
Exempt from federal luxury tax due to GVWR

I’d guess destination charges of >$2500

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 1974 914
Occupation
Engineer
Just saw the updated Service Centre map and there is a service centre in the works in the Toronto area. Looks like it will be in the Woodbridge area - perhaps by the auto mall there.

Rivian R1T R1S First Canadian Rivian Service Centre in Progress Pics From Vancouver Screenshot 2022-12-07 at 9.10.22 AM

gamarsh

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
(in Vancouver BTW)
Thanks to another member, and awful traffic this Saturday, I went on a little excursion. My wife also seemed to be unexpectedly curious. Thanks to the very nice contractor for giving us a little tour. I'm in construction and I thought the team there was doing a pretty good job.

I think I will refrain from talking about dates out of respect for Rivian. Suffice to say it looked like everything is on track for an opening sometime this fall or maybe early winter, by the time staff complete their work and vehicles arrive. It's going to be a very exciting grand opening when announced.

Now I'm really getting excited about taking a test drive.

My wife wants to see the colours in person as she's changed her mind again and is leaning towards red ;)

IMG_9178.jpg

IMG_9179.jpg

IMG_9177.jpg

IMG_9176.jpg
I have the Red Rivian, drove it up to Vancouver. Great colour - best in MHO

Rivian R1T R1S First Canadian Rivian Service Centre in Progress Pics From Vancouver IMG_1605.JPG

Sponsored

cbrcanuck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
If you brought the MTB and want to go for a ride on the North Shore, let me know. I'd be happy to take you out for a spin. I live two blocks from the trails in North Van.

gamarsh

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
If you brought the MTB and want to go for a ride on the North Shore, let me know. I'd be happy to take you out for a spin. I live two blocks from the trails in North Van.
Yup, brought our two MTBs for my wife and I.

gamarsh

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I had the pleasure of visiting the service center in Richmond while they took a look at a problem with the heater not reading correctly btw. Very very new, they told me that I was the 2nd R1T they had serviced from owners.