Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
If you look at the Google street view, that whole ramp and roll up door are brand new, they added them in so they must have been working on this building for a lot longer than was revealed on here...
How old are the google street view images?
Sponsored

cbrcanuck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
How old are the google street view images?
They get refreshed often enough (every couple of years I think?). And that previous tenant didn’t definitely wouldn’t have needed the door and ramp. It’s also shiny and new :)

Skigh

First Name
Skigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Has anyone been by lately? Should be really close to being open by now....

Sponsored

Skigh

First Name
Skigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S

alisdair1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Exciting! Either deliveries, for the open house, or both?

LoneI2anger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
wow this is huge... first R1S sighting in Vancouver? Next weekend is too far away... Job well done cbrcanuck

Sponsored

cbrcanuck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
wow this is huge... first R1S sighting in Vancouver? Next weekend is too far away... Job well done cbrcanuck
I got really lucky. I had a brief chat with a great staff member and he said the truck wasn't due for another couple of days and that it was early. I just happened to rock up as it was unloading. I was thinking about it afterwards, I wondered if any of these vehicles will wind up being used for test drives, if they still plan on that here (why wouldn't they?!)? I've made a mental note to ask them about that next weekend.

The brief experience definitely revved up the excitement dial again. It definitely wanes over time ;)

DirtyJester

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 kona ev
Occupation
Millwright
I got really lucky. I had a brief chat with a great staff member and he said the truck wasn't due for another couple of days and that it was early. I just happened to rock up as it was unloading. I was thinking about it afterwards, I wondered if any of these vehicles will wind up being used for test drives, if they still plan on that here (why wouldn't they?!)? I've made a mental note to ask them about that next weekend.

The brief experience definitely revved up the excitement dial again. It definitely wanes over time ;)
Ya I agree. It wanes and then something comes up that rejuvenates it. I only placed my deposit in Oct this year so I know I got a while to wait but excitement is at all time high right now. 🤣

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
I wondered if any of these vehicles will wind up being used for test drives, if they still plan on that here (why wouldn't they?!)?
I'm not sure when they are going to do test drives here. First up is the show and tell.later this month. But I don't expect test drives to start here before deliveries (to customers) does. Similar to US where earliest deliveries happened before test drives were even offered.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I'm not sure when they are going to do test drives here. First up is the show and tell.later this month. But I don't expect test drives to start here before deliveries (to customers) does. Similar to US where earliest deliveries happened before test drives were even offered.
Might be different since they now have production in full swing.

rivianguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
If it was like the US then the first trucks are typically for employees etc. so that the local service center can get some 'wrench time' with the vehicles. It might be different in this case however as the vehicles have been in market a bit longer so these could actually be customer vehicles. As an aside you might want to consider joining the Rivian Owners Canada Facebook group as the administrator is looking for moderators and there is a lot of 'cross posting' between that group and this one. I'm not a FaceBook expert but I believe this link will send you there...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4397853020274130
Sponsored