Ripped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Dual Max
Occupation
-
(in Vancouver BTW)
Thanks to another member, and awful traffic this Saturday, I went on a little excursion. My wife also seemed to be unexpectedly curious. Thanks to the very nice contractor for giving us a little tour. I'm in construction and I thought the team there was doing a pretty good job.

I think I will refrain from talking about dates out of respect for Rivian. Suffice to say it looked like everything is on track for an opening sometime this fall or maybe early winter, by the time staff complete their work and vehicles arrive. It's going to be a very exciting grand opening when announced.

Now I'm really getting excited about taking a test drive.

My wife wants to see the colours in person as she's changed her mind again and is leaning towards red ;)

Rivian R1T R1S First Canadian Rivian Service Centre in Progress Pics From Vancouver IMG_9178

Rivian R1T R1S First Canadian Rivian Service Centre in Progress Pics From Vancouver IMG_9179

Rivian R1T R1S First Canadian Rivian Service Centre in Progress Pics From Vancouver IMG_9177

Rivian R1T R1S First Canadian Rivian Service Centre in Progress Pics From Vancouver IMG_9176
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Red is much better in person than any online pics I have seen.

Where is the warehouse where they plan to store all the replacement tonneaus?

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
OP
OP
Ripped

Ripped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Dual Max
Occupation
-
Incidentally what looks like the shorter lift in the foreground is supposed to be for the Amazon vans. I guess they might not clear the crossbars on the other lifts.

hroussel

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3 perf, (R1T DMP reserved)
(in Vancouver BTW)
Thanks to another member, and awful traffic this Saturday, I went on a little excursion. My wife also seemed to be unexpectedly curious. Thanks to the very nice contractor for giving us a little tour. I'm in construction and I thought the team there was doing a pretty good job.

I think I will refrain from talking about dates out of respect for Rivian. Suffice to say it looked like everything is on track for an opening sometime this fall or maybe early winter, by the time staff complete their work and vehicles arrive. It's going to be a very exciting grand opening when announced.

Now I'm really getting excited about taking a test drive.

My wife wants to see the colours in person as she's changed her mind again and is leaning towards red ;)
Exciting times indeed!

How did you know about the location? Did you get an email from Rivian? And how long ago?

Here in Montreal still no news, although deliveries are set for the first half of 2023.

Just for comparison I got a call in June I believe from a manager at Lucid (I have a reservation on a Air) about their delivery center. They mentioned it would open in November this year. The address was specified also (exactly 2mi from my home!).

Sponsored

R1T-USN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
’19 X5 40i, ’07 X5 4.8, ’98 M Roadster
Awesome pictures - thanks for sharing !

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

There will be a very pissed off Director of Facilities at Rivian if they see these pics.

cbrcanuck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Oooh - good find!! Trying to place it, looks like maybe south Vancouver or south Burnaby?

alisdair1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
It's an industrial/commercial park just off on overpass, judging by the second picture. My bet is Richmond?

aliasyvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40
Exciting times indeed!

How did you know about the location? Did you get an email from Rivian? And how long ago?

Here in Montreal still no news, although deliveries are set for the first half of 2023.

Just for comparison I got a call in June I believe from a manager at Lucid (I have a reservation on a Air) about their delivery center. They mentioned it would open in November this year. The address was specified also (exactly 2mi from my home!).
Oooh - good find!! Trying to place it, looks like maybe south Vancouver or south Burnaby?
I would love to know roughly where it is as well. I was hoping north Burnaby where there some light industrial mixed with high tech companies. My guess is also Richmond judging by the pics.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
It’s in Richmond.

can’t be bothered to find it, but someone from rivian mentioned thst in an interview.

alisdair1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Well, I went for a short drive and can confirm the location based off some sleuthing on Google Maps (and I know Richmond quite well since I grew up there). Out of respect for Rivian I won't give out the address, but it's very easy to get to and in a nice area.

It happens to be a 5-10 minute drive from me, so hopefully I can have the option to pick up my R1T there!

aliasyvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40
Glad to hear it's a nice are to get in/out of. I'm just thankful that things are moving along for those who live in BC (hoping for other locations across the country for everyone else)! Hoping they provide an update soon on deliveries for Canadians!

OP
OP
Ripped

Ripped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Dual Max
Occupation
-
Yeah I think it's cool to keep it a little stealthy, so that when RJ and team make the big announcement, it's big news.

When browsing the careers section of the website, there are also some other very interesting locations for job postings ;)

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

It's an industrial/commercial park just off on overpass, judging by the second picture. My bet is Richmond?
Its funny cause I was guessing the same area... I know the front of the white building in the distance but can't quite narrow it down. I wan't to say either close to the airport, or just off Richmond side of the Oak st bridge.
Sponsored